HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Mar 30, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #3,331 of 11,876
Whose gone from Sundara to Arya?

I have a couple of questions :)

At almost 4x the price here in Australia was it worth it for you?
Listen to everything except orchestral/classical.
Corda Classic and Corda Dac as sources with a MOJO on the move has anyone paired with these?
Difficult to answer if it will be worth it for you. Arya is notably better for music you don't listen to 😁

Mar 30, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #3,332 of 11,876
Arya is always worth it because you get 2-in-1, default tuning is perfection for classical music, jazz, acoustic etc... And with the right EQ where the bass is a little bit pushed you get an amazing experience with electronic, rap, hip-hop, low frequency based music and let me tell you, Arya is a beast with bass.
Yes, but beast with bass?

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #3,334 of 11,876
To my ears it is, let me share the EQ profile when I get home and give it a try please

Can't compete with Clear EQed but pretty decent

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #3,335 of 11,876
Arya has good bass. Not outstanding, but pretty decent with a powerful enough amplifier. Has the planar extension and reacts quite well for a few dB bass shelf if needed. There is no problem with quantity or extension and it is also pretty clear and layered. What Arya's bass performance lacks to some other alternatives is dynamic punch. It is a nice and clean, airy and soft bass but doesn't quite have the impact.

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #3,336 of 11,876
Arya has good bass. Not outstanding, but pretty decent with a powerful enough amplifier. Has the planar extension and reacts quite well for a few dB bass shelf if needed. There is no problem with quantity or extension and it is also pretty clear and layered. What Arya's bass performance lacks to some other alternatives is dynamic punch. It is a nice and clean, airy and soft bass but doesn't quite have the impact.
My experience exactly

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #3,337 of 11,876
Yes I agree with you about the lack of dynamic punch but it is quite decent when correctly treated, I over exagerated the "beast" bass and I apologize, it is true that my experience with high-end HPs is only Arya and Clear. I wonder if HE1000SE share the same bass characteristics like Arya

Nevertheless if you can try this EQ and share your opinion I'll be happy to read it!

1617115091235.png

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #3,338 of 11,876
Yes I agree with you about the lack of dynamic punch but it is quite decent when correctly treated, I over exagerated the "beast" bass and I apologize, it is true that my experience with high-end HPs is only Arya and Clear. I wonder if HE1000SE share the same bass characteristics like Arya

Nevertheless if you can try this EQ and share your opinion I'll be happy to read it!

1617115091235.png
I'm curious, why the -7db on 12Hz when using +9 on 16Hz?

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #3,341 of 11,876
It is a Hartman Curve profile, 1 of a few I have, it came this way for Arya V2, what's your impressions?
I didn't try It, I just wonder what's the reason behind it

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #3,343 of 11,876

1617115091235.png
You don't need to apologize.
Unfortunately I won't be able to try these EQ settings as I didn't keep my Arya.

To my experience all 'oval shaped' HiFiMans share the same general sound characteristics of a huge, airy, spacious but somewhat soft and less dynamic sound. I owned the HEXV2 and the Arya and auditioned the HEKV2, Susvara. The Susvara doesn't quite fit in this line as it is obviously a different league.
The 'round shaped' HiFiMans pack a bit more punch (had the HE6SE on loan and tried some others like the HE400i) but I didn't really like these headphones. IMO the 'oval shape' line is quite a bit of an improvement over the older types and they are really good sounding headphones. Just not quite my personal taste.

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #3,344 of 11,876
You don't need to apologize.
Unfortunately I won't be able to try these EQ settings as I didn't keep my Arya.

To my experience all 'oval shaped' HiFiMans share the same general sound characteristics of a huge, airy, spacious but somewhat soft and less dynamic sound. I owned the HEXV2 and the Arya and auditioned the HEKV2, Susvara. The Susvara doesn't quite fit in this line as it is obviously a different league.
The 'round shaped' HiFiMans pack a bit more punch (had the HE6SE on loan and tried some others like the HE400i) but I didn't really like these headphones. IMO the 'oval shape' line is quite a bit of an improvement over the older types and they are really good sounding headphones. Just not quite my personal taste.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I'm on the quest now to experience a better sound than the one I get from Arya/Clear and HEKSE, D8000 Pro, Utopia and LCD-4 are strong candidates.

Susvara is out of my league for now but maybe one day...

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #3,345 of 11,876
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I'm on the quest now to experience a better sound than the one I get from Arya/Clear and HEKSE, D8000 Pro, Utopia and LCD-4 are strong candidates.

Susvara is out of my league for now but maybe one day...
Keep in mind, 'better' in this league is highly subjective. And don't forget to enjoy the ride. Part of the fun is trying different sound signatures and finding your taste. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back