HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Jun 2, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #1,786 of 11,881
Vengeance is a dish best served cold. 😄

Jun 3, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #1,787 of 11,881
Looking to buy an open headphone and wrestling between Arya, Aeuteur and Diana V2 - What I am looking is an open headphone to complement my Aeon 2 Close and Sony Z1R - I am into a warmer more relaxed sound signature but i am looking for something with excellent sounds stage for classical and acoustic listening. Just for the value I am leaning towards Arya and Auteur instead of Diana Thoughts? thanks

Jun 4, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,788 of 11,881
Looking to buy an open headphone and wrestling between Arya, Aeuteur and Diana V2 - What I am looking is an open headphone to complement my Aeon 2 Close and Sony Z1R - I am into a warmer more relaxed sound signature but i am looking for something with excellent sounds stage for classical and acoustic listening. Just for the value I am leaning towards Arya and Auteur instead of Diana Thoughts? thanks

Hey, I also own a MDR-Z1R and have been through several other headphones. I have not heard Aeuteur or Diana V2 but from the ones I have listened to.. I think Arya or HD800S would be the best suited at their respective price points. HD800S in my opinion sounds better for classical music due to it's immensely wide sound stage and supreme clarity. It's probably the most immersive headphone available for this specific genre (imho). Simply outstanding especially in the highs. I also listened to the Arya and think it's simillarly incredible but maybe just a little less for classical than the Sennheiser. That being said, Arya will be a better path if you listen to any other genres like rap/pop/hip hop/jazz really anything with "bass" because Arya bass is simply outstanding compared to the HD800S. I think personally my tastes lean toward the Arya because I actually do listen to so many different genres but if you're only looking for the perfect classical headphone.. I may have to recommend the HD800S instead. I believe Aeuteur's are kind of warm so those are probably going to be a better fit for Rock genres. My 2 cents..

Edit: Arya will give you a warmer sound than the HD800S which is quite bright and sometimes clinical sounding. That can also be remedied quite nicely though with a tube amp.. all depends on your setup.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #1,789 of 11,881
Hey, I also own a MDR-Z1R and have been through several other headphones. I have not heard Aeuteur or Diana V2 but from the ones I have listened to.. I think Arya or HD800S would be the best suited at their respective price points. HD800S in my opinion sounds better for classical music due to it's immensely wide sound stage and supreme clarity. It's probably the most immersive headphone available for this specific genre (imho). Simply outstanding especially in the highs. I also listened to the Arya and think it's simillarly incredible but maybe just a little less for classical than the Sennheiser. That being said, Arya will be a better path if you listen to any other genres like rap/pop/hip hop/jazz really anything with "bass" because Arya bass is simply outstanding compared to the HD800S. I think personally my tastes lean toward the Arya because I actually do listen to so many different genres but if you're only looking for the perfect classical headphone.. I may have to recommend the HD800S instead. I believe Aeuteur's are kind of warm so those are probably going to be a better fit for Rock genres. My 2 cents..

Edit: Arya will give you a warmer sound than the HD800S which is quite bright and sometimes clinical sounding. That can also be remedied quite nicely though with a tube amp.. all depends on your setup.
Thanks appreciate it

Jun 4, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #1,790 of 11,881

I can see it for electronica for Arya because I like both with electronica, but HD800S requires an amp that can bring out the bass, which is rare. Hifimans generally have interesting depth to the sound that causes imaging to be interesting with electronica.

Jun 4, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #1,791 of 11,881
I can see it for electronica for Arya because I like both with electronica, but HD800S requires an amp that can bring out the bass, which is rare. Hifimans generally have interesting depth to the sound that causes imaging to be interesting with electronica.

I've tried the HD800 S with various combinations of my iFi Pro iCAN amplifier in tube mode with XBass enabled, Dekoni Elite Hybrid Pads, EqualizerAPO with AutoEQ presets. While a combination of all the aforementioned items brings the HD800 S to more acceptable levels of bass, they never come anywhere near to the levels/slam of either the Z1R's or Arya's. It's just not the HD800 S' strength. Details, imaging and soundstage, it has in spades.

Jun 4, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #1,793 of 11,881
I would take the Arya any day over HD800S- even with classical I love my bass - I am sorry but my local classical orchestra has a lot of bass impact LOL
It’s true, I go to see the Chicago Symphony Orchestra in Orchestra Hall often and am always reminded of how much bass power a full orchestra has.

Jun 5, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,796 of 11,881
I've tried the HD800 S with various combinations of my iFi Pro iCAN amplifier in tube mode with XBass enabled, Dekoni Elite Hybrid Pads, EqualizerAPO with AutoEQ presets. While a combination of all the aforementioned items brings the HD800 S to more acceptable levels of bass, they never come anywhere near to the levels/slam of either the Z1R's or Arya's. It's just not the HD800 S' strength. Details, imaging and soundstage, it has in spades.

How do Arya and Z1R compare in terms of bass level, impact, slam?

Jun 7, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #1,797 of 11,881
What are the power requirements recommended to drive the Arya?

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #1,798 of 11,881
Hey there, just got my custom cable from Hart Audio, and it looks fantastic. However, in doing an A/B test with them and the stock cable, I'm noticing slightly less response in the bass as well as clarity in the separation of sounds with the Hart Audio cable.

Has anyone else noticed something similar, or do I have a faulty cable?

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,799 of 11,881
Hey there, just got my custom cable from Hart Audio, and it looks fantastic. However, in doing an A/B test with them and the stock cable, I'm noticing slightly less response in the bass as well as clarity in the separation of sounds with the Hart Audio cable.

Has anyone else noticed something similar, or do I have a faulty cable?
The Standard Arya Cable is pretty good soundwise, it could be that it simply sounds better than the hart audio cable.
It's way too short and stiff, but soundwise the best stock cable I have seen, or heard for that matter

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1,800 of 11,881
Many believe in cable break-in/burn-in and cables improving with a certain amount of use time. You may wish to reach out Hart Audio and see if they have a recommended break-in time before making a final determination.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back