HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #5,956 of 11,884
Suggestions on a balanced cable for Arya? I am going to be purchasing the Arya tomorrow or Thursday and I would like a better cable that is balanced.

Nov 23, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #5,958 of 11,884
If youre talking about the build quality already... Where can I get replacement parts and what do they cost? (I live in germany)

Another interesting question would be, what does Arya cost in production or what do Highend Headphones cost in production in general? :wink:

I can find Ear Pads on the Hifiman Page but not the right Headband. Can anyone give me a link please? Here are the Ear Pads:
https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/serenitypads.html
I'd always reach out to Hifiman via email. They've been really good at responding quickly with any problems, questions, or concerns that I've had.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #5,959 of 11,884
Suggestions on a balanced cable for Arya? I am going to be purchasing the Arya tomorrow or Thursday and I would like a better cable that is balanced.
Periapt Cables is very good and not too expensive for an all OFC copper XLR cable. I also bought the cable for the Gold Planar GL-2000 headphones - it's an 8-core SPC balanced XLR cable that's $100 even and fits the Arya's 3.5mm plugs. The SPC cable took a little while to mellow out but now it's really warm but still snappy and has good bass definition because of the 8 cores. The OFC cable from Periapt is great too. It sounds very even-handed - not too warm, not too bright.

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #5,960 of 11,884
Periapt Cables is very good and not too expensive for an all OFC copper XLR cable. I also bought the cable for the Gold Planar GL-2000 headphones - it's an 8-core SPC balanced XLR cable that's $100 even and fits the Arya's 3.5mm plugs. The SPC cable took a little while to mellow out but now it's really warm but still snappy and has good bass definition because of the 8 cores. The OFC cable from Periapt is great too. It sounds very even-handed - not too warm, not too bright.
The cables have burn in?!? We’re just actually making stuff up now

Nov 23, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #5,961 of 11,884
The cables have burn in?!? We’re just actually making stuff up now
Haha yeah that would be my first reaction too! But this is actually something I've seen a lot of people and cable manufacturers say. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to it.

Also, I second the Audiophile Ninja route. Cheap, silent, very ergonomic, and a tough smoother sounding than the Arya's stock cable.

Nov 23, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #5,962 of 11,884
they have what you want you just have to be willing to pay more, I believe the Arya tech wise is actually a lower priced he1000 without the build quality.
I wish this was true...but the HE1000's are just a step above the Arya in almost every way. Still miss my HE1000V2. Can you imagine owning an Arya and missing the soundstage and imaging of another headphone?? That's what the HE1000's will do to you.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #5,963 of 11,884
I wish this was true...but the HE1000's are just a step above the Arya in almost every way. Still miss my HE1000V2. Can you imagine owning an Arya and missing the soundstage and imaging of another headphone?? That's what the HE1000's will do to you.

Actually, after about 50 hours on Arya SE the stage has opened up to about 75% of Arya V2 and I'd say it sounds as good if not better than my HE1000V2.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #5,965 of 11,884
Haha yeah that would be my first reaction too! But this is actually something I've seen a lot of people and cable manufacturers say. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some truth to it.

Also, I second the Audiophile Ninja route. Cheap, silent, very ergonomic, and a tough smoother sounding than the Arya's stock cable.
ha! I also have the ninja cable.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #5,966 of 11,884
I wanted to mention something about the Arya Stealths that I've been noticing lately. I said before that I love them for some electronic music, but it's really more of a mixed bag than I initially thought. There's a number of EDM tracks, and the still-fairly-new synthwave genre (thanks, Stranger Things) that sound odd and hollow on the Stealths. Some of the midrange sounds outright sucked out, as the treble region gets the bulk of the attention. The emphasis gets placed on the wrong things, and it just sounds odd. Very different from a typical headphone.

The HEDDphones sound more "traditional", but still a little too analytical, but the Edition XX sounds absolutely beautiful with those types of music. Such a lush, more forward midrange, and quite a bit more warmth in the bass region with similar punch to the Aryas. I originally thought I'd be selling the Edition XX expecting them to be obsoleted, but now I think they're the perfect complement to the Aryas. They fill in all the genres the Aryas sound lacking in.

The HEDDphones will be going back to Headphones.com, though.

Nov 23, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #5,967 of 11,884
Actually, after about 50 hours on Arya SE the stage has opened up to about 75% of Arya V2 and I'd say it sounds as good if not better than my HE1000V2.
Well, if you ever feel like letting it go, let us know!

Nov 23, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #5,969 of 11,884
Nov 23, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #5,970 of 11,884
I wanted to mention something about the Arya Stealths that I've been noticing lately. I said before that I love them for some electronic music, but it's really more of a mixed bag than I initially thought. There's a number of EDM tracks, and the still-fairly-new synthwave genre (thanks, Stranger Things) that sound odd and hollow on the Stealths. Some of the midrange sounds outright sucked out, as the treble region gets the bulk of the attention. The emphasis gets placed on the wrong things, and it just sounds odd. Very different from a typical headphone.

The HEDDphones sound more "traditional", but still a little too analytical, but the Edition XX sounds absolutely beautiful with those types of music. Such a lush, more forward midrange, and quite a bit more warmth in the bass region with similar punch to the Aryas. I originally thought I'd be selling the Edition XX expecting them to be obsoleted, but now I think they're the perfect complement to the Aryas. They fill in all the genres the Aryas sound lacking in.

The HEDDphones will be going back to Headphones.com, though.
Example tracks? I haven't come across this yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back