Hifiman 602: buzzing after charging
Nov 11, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #16 of 26
Further experimentation may give someone smart the answer.  If I play the unit for 2hrs after it has been fully charged then the noise goes away.  I checked along the way and after 1hr it was still buzzing.  With this information let anyone diagnose the problem?  It is going to suck sending this in... it sounds so good!  Almost makes me want to try the 801.

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #18 of 26
Thanks Fang, I'll miss it.  Wouldn't be too upset if you accidentally sent an 801 back instead
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
We have found the reason of this problem  You can return and get a replacement.

Could you elaborate on the issue and whether it's isolated or a design issue.  Some of us might be tolerating issues we perceive as quirks rather than flaws.  I understand the intent to minimize unnecessary costs but we all need to be on the same page as to expectations and performance.       

Nov 11, 2010 at 4:20 AM Post #21 of 26

Quote:
Is it me but I keep coming across posts where people are experiencing problems with there Hifiman 602.

Well it's new(and oftentimes new gadgets have bugs), and um... happy users(like me) don't come up and create a new thread and say "I'm totally happy!" or do something like that. Maybe an appreciation thread, but it's a little too early for that. I think it's normal(or even if it's not, at least many of the buyers who didn't comment and just lurk the forums are not angry).

Nov 11, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #22 of 26

Quote:
Is it me but I keep coming across posts where people are experiencing problems with there Hifiman 602.

Mine is fine actually, I think.  I was asking on behalf of the community.  I had issues w/ some SACD rips but it seems to be a tagging issue of sorts yet they play on my PC.  Bear in mind the issues related to the release of the iPhone 4 and put that into perspective between the two companies.

Nov 12, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #24 of 26
Hi,

I hear the same kind of sound 10 minutes after power on, and only with the headphone output. It's not very loud, but it's annoying. Then, the buzzzzz frequency increase slowly, until I nearly can't hear it. This takes around half an hour. Like CSIR, this sound is not related to volume level. Perhaps is this dependant from internal temperature. I didn't observed any difference during charge / after charging it or not. I've tried the reset switch, but it didn't changed anything.

Has anyone the same problem?

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #26 of 26
My 602 seems has morning sickness, the buzzing always came out in the morning when I go to
my office every day and it won't stop for about fourthy minutes and I have to turn it off the power for a while. Any further explanation Mr. Fang?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back