HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Apr 3, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #3,391 of 11,876
Hello 👋

I am buying the Arya's pretty soon.....i am a little concerned about the amp module i should get with these my budget is a little tight.... I'll invest in a better amp later down the line so i would like some recommendations regarding what i could get right now around 200$ and then something for the future....... I'm considering these four right now ......
Schiit Asgard 3
Ifi zen Can
Aune audio X7s
Topping L30
If anyone here has had experience with any of these please do tell.
Thankyou 🙏

Apr 3, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #3,392 of 11,876
Hello 👋

I am buying the Arya's pretty soon.....i am a little concerned about the amp module i should get with these my budget is a little tight.... I'll invest in a better amp later down the line so i would like some recommendations regarding what i could get right now around 200$ and then something for the future....... I'm considering these four right now ......
Schiit Asgard 3
Ifi zen Can
Aune audio X7s
Topping L30
Thankyou 🙏
I had the Topping L30 and if you are on a budget it works just fine! My biggest issue was when I was EQ'ing and had to pre-amp, the amp required a bit more power then it had... But otherwise it was very very good. Maybe a touch sibilant, but those are the headphones themselves and the reason I decided to upgrade to tubes :]

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #3,393 of 11,876
I had the Topping L30 and if you are on a budget it works just fine! My biggest issue was when I was EQ'ing and had to pre-amp, the amp required a bit more power then it had... But otherwise it was very very good. Maybe a touch sibilant, but those are the headphones themselves and the reason I decided to upgrade to tubes :]
Helloo
Thankyou for the response.
Btw there's something I'm really confused about.....I heard some YouTube reviews say that the yokes on the 2020 rev of Arya are metal is that true??? How is the overall build quality?

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,394 of 11,876
Helloo
Btw there's something I'm really confused about.....I heard some YouTube reviews say that the yokes on the 2020 rev of Arya are metal is that true??? How is the overall build quality?
The yokes are still plastic, but there is (supposedly) a metal core inside the plastic to improve durability. Who knows. Durability doesn't seem all that great, but I think that's the compromise to get a $3k driver in a $1600 package.

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #3,396 of 11,876
The yokes are still plastic, but there is (supposedly) a metal core inside the plastic to improve durability. Who knows. Durability doesn't seem all that great, but I think that's the compromise to get a $3k driver in a $1600 package.
Arya definitely uses hekv2 drivers, some even say that they are b grades...either way at roughly half the price, bring on the Arya’s lol

Apr 3, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #3,397 of 11,876
Been using the aryas for about 2 weeks now, coming from an upgrade from the anandas. Really love it so far, pairing it with just the hugo 2. Has anyone here has really great experience with a better synergy with aryas + hugo 2 + any amp ? would like to hear some possibilities as I understand the aryas can scale :p

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #3,399 of 11,876
Hello 👋

Schiit Asgard 3
Ifi zen Can
Aune audio X7s
Topping L30
Thankyou 🙏
I would consider using it balanced with whatever amp you pick.

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #3,400 of 11,876
Been using the aryas for about 2 weeks now, coming from an upgrade from the anandas. Really love it so far, pairing it with just the hugo 2. Has anyone here has really great experience with a better synergy with aryas + hugo 2 + any amp ? would like to hear some possibilities as I understand the aryas can scalpowe
I want to add a power amp or run it off mono blocks

Apr 3, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #3,401 of 11,876
Helloo
Mine sure feels and looks like metal but I guess it could be some hard type of plastic composite. I don't have a magnet laying around to test it out. The build quality is good, no flaws, good fit and finish. I wish the pads were real leather at this price point though.

Apr 3, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #3,402 of 11,876
Is the only difference between the HEKV2 and the HEKSE the type of magnets?
Not sure whether it’s the only difference, but the inner magnets are main difference I believe

Apr 3, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #3,404 of 11,876
So it's double instead of single sided?
Yes, and the magnets on the inside of HE100se are the "stealth" round magnets featured in Susvara that interact differently with sound waves apparently resulting in greater detail & realism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back