HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 24, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #886 of 11,873
Can anyone recommend a HP that supplements the Arya well? I feel the soundstage and openess are unmatched but there are times I want a more "fuller-bodied" sound, if that makes any sense. Here are some that I've been looking at:
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820
Anyone have suggestions here?

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #887 of 11,873
Can anyone recommend a HP that supplements the Arya well? I feel the soundstage and openess are unmatched but there are times I want a more "fuller-bodied" sound, if that makes any sense. Here are some that I've been looking at:
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820

prob Z1R..

Apr 24, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #888 of 11,873
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820

I gave my Arya to my brother as i bought the HEKSE, but i'm well familiar with it so I thought I would leave my 1 cent -

For times when I feel like a warmer tilt, i swap out to the ZMF Verite Ltd or LCD2C.

Apr 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #889 of 11,873
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820
I have the Susvara's, Z1R's, Utopia's, and Auteur's. I find both the Z1R's and Auteur's to be full bodied and warmer than my Susvara's. The Z1R's have a nice open sound to them for a closed headphone. The Auteur's are just a musical headphone. The Utopia's are just different animals. I don't think they lack in anything except sound space. The Danacable Lazuli Reference cable helps quite a bit with this while serving up a dynamic musical experience.

I owned the Audeze LCD-X's at one point but got rid of them. The bass and mids on the LCD-X are fantastic but the upper mid to lower treble transition sounded sucked. You could easily hear what's missing in the frequency range when going from Hifiman headphones to Audeze headphones. I have the HD-820's on the way and I would like to hear the Empyrean's someday.

Apr 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #891 of 11,873
I have the Susvara's, Z1R's, Utopia's, and Auteur's. I find both the Z1R's and Auteur's to be full bodied and warmer than my Susvara's. The Z1R's have a nice open sound to them for a closed headphone. The Auteur's are just a musical headphone. The Utopia's are just different animals. I don't think they lack in anything except sound space. The Danacable Lazuli Reference cable helps quite a bit with this while serving up a dynamic musical experience.
Speaking of which, which of your cans gets the most use time? For both general purpose and also classical?

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:41 PM Post #892 of 11,873
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820
Audeze would be great alternatives in that they have the impact and bass that the Hifiman do not have. I have the X and they make a great contrast to that of the Arya. For me, the X is the best Audeze in the lineup until you get to either a 4 or 4Z. The Focal will be tough to listen to as far as soundstage after listening to the Arya. Try the Meze you may actually prefer their sound to the Arya. The HD820 is too close to the Hifiman sound.

Apr 24, 2019 at 7:54 PM Post #893 of 11,873
Speaking of which, which of your cans gets the most use time? For both general purpose and also classical?
The Susvara's with my DHC Prion 4 cable is an experience. They sound good with every genre of music. With classical they pull you into the music. The only other headphone the excels at classical the way the Susvara's do is the HD800/HD800S. Lately I've been giving the Auteurs a go. They are another good all around headphone.

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #894 of 11,873
I gave my Arya to my brother as i bought the HEKSE, but i'm well familiar with it so I thought I would leave my 1 cent -

For times when I feel like a warmer tilt, i swap out to the ZMF Verite Ltd or LCD2C.
I am looking at the Arya to complement my SE ,
can you give some thoughts how the Arya compared to the HE1000SE if you dont mind ,
and why you chose the Arya over the SE.
Thanks.

Apr 25, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #895 of 11,873
can you give some thoughts how the Arya compared to the HE1000SE if you dont mind ,
Thanks.

Err... I gave away my Arya to my brother when I bought the SE. SE is better in every aspect, complement would be Verite , LCD--4 etc

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #897 of 11,873
Yes :)

Will do a more detailed article in the future, need more time :)

Yes :)

Will do a more detailed article in the future, need more time :)

I'm also looking forward to Ananda BT! :)

Yep, I will be doing that as well in the near future, currently waiting on ZMG Auteur to get to me.

---

BTW, everyone, I did a little mistake, I mainly heard Arya and Jade II, I did hear Ananda as well, but for a short time :)

I mistyped because I was pretty tired :)

On a more happy note, I have Arya here with me and will be working on more impressions, please kindly wait~

So far, I can only say this, I had Arya in today's podcast with @dusty.ro who bought the Empyrean, and he actually liked Arya even more than Empy!

And he owns the Empy, with his own money, and he doesn't own Arya, it was just my unit, which we used for comparisons, we're both music enthusiasts. Think about that :)
By the way thanks for your input George !

Apr 25, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #898 of 11,873
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820

What part of the frequency range do you feel is lacking with the Aryas, is it some other problem?

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #899 of 11,873
  • Sony Z1R
  • Focal Utopia
  • Meze Empyrean
  • Audeze LCD-X / 4z
  • ZMF Auteur
  • HD-820

I my vote would go to ZMF As I think is tonalny really far away from Arya

Thanks.

Arya would not complement SE in any way except lower weight. it is too similar just a younger sister I would say - SE is better in every aspect

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #900 of 11,873
I my vote would go to ZMF As I think is tonalny really far away from Arya

Arya would not complement SE in any way except lower weight. it is too similar just a younger sister I would say - SE is better in every aspect

I wouldn't choose one that is really far away from the other.
The thing is that you will feel one sounds weird fairly soon, and find out going back and forth between two completely different worlds is difficult.
At least, that happened to me.

I would choose something reasonably different, not too far away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back