HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 27, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #1,771 of 11,880
Anyone here with Arya driven by RME ADI-2 dac and Hugo2, I have Hugo 2 but wondering if it will drive Arya to full potential, I have option to sell Hugo2 and get RME ADI-2 or add SMSL SP200 to hugo 2 for Arya? I have option to either buy Arya with AMP or buy the secondhand Empyrean :)Thanks.
RME ADI-2 isn't a worthwhile DAC or is the built in amp really that good to be a decent value at the price. I really don't see why it's so pricey. I guess you can play around with the built in display with the feature to preset PEQ, but beyond that, it's not really worth it in terms of sound. I don't get the hype. Does it look like a professional equipment? Is that it? Is it like ZMF headphones with wood, and people like to look at it? Is it that kind of draw?

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #1,772 of 11,880
Is the Susvara worth its price? No. But which TOTL headphone is?
200 (1).gif

May 28, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #1,773 of 11,880
RME ADI-2 isn't a worthwhile DAC or is the built in amp really that good to be a decent value at the price. I really don't see why it's so pricey. I guess you can play around with the built in display with the feature to preset PEQ, but beyond that, it's not really worth it in terms of sound. I don't get the hype. Does it look like a professional equipment? Is that it? Is it like ZMF headphones with wood, and people like to look at it? Is it that kind of draw?
I have experienced the same. I used to own the RME ADI-2 DAC, I never found it to be amazing, like how various reviews portray it to be, like some kind of Holy Grail DAC Amp, which is the best under $2000. I don't think it is, well in its favour, I'll say its a very clean and relatively powerful device. Before the RME, I used to own the Chord Mojo, it was a splendid device, I wanted better and bought the RME, only to be disappointed. Then, I sold it at quite the loss, and got a Hugo 2. Now, I was back on track. For me, the Mojo is any day better sounding than the RME, and with the Hugo 2 there's absolutely no comparison.

May 28, 2020 at 2:20 AM Post #1,774 of 11,880
Anyone here with Arya driven by RME ADI-2 dac and Hugo2, I have Hugo 2 but wondering if it will drive Arya to full potential, I have option to sell Hugo2 and get RME ADI-2 or add SMSL SP200 to hugo 2 for Arya? I have option to either buy Arya with AMP or buy the secondhand Empyrean :)Thanks.
I'm awaiting the answer for the same. I too have a Hugo 2, and my Arya will be arriving within 10 days or so.

May 28, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #1,775 of 11,880
I have experienced the same. I used to own the RME ADI-2 DAC, I never found it to be amazing, like how various reviews portray it to be, like some kind of Holy Grail DAC Amp, which is the best under $2000. I don't think it is, well in its favour, I'll say its a very clean and relatively powerful device. Before the RME, I used to own the Chord Mojo, it was a splendid device, I wanted better and bought the RME, only to be disappointed. Then, I sold it at quite the loss, and got a Hugo 2. Now, I was back on track. For me, the Mojo is any day better sounding than the RME, and with the Hugo 2 there's absolutely no comparison.
I own the RME, Hugo 2, and TT2. The RME is not that bad and there are some things to like about it. To be fair, it doesn't have the transparency, clarity and the ability to resolve like the Chord products, but there are definitely worser sounding DAC out there.

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 5:27 AM Post #1,776 of 11,880
Thanks for your advice and I think Arya will compliment my Z1R better than Empyreans.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,777 of 11,880
Just received my Arya, want to share my 2 cents.

My favorite headphones were HEX V2 until the day my 3 year old thought it was dirty and washed it with soap. That was the day I realized I am a human being who mastered the art of self control :)

So I needed a replacement and found that HEX V2 is not produced anymore. I was really sad but found that there was this new model Arya which supposed to be an upgrade, using the same driver as HEK series.

I found a good deal for brand new, pulled the trigger and received them 2 hours ago.

I am in heaven, seems like everything I love about HEX V2 not only there but actually they managed to improve it quite a bit. I was expecting less bass, possibly fatiguing/sibilant highs but that's not the case. Without a chance to A/B I can say the satisfying HEX bass is not only there, sub bass is actually improved. Mids are better, not as recessed and Highs are MUCH better.

This is my dream phone, upgradetitis has no power on me!

I'll write a long review after a long weekend listening session.

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,778 of 11,880
Wait til you break them in for a bit. I believe HF says 150 hours. :D

Jun 1, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #1,780 of 11,880
Boxers and sweatpants will be required in order to prevent permanent damage. And remember to call your doctor if it persists for more than 4 hours. :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #1,781 of 11,880
My favorite headphones were HEX V2 until the day my 3 year old thought it was dirty and washed it with soap.
Well thats something that would test anyones self control ( well maybe with exception of The Dalai Lama ;]) but did you try to fix them? were there actually physically damaged like broken diaphragm foil or just wet and soapy? IF later gently soak them in demineralized water and let them air dry for a some time then apply some deoxy in to the socket, test then if ok buy new pads and it should be OK - there is actually no parts inside that water could easily damaged - unless it was plugged to amp at the time of washing ;]

Jun 2, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,782 of 11,880
Well thats something that would test anyones self control ( well maybe with exception of The Dalai Lama ;]) but did you try to fix them? were there actually physically damaged like broken diaphragm foil or just wet and soapy? IF later gently soak them in demineralized water and let them air dry for a some time then apply some deoxy in to the socket, test then if ok buy new pads and it should be OK - there is actually no parts inside that water could easily damaged - unless it was plugged to amp at the time of washing ;]

After washing the cup, she turned right cup into a pool. One of the diaphragms were punctured by Barbie and her pool party friends. . oh the horror... *starts mumbling while hugging his knees and rocking back and forth*

Jun 2, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #1,784 of 11,880
After washing the cup, she turned right cup into a pool. One of the diaphragms were punctured by Barbie and her pool party friends. . oh the horror... *starts mumbling while hugging his knees and rocking back and forth*
When shes in highschool and wants to go to some party or get the iPhone 22 remember that moment....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back