HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #421 of 11,883
Not to derail this but one doesn't need to rock out to hear the creek. A change in position will do it...... But they are very comfortable to me. I understand the Arya is when more comfortable.

Feb 8, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #422 of 11,883
Definitely want to hear the comparison between Clear and Arya. I have Elex now, but looking for some Clear to compare. I am thinking about getting an HEX V2 but I am wondering is that just sideways move from a Clear and in order to improve on the sound would I have to go all the way to an Arya?

Feb 9, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #423 of 11,883
Focal has responded to this, many times. It is not a defect. Simply result of material used. Others have posted how to fix, small amount of glove oil. If you can get it to creak while it is on your head you must really be rocking out! Or have a head like a giant bobblehead.:L3000:

The driver click due to excursion on bass heavy music was also a design feature that a lot of people hated. I think Focal made poor choices in designing the Utopia/Clear/Elear/Elegia a lot of us won't forgive.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #424 of 11,883
Greetings to All! :)
How are Arya going as compared to HE-560 V3 if somebosy had a chance to compare them?
Differences in sound stage, bass, mids, treble, clarity are noticeable?
In other words, will they take me to the next level after 560s? using the latter with Schiit Lyr 2. Thank you!

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:44 AM Post #425 of 11,883
How does the Arya compare to the Elex? See you you have the RME running as a DAC. As a amp would it be able to power the Arya?

So, I finally had some time with the Arya and the ADI-2 (still waiting for my Dyson interconnects to hook up the AAA 789).

First impression are very good! The background is extremely black. In short, the ADI-2 is fast, detailed, dynamic, and dry. There appears to be no coloration and truly sounds reference to my ears. It actually makes my DX200 sound colored.

I’m sure some will find the sound to be a bit boring but I think it pairs nicely with the Arya as it provides an accurate picture of what you’re listening to. Again, these are initial impressions. I’m using Tidal hifi and master tracks btw.

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #426 of 11,883
So, I finally had some time with the Arya and the ADI-2 (still waiting for my Dyson interconnects to hook up the AAA 789).

First impression are very good! The background is extremely black. In short, the ADI-2 is fast, detailed, dynamic, and dry. There appears to be no coloration and truly sounds reference to my ears. It actually makes my DX200 sound colored.

I’m sure some will find the sound to be a bit boring but I think it pairs nicely with the Arya as it provides an accurate picture of what you’re listening to. Again, these are initial impressions. I’m using Tidal hifi and master tracks btw.
Cool. The RME is pretty neutral sounding anyway. That's good. I have a THX AAA on the way. Who knows, I may not need it!

Not sure if you answered before but how does the Ayra compare to the Elex?

Feb 10, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #427 of 11,883
Cool. The RME is pretty neutral sounding anyway. That's good. I have a THX AAA on the way. Who knows, I may not need it!

Not sure if you answered before but how does the Ayra compare to the Elex?

Arya vs Elex: Tonaly, they are very similar. However, the Arya is superior in essentially every way, except build. The Arya is more comfortable, more dynamic (to my ears), better layered and separated, more resolving, wider, taller, deeper, and more impactful. The bass in the Elex is tighter but a tad leaner as well.

The Elex is a very nice headphone and still enjoy it next to the Arya. That said, it’s not that close of a match, as the price points would suggest.

I listened to both today and the above quote still holds true.

Feb 11, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #428 of 11,883
Just pulled the trigger on Arya. Should have them in few days. I got a brand new one for 1100USD so such a great deal and this is about as low as it can get. It was from a seller in China and i have the luck having a friend coming back from there.

Feb 11, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #429 of 11,883
Just pulled the trigger on Arya. Should have them in few days. I got a brand new one for 1100USD so such a great deal and this is about as low as it can get. It was from a seller in China and i have the luck having a friend coming back from there.
Congrats on getting such an awesome deal. I suspect the Arya will ruin you for other headphones, considering that it punches above it's weight class at MSRP. At the price you paid, it will be hard to justify ever paying retail for anything else haha.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #430 of 11,883
Found a brown box when I came home today, (I love those moments).

The Clear/Arya showdown begins.
IMG_20190212_004514026.jpg

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #432 of 11,883
Feb 12, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #434 of 11,883
Congrats on getting such an awesome deal. I suspect the Arya will ruin you for other headphones, considering that it punches above it's weight class at MSRP. At the price you paid, it will be hard to justify ever paying retail for anything else haha.
Yeah sure it does. I wasnt planning to get any headphones as i already have he400i and he560 until i see the deal. I got all my Hifiman headphones well below MSRP so never buy them at MSRP as good deal wouldn't be hard to find.

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #435 of 11,883
Got my ticket and place to attend to the Clear vs Arya event.
Waiting for the impressions !

(My personal experience = Clear has way less soundstage but more punch. Arya’s imaging is very special)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back