HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #6,451 of 11,945
Hmm I just tested the Crinacle EQ. Not bad but I still prefer Oratorys. https://www.dropbox.com/s/nu2bf4le1k87n5v/Hifiman Arya.pdf?dl=0

Btw: Damn, I still love Arya V3. Maybe my last Headphone until it dies :D Im still convinved the difference between V2 and V3 is huge, even if they measure quite similar. Its about how they present the sound, and V3 is much better for my personal likings.
If you like it, I love it, haha. Really though, I'm enjoying mine too.

Jan 10, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #6,452 of 11,945
I think the Arya are special phones.

Here's crinacle's headphone rankings. I use his EQ settings on Peace for my phones.

Eikon's aren't a favorite, nor are my Senn HD850S, or DC Aeon 2 opens.
Easern NC, eh? Down East? Saying hi from the "Triangle." I think the Aryas are special too. They're my EDC and my all day listening cans. Happy listening.

Jan 10, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #6,454 of 11,945
On iFi website it is listed as discontinued. But I think some online hifi places still have it on stock.

It is discontinued indeed, but as you've said some local iFi resellers still might have them.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 11, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #6,455 of 11,945
I just did a review of Arya Stealth on my YT channel:

Enjoy!

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #6,456 of 11,945
I'm absolutely loving my Arya. As my brain has gotten used to this signature, the different features the Arya brings are pretty amazing. I've gotten used to this treble brightness and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't touch it much if at all. However, I've noticed some slight pain developing in my neck after some medium sessions over my Sundara. Maybe I'll get used to it? If not, I've been painfully weighing other options like perhaps the Edition XS (weighs 25g less). Has anyone compared these two or the old X vs Arya? I'm really hoping I adjust to this extra weight instead...

To be clear, my goal is an all day headphone that I am enthusiastic to pick up and use every day (working from home) - so comfort is a high priority.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #6,457 of 11,945
I'm absolutely loving my Arya. As my brain has gotten used to this signature, the different features the Arya brings are pretty amazing. I've gotten used to this treble brightness and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't touch it much if at all. However, I've noticed some slight pain developing in my neck after some medium sessions over my Sundara. Maybe I'll get used to it? If not, I've been painfully weighing other options like perhaps the Edition XS (weighs 25g less). Has anyone compared these two or the old X vs Arya? I'm really hoping I adjust to this extra weight instead...

To be clear, my goal is an all day headphone that I am enthusiastic to pick up and use every day (working from home) - so comfort is a high priority.
Which version of the Arya do you have? If it's the V3, there was a slight weight increase over previous versions. You might want to look for one of those instead.

As for the Edition XS, I haven't heard it, but I will say that the old Edition X comes nowhere close to the speed and resolution of the Arya. I owned one back when I was using an Ananda as my daily driver, and while I found the tonality more agreeable, it just couldn't keep up technically. Since the Arya is yet another jump above the Ananda, I would assume that any Edition X version would likely be a pretty big step down overall.

I also really don't like the headband they're using for the Edition XS. It gave me hotspot pretty quickly on other headphones. The suspension style headband of the Arya and old Edition X have been the most comfortable for my noggin out of all the Hifiman headbands I've tried. Good luck!

Jan 12, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #6,458 of 11,945
Which version of the Arya do you have? If it's the V3, there was a slight weight increase over previous versions. You might want to look for one of those instead.

As for the Edition XS, I haven't heard it, but I will say that the old Edition X comes nowhere close to the speed and resolution of the Arya. I owned one back when I was using an Ananda as my daily driver, and while I found the tonality more agreeable, it just couldn't keep up technically. Since the Arya is yet another jump above the Ananda, I would assume that any Edition X version would likely be a pretty big step down overall.

