Hifiman 602: buzzing after charging
Nov 2, 2010 at 5:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

CSIR

100+ Head-Fier
I've charged my 602 2x and both times if I try and listen to it there is a buzzing sound that is in the background and it is independent to the volume level.  If I don't touch it for a day it is no longer there but even after 2 hrs it is still there.  Does any one else have this?  Also can others listen to it while it is charging?  There is a lot of background noise when I try?

Thanks

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #3 of 26
I already did send a message.  I'm just trying to avoid shipping and spending another $30 and not having the player for a really long time again just to end up with the same problem.  After this second charge it has been 10 hrs and it still has this buzz almost more like a dieing cat sound.  It also gets worse when the screen is lite up.

Nov 4, 2010 at 1:11 PM Post #5 of 26
"I already did send a message.  I'm just trying to avoid shipping and spending another $30 and not having the player for a really long time again just to end up with the same problem.  After this second charge it has been 10 hrs and it still has this buzz almost more like a dieing cat sound.  It also gets worse when the screen is lite up."

Hi,
I've got exactly the same "dying-cat-noise-background" ... worse when screen is on also.
If you've got a solution so I don't have to send my HM-602 I'll be VERY happy.
thx

Nov 4, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #6 of 26
None yet but mine sounds great if it has not been played for ~12hrs post charge.  Basically Fang said to wait till it has 100 hrs which is about 10 charges so I have 8 more to go.

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:46 PM Post #8 of 26

Quote:
None yet but mine sounds great if it has not been played for ~12hrs post charge.  Basically Fang said to wait till it has 100 hrs which is about 10 charges so I have 8 more to go.

The 100 hrs thing.  Do you need to use battery? Or, can you play it while charging? I mean, the cause of the buzz sound is battery ?

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 26
Yeah I'd be lying if I thought it was going to get better; seems to be getting worse but it is good in between so I'll wait patiently.

Nov 7, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #10 of 26
Mine is now present at all times and worse when the screen is on... guess this is going back.  I don't hear it with other headphones but I bought this for my 16s.  Hope they don't all sound like this.

Nov 9, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #13 of 26
i have heard buzzing on my hm-801 a few times when  it's power was on (and thus powered up)  while charging with the adapter and when it had no sd card in it.

Nov 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #14 of 26
Probably not related but OMG is this thing susceptible to external interference.  If I use my Arrow w/ the bottom screws facing the 602 back the buzz and noise is terrible.  If I swap it to the other side the noise is gone.

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
Well if you don't hear it with other headphones then I think that might be a synergy thing....

If it was a synergy thing it would happen at all times.  It only happens after charging for 12-36hrs.  Then it happens briefly for 5 sec before the battery completely dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back