HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #406 of 11,881
Nope scratch that. It was Todd who told me that and now I see he is/was doing a loaner program on the Ananda. So I would guess that would be the demo unit. I saw you were on the list. Did you ever actually participate? So hopefully I am safe.....for now in case I do actually get one of these.

No. It was taking too long so I just bought a pair.

Feb 7, 2019 at 12:50 AM Post #407 of 11,881
No. The Arya is closer to HEK V1.
Compared to V2, V1 is supposed to be less dynamic due to thicker chassis and different earpads. To my ears, Arya sounds very similar to V2, if not more dynamic

Feb 7, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #408 of 11,881
i will see if I can hear these at Can Jam next weekend, although nothing beats at in home comparison to fully get the feel for a headphones sound. The only thing is not being able to hear an HEX V2 against the other top Hifiman.

Feb 7, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #409 of 11,881
I'm new to this thread as I’ve just pulled the trigger on the Arya last night. I should get it early next week.
I caught up on the whole thread and am anxious to compare it to my Focal Clear.
I'll drive the Arya with a Burson Conductor V2+. I understand the Arya needs power so I should be ok.
I'll use the DAC in the Burson for now but I plan on getting a Metrum Onyx soon.

This madness never ends.

Feb 7, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #410 of 11,881
I'm new to this thread as I’ve just pulled the trigger on the Arya last night. I should get it early next week.
I caught up on the whole thread and am anxious to compare it to my Focal Clear.
I'll drive the Arya with a Burson Conductor V2+. I understand the Arya needs power so I should be ok.
I'll use the DAC in the Burson for now but I plan on getting a Metrum Onyx soon.

This madness never ends.
I’m particularly curious about the comparison between the Arya and the Clear. I have the Elex (I love) and I owned the Elear (I liked). The Arya easily bests them both in essentially everything but build quality.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:16 PM Post #411 of 11,881
I’m particularly curious about the comparison between the Arya and the Clear. I have the Elex (I love) and I owned the Elear (I liked). The Arya easily bests them both in essentially everything but build quality.

Ah. The Clears certainly have a nice build quality, IMO. I knew going into this that build quality on some Hifiman products leaves something to be desired.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #413 of 11,881
I don’t mean to be off topic but I really wish that Burson Audio would start implementing balanced outputs. I loved the Soloist SL.

Feb 7, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #414 of 11,881
Focal headphones are gorgeous but terrible built IMHO. The creaking issue is a shame ! And they’re not that comfortable.

Yes they are gorgeous but I don't think they're built terribly. The creaking issue is slightly present in my pair.......slightly.
For a $1,500 headphone this is unacceptable.

Feb 8, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #416 of 11,881
I have the Utopia and there is slight creak if I really move the cups around. But in two years have never heard anything while wearing. Really don't see it as an issue. Was told the creak was from the carbon fiber moving against the metal. Not a defect, just a matter of material choice. I feel they are beautifully made. My Elear's don't creak, same design but different materials.

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #417 of 11,881
I have the Utopia and there is slight creak if I really move the cups around. But in two years have never heard anything while wearing. Really don't see it as an issue. Was told the creak was from the carbon fiber moving against the metal. Not a defect, just a matter of material choice. I feel they are beautifully made. My Elear's don't creak, same design but different materials.
It doesn’t matter if your particular Focal doesn’t creak much. There is an issue because a very large number of Focal headphones creak to an alarming degree. I had a Clear that could sometimes creak when wearing it while I moved my head. My case is not that rare if you read about it.

Feb 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #419 of 11,881
Focal has responded to this, many times. It is not a defect. Simply result of material used. Others have posted how to fix, small amount of glove oil. If you can get it to creak while it is on your head you must really be rocking out! Or have a head like a giant bobblehead.:L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back