I also really don't like the headband they're using for the Edition XS. It gave me hotspot pretty quickly on other headphones. The suspension style headband of the Arya and old Edition X have been the most comfortable for my noggin out of all the Hifiman headbands I've tried. Good luck!
Very helpful thanks. The Arya is an outstanding headphone and the headband is just perfection for me. I'm still going to try the Edition XS just out of curiosity, but I don't expect it will have nearly as much resolution, speed, or soundstage. Likely I'll get used to the extra weight and move on with my life!

Jan 12, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #6,459 of 11,945
Very helpful thanks. The Arya is an outstanding headphone and the headband is just perfection for me. I'm still going to try the Edition XS just out of curiosity, but I don't expect it will have nearly as much resolution, speed, or soundstage. Likely I'll get used to the extra weight and move on with my life!
Keep us posted.

Jan 12, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #6,461 of 11,945
So I sold my entire collection so I have nothing else to test where fault is but I'm assuming it's the cable.

I have the Arya on stock cable going into a Schitt Heresey. I'm getting some intermittent crackles in the right driver of the speakers that gets worse if I move the cable (hence I think it's the cable). EDIT: I swapped left & right on cable the problem moved to the left driver so yup it's the cable. What cable should I swap it out to? I'm not like some on here that go nuts with the gear (no offense meant by it) but my point by that statement I'm looking for something solid cable-wise that'll hold up better than the OEM cable but don't need to spend a ton on the cable upgrade. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #6,462 of 11,945
So I sold my entire collection so I have nothing else to test where fault is but I'm assuming it's the cable.

I have the Arya on stock cable going into a Schitt Heresey. I'm getting some intermittent crackles in the right driver of the speakers that gets worse if I move the cable (hence I think it's the cable). EDIT: I swapped left & right on cable the problem moved to the left driver so yup it's the cable. What cable should I swap it out to? I'm not like some on here that go nuts with the gear (no offense meant by it) but my point by that statement I'm looking for something solid cable-wise that'll hold up better than the OEM cable but don't need to spend a ton on the cable upgrade. Thanks!
Glad you found the problem! I’m a big fan of Audiophile Ninja cables. The black aesthetic works well with the Arya, and they’re very ergonomic and robust feeling. Not too expensive either. I’d be happy to sell you mine, but it’s 4-pin XLR and sounds like you’d need a 1/4” for the Heresy.

Jan 12, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #6,463 of 11,945
Glad you found the problem! I’m a big fan of Audiophile Ninja cables. The black aesthetic works well with the Arya, and they’re very ergonomic and robust feeling. Not too expensive either. I’d be happy to sell you mine, but it’s 4-pin XLR and sounds like you’d need a 1/4” for the Heresy.

I swore I wouldn't upgrade stuff as I'm simple. Toping DAC that Heresy going into the Arya but I mostly use Tidal so I'm open to a new DAC that can do MQA and an XLR amp that has the 1/4 out too .

I remember the Drop 789 being great sound but told awful build quality/QC.

Jan 12, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #6,464 of 11,945
I swore I wouldn't upgrade stuff as I'm simple. Toping DAC that Heresy going into the Arya but I mostly use Tidal so I'm open to a new DAC that can do MQA and an XLR amp that has the 1/4 out too .

I remember the Drop 789 being great sound but told awful build quality/QC.
Yeah sounds like something I’ve told myself before as well….:thinking:

You might want to look at finding a used Jotunheim 2 for a good balanced amp that plays well with the Arya. That’s probably the lowest-costing balanced desktop amp I would recommend for the Arya, personally. I wouldn’t go anywhere near the lower level THX stuff with an already bright headphone.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #6,465 of 11,945

I bought the SPC 8-core cable that is supposed to go with the GoldPlanar GL-2000 and also the Periapt OG copper cable. Both balanced XLR. The GL-2000 cable is about ~$100 on Amazon and the Periapt was about ~$90 dollars. The SPC cable is a little leaner (but still great bass) and open in the treble, the OG copper slightly more mellow/rounder. Both are great and get listening time depending on mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back