Hifiman Ananda Stealth Magnet Version
Sep 12, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #106 of 271
Someone asked me to denote what I thought were the major differences between Ananda non-SM vs. SM, and this is what I have come up with so far:

The SM sound more refined.
The SM sound more detailed.
The SM sound airier.
The SM's soundstage is more coherent with better holistic integration of parts.
The SM offer a better sense of front-to-back dimensionality (and overall imaging).
The SM's tonality sounds rounder, fuller, sweeter.
The SM's timbres sound more accurate (less "artificial").

To my ears, the SM have no audible downside vs. their non-SM counterpart.

Sep 15, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #108 of 271
At their street price ($699) or, more so, at open box/used discount ($500-ish), the HiFiMan Ananda Stealth Magnets are an incredible value.

:beerchug:
I think they have really undersestimated the stealth revision, mostly because i think it might bite too much into arya territory and make them look bad in the price/performance domain.

Sep 15, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #110 of 271
Oct 14, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #112 of 271
OK, time to resurrect this thread. I bought the Audeze LCD1s 18 months ago and they were my introduction into planar headphones. When I got them I was gobsmacked by so many things and loved the sound they produced. However, the now well known headband cracking issue developed and I recently returned them to the dealer under warranty which they were very happy to honour. They offered to replace them with stock that they had but with the cracking issue this was not the path to go down. I asked them if I could upgrade and they readily agreed.

I did a lot of research and the Ananda Stealth came up positively so many times. For an extra $350 I've now put in an order for the SMs and eagerly anticipate their arrival. I'll be driving these with a Schiit Asgard3/Modi 3+ combination. I always review my new equipment after a couple of months but I am happy to report back with my initial impressions on this thread.

Oct 14, 2022 at 8:46 AM Post #113 of 271
Someone asked me to denote what I thought were the major differences between Ananda non-SM vs. SM, and this is what I have come up with so far:

The SM sound airier.
The SM offer a better sense of front-to-back dimensionality (and overall imaging).

To my ears, the SM have no audible downside vs. their non-SM counterpart.
are there any visual differences between the twos?
I bought an used pair and I would like to be sure that they are the SM

Oct 14, 2022 at 10:11 AM Post #114 of 271
(1) Packaging should be clearly marked with a gold "Stealth Magnets Design" sticker.

1665755939634.png

(2) The Ananda Stealth weigh 440 grams versus 399 grams for the Ananda 2021. [Weigh with a postal scale.]
(3) The Ananda Stealth have an impedance of 27 ohms versus 25 ohms for the Ananda 2021. [Check with a multimeter.]

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #115 of 271
(1) Packaging should be clearly marked with a gold "Stealth Magnets Design" sticker.

1665755939634.png
(2) The Ananda Stealth weigh 440 grams versus 399 grams for the Ananda 2021. [Weigh with a postal scale.]
(3) The Ananda Stealth have an impedance of 27 ohms versus 25 ohms for the Ananda 2021. [Check with a multimeter.]
What cables are you using with the Ananda Stealth?

Oct 20, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #118 of 271
The SM sound airier.
It all sounds promising, just one more thing, are they easier to drive then Ananda OG since their counterpart Arya Stealth version is somewhat easier on the amp? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back