HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #4,726 of 11,867
Aug 26, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #4,727 of 11,867
Has anyone compared the fit of the Arya to the fit of the Ananda?

I'm a bit annoyed how loose-fitting the Ananda is with a tendency to slide off your head if you move about. Is the Arya (with its increased cup swivel) more grippy and stable on the head comparatively, or is it also a loose fit?

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #4,728 of 11,867
I found the Ananda to be a much looser fit compared to Arya. Where as Ananda shifted and slid on my head if I looked, downward, etc., I have no issues like that with Arya.

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #4,729 of 11,867
Ananda with Gorilla Glue?🤪

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #4,732 of 11,867
Has anyone compared the fit of the Arya to the fit of the Ananda?

I'm a bit annoyed how loose-fitting the Ananda is with a tendency to slide off your head if you move about. Is the Arya (with its increased cup swivel) more grippy and stable on the head comparatively, or is it also a loose fit?
Definitely a tighter fit. When I first got my Arya as an upgrade to the Ananda, I was a bit off-put that they fit tighter. However, after a few days of using them, I think the pads softened up a bit and they feel really really wonderful. It was never a tight fit, just more noticeable coming straight from the Ananda.

Disclaimer: YMMV... everyone's head is different :wink:

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #4,733 of 11,867
Having had both overlapping to compare for a short time, my experience was that they were both comfortable, but the Arya moreso for me. Anandas fit me nicely, didn't slip around or get uncomfortable. I must have an agreeable head shape. I did feel like I had to get them placed just right on my head, but it wasn't difficult.

Arya is just more comfortable for me. Better fit, a little more snug but not uncomfortably so.

I do have a slightly squeaky Arya swivel to deal with, though. Suggestions welcomed!

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #4,734 of 11,867
Also found that Ananda fell a bit lower onto my jaw-line. Always had an issue keeping it a bit higher and required Dekoni Nuggets to finally get them where I wanted them. No such issue with Arya.

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #4,735 of 11,867
It was posted on Reddit that the new Arya silent revision comes with stealth magnet similarly found on their flagship HE1000se. My local retailer just confirmed with me as well that the new revision uses stealth magnet. Anyone listened to both versions so far?

Aug 26, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #4,736 of 11,867
Having had both overlapping to compare for a short time, my experience was that they were both comfortable, but the Arya moreso for me. Anandas fit me nicely, didn't slip around or get uncomfortable. I must have an agreeable head shape. I did feel like I had to get them placed just right on my head, but it wasn't difficult.

Arya is just more comfortable for me. Better fit, a little more snug but not uncomfortably so.

I do have a slightly squeaky Arya swivel to deal with, though. Suggestions welcomed!
I also have a squeak in the left swivel & in the right cup clip. WD40 works.

It was posted on Reddit that the new Arya silent revision comes with stealth magnet similarly found on their flagship HE1000se. My local retailer just confirmed with me as well that the new revision uses stealth magnet. Anyone listened to both versions so far?
Post by Cordies
here are his images for anyone wondering
https://i.imgur.com/0FO3WNr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IThathB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4DmQGDp.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kWviwLk.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/gV8rgbw.jpg

I'm also interested in the sound difference, mainly because of the way the Arya Magnets are VS Stealth Magnets (HE1000se).
Untitled.png

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #4,737 of 11,867

I can't really remember the sound of old Arya, however few days ago I compared 2021 Arya with 2021 HE1000 SE, and definitely HE1000 SE match my preference better than Arya. Bigger imaging, richer micro detail, smoother midrange to treble area, Fuller body midrange, better bass extension.

Aug 27, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #4,740 of 11,867
Is the majority Arya>Ananda from those who have A/B tested them and if price is no object? General music listening, strong stack, lossless.
I upgraded to Arya from Ananda a few months ago and will say that yes, Arya is superior in just about every way. IMHO, I don't feel like the Arya are 'worth' 2x+ the cost of Ananda, but that's how just about everything goes when you cross a certain line in audio. I don't regret upgrading, but do sometimes miss the Ananda... some songs are actually less enjoyable with the extra soundstage & imaging to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back