HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 25, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #3,826 of 11,881
To people who have tried the A90 and Singxer SA-1, what differences are there in the sound?
A90 is linear, accurate and while impressive, also kinda lifeless if you ask me...SA-1 is also really clean, but more fun, tad bit warmer, mids are a bit fuller, nothing drastic though, my SA-1 gets a bit warmer with each listen, loving it more and more everyday.

May 25, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #3,827 of 11,881
A90 is linear, accurate and while impressive, also kinda lifeless if you ask me...SA-1 is also really clean, but more fun, tad bit warmer, mids are a bit fuller, nothing drastic though, my SA-1 gets a bit warmer with each listen, loving it more and more everyday.
Oh that sounds promising, my A90 came in the other day and while it sounds pretty good I personally prefer warmer sound so looking forward to hearing the SA-1 which should be arriving in the next few days. Also finally got a balanced setup today (upgraded my DAC to a SMSL SU-9 and got a balanced cable) and it has made a massive difference

May 26, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #3,828 of 11,881
This is my last post on this topic;
I want to clean up the mess I left behind, and as for upgrading the cables to the Arya, I’m sorry I didn’t point that out earlier.
Upgrading better cables to Arya only applies to those Arya owners who have systems of 2500e(DAC+amp) and higher, maybe they could make a difference on a cheaper system as well, but I can only guess.
It does not apply to those Arya owners who have invested most of their budget in headphones.
So those who have read my posts about cables, and are in a budget group, don’t need to think about cables for Arya, because they already have the best experience through Arya with stock cable .

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #3,829 of 11,881
Did you notice any soundstage improvements when switching from serenity to ultrapads?
I did not. The soundstage and depth sounded the same to me between these two pads. After cutting out the dust felt from the ultrapads, the only difference between the two pads in my hands was the softer cushioning used in the ultrapads relative to the serenity pads. Neither of them are as soft as an Audeze vegan pad though.

May 26, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #3,832 of 11,881
this sounds really enjoyable

Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 23.13.45.png

May 26, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #3,834 of 11,881
Amps recs to complement the squeaky clean A90?

Also anyone tried the arya with a bottlehead crack?
I doubt that a relatively high voltage output OTL like the bottlehead crack is going to pair all that well with the Arya, which craves current more so than voltage. Unfortunately, OTL's have low current output, especially for low impedance loads presented by planars like the Arya. If you want some of that tube warmth at more modest prices, then you should look into hybrid tube amps like the Liquid Platinum. It pairs pretty well with the Arya. If you absolutely need to have that tube-y sound, then you should look into transformer coupled tube amps, but they tend to be generally pricey.

May 27, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #3,835 of 11,881
I doubt that a relatively high voltage output OTL like the bottlehead crack is going to pair all that well with the Arya, which craves current more so than voltage. Unfortunately, OTL's have low current output, especially for low impedance loads presented by planars like the Arya. If you want some of that tube warmth at more modest prices, then you should look into hybrid tube amps like the Liquid Platinum. It pairs pretty well with the Arya. If you absolutely need to have that tube-y sound, then you should look into transformer coupled tube amps, but they tend to be generally pricey.
Or a Class A solid state amp

May 27, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #3,836 of 11,881

Hi can you please compare SQ of Qudelix balanced to your desktop amps? What is main drawback in our opinion? I've only 5k and want to know what is the difference to proper desktop amp.

Thank you very much!

May 27, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #3,837 of 11,881

Think in the direction of Violectric, Bryston BHA1, on the market used. These are amplifiers that will give good energy without glare and have authority in low frequencies, Bryston BHA1 is fantastic. They are about 1K, used. Bryston has a 20 year warranty, and I think can be passed on to the next customer
And you have others good options

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #3,838 of 11,881
This is my last post on this topic;
I want to clean up the mess I left behind, and as for upgrading the cables to the Arya, I’m sorry I didn’t point that out earlier.
Upgrading better cables to Arya only applies to those Arya owners who have systems of 2500e(DAC+amp) and higher, maybe they could make a difference on a cheaper system as well, but I can only guess.
It does not apply to those Arya owners who have invested most of their budget in headphones.
So those who have read my posts about cables, and are in a budget group, don’t need to think about cables for Arya, because they already have the best experience through Arya with stock cable .
Upgrading the cable will improve clarity as it has with my custom silver cable. Arctic Cables Neotech SONY MDR-Z1R MDR-Z7 8 Core Litz 19AWG UPOCC High-End Cable. The sound is night and day difference from stock cable.

Last edited:
May 27, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #3,840 of 11,881
Choose your system carefully with the Arya.

I have been listening for a while using the SPL Phonitor xe (and internal DAC), very accurate studio equipment. With excellent recordings the system is amazing, outstanding transparency and details. Otherwise, high frequencies get really fatigueing.

Now the Arya and Chord's Hugo 2 give me a sublime combination.

A good DAC and class A amp would be my recommendation.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back