HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #2,446 of 11,884
I think the Arya will sound fine with my SP200 and D50s just like the Ananda does. I have been wanting to upgrade my Mimby to the Bifrost 2 but as for amps that is something I'm going to have to research further. For now I'm happy with what I have but as I start to sell some headphones I'm sure I'll get something new.

Sep 16, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #2,447 of 11,884
You've got the Arya and LCD-2, that ought to cover most genres. Both would like a beefier SS amp. Maybe you could sell off your current amp, DAC, and perhaps your 400's (or other not much used item(s)) and snag a Lyr3 w/ the multibit DAC in it?

You get 6 wpc@32 ohms, a fairly warm sound that still has a taut bass, and maybe the best cheap DAC I've heard. The DAC isn't as good as my Gumby, but its neutral/warm as opposed to cold/analytical as many DAC's can be.

Not sure if your replying me or to Bubba (We both have LCD2s/400s and budget amps/dacs lol), but I will assume to me since he hasn't really brought up any of that stuff

The more I listen to the Aryas the more I really don't want to exactly trade them away for something LCD3s and LCDx's because when they sound good, they sound really good. And I really love the imaging/soundstage, I would miss that.

I may consider selling my Amp/Dac and trying to find some extra budget to upgrade the combo after all. If I can make the Aryas sound a bit more towards my preference and can get proper pads for my LCD2's I think I'll be happy where I am. Also I recently broke my HE-400s trying to upgrade my headband so selling that is out of the question now.

RiP my original HE-400's 2012-2020.

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #2,448 of 11,884
I also owned HE 400 from 2012 to 2020, only that my pair found a new home.
Some very special cans, they started my journey

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:20 PM Post #2,449 of 11,884
Not sure if your replying me or to Bubba (We both have LCD2s/400s and budget amps/dacs lol), but I will assume to me since he hasn't really brought up any of that stuff

The more I listen to the Aryas the more I really don't want to exactly trade them away for something LCD3s and LCDx's because when they sound good, they sound really good. And I really love the imaging/soundstage, I would miss that.

I may consider selling my Amp/Dac and trying to find some extra budget to upgrade the combo after all. If I can make the Aryas sound a bit more towards my preference and can get proper pads for my LCD2's I think I'll be happy where I am. Also I recently broke my HE-400s trying to upgrade my headband so selling that is out of the question now.

Cost of new headbands kills that, do the two sides work, and are they pretty equal in output? If so betcha you can get some bucks for them.

I was replying to Bubba J.

Ciao.

Sep 16, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #2,450 of 11,884
Cost of new headbands kills that, do the two sides work, and are they pretty equal in output? If so betcha you can get some bucks for them.

I was replying to Bubba J.

Ciao.

No there is now a small screwdriver sized hole in one of the drivers, so only one side works. I got the headband for $50 from Hifiman and was hoping to restore my HE-400s to comfortable levels but the screws were rusted in or something like that and it was a whole thing trying to get the old headband off. Did not end well.

I also owned HE 400 from 2012 to 2020, only that my pair found a new home.
Some very special cans, they started my journey

Yeah they are, I was going to keep them around as my "backup" if any of my others died. And to remember what my favorite pair of initial "expensive" $400 Hifi cans sounded like. I was not expecting the screws to be so messed up.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #2,451 of 11,884
They shipped today so I'll have them Friday which is great because I'll have the weekend to listen to them and I plan on listening for hours and hours. I plan on these being my endgame and after I sell some of my headphones I'll look at getting a good amp and dac that will also be my endgame for those.

Sep 16, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #2,452 of 11,884
No there is now a small screwdriver sized hole in one of the drivers, so only one side works.

Ugh... here is another idea.

Two weeks ago I went into my pile of stuff you set aside over the years. You know, some pewter key fob, some over exposed pics, and a silver otter and some other bits and it looks like a couple of hundred on ebay. Maybe you have the same box kicking around ?

Sep 17, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #2,453 of 11,884
Hi guys: How long do people recommend burn in for Arya?

Sep 21, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #2,455 of 11,884
Yeah, I'm done.

That's really about all I have to say because I've found my endgame. I don't need anything better than this and along with my closed-back AP2000ti I don't need anything else other than say a better dac and maybe a better amp but I've been very happy with the SP200. I'll give some impressions in a few days but I love how they sound, the signature, detail, and staging are all great.

Sep 21, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #2,456 of 11,884
Does anyone have any impressions of how the newer Schiit Magnius and/or Modius amp and DAC pairs with or drives the Aryas. Any are welcome to respond.

Sep 22, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #2,457 of 11,884
Can a hugo2 power a Arya?

Sep 22, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2,458 of 11,884

Hi, would you be interested in trading the Arya for a AmpsandSound Leeloo Stereo tube headphone amp?

IMG_0619.jpeg

Sep 22, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #2,459 of 11,884
I've noticed that the Arya is my most power hungry headphone and while my SP200 has plenty of power with 3 watts at 32ohm I still think I'm going to get another amp.

I'm looking at a couple from Schiit like the Lyr or Asgard because I think I want a class A amp. I can't rule out the very powerful A90 either and I like that it's balanced as well. I'm in no rush so if anyone uses an amp that sounds good with the Arya let me know.

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #2,460 of 11,884
Out of curiosity, what are you missing with the SP200? What needs to change to get the sound you are looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back