HIFIMAN’s HE1000 Upgrade Discussion
Sep 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #151 of 154
That makes it "all good" ?
Really glad they eventually got you whole. Eventually being the operative word here.
I have less patience having spent around $3700 to get a set of headphones. Why should they not come out of the box perfect? In ALL aspects, including cables.

I have $50 headphones that according to others and me, always do that.

I have 5 sets of Hifiman headphones. I am looking for a set HE 6 to have and to hold. I am not a hater in the least. I just can't justify their lack of QC on high dollar headphones in any way!
If others find it acceptable because the make them whole after weeks/months and the effort to tell them that they screwed up... so be it. These expectations are just much lower than mine.

Really man? No one and no company is perfect. So no Mercedes or BMW or Porsche has ever had a problem or broken down because they’re expensive? Anything can have a defect, at any price. The bottom line is that they made it right. Hifiman deserves their fair share of criticism for a lot of things, but in this instance, you ARE being a hater.

Sep 21, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #152 of 154
I don't think so. It seems that some feel the need to justify unacceptable behavior.
No company or manufacturing process is perfect. Some much less than others. Hifiman fits into the latter category.
We all have our pain thresholds. Yours seem to be way higher than mine. Good for you.
That does not make the behavior acceptable. And your opinion is yours, I accept it.
My opinion is mine, maybe you can accept it. Yes really !!!

Hate and reality are way different.

EDIT:
Proud owner of the
HE 400
He 400i
2 Sets of HE 560 (one highly modded)
HE 1000 V1
Now that is real hate, yes?

There is a vastly huge difference between being a hater, being a "please kick me again" person, and being objective :beerchug:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #153 of 154
I had a pair of immaculate HE1000 V1's that I loved. But the allure of the V2's became too strong. I bit the bullet and I did the upgrade. Hifiman was was exemplary in allowing my upgrade and facilitating the process. When the V2's arrived they came In a full retail box. My only beef were the cables. They were clearly a repackaged bundle with reused ties. Call me cynical, cables are included to get you going. I already had numerous options including Lavricables and Dragons. I put OCD to work and used virgin ties to repackage the cables. Out of sight out of mind. If I sell them the next owner will be pleased. Is this an excuse? No! I think that the quality control in China needs to be brought up to standards. This is a no brainer. All you need is a person that understands the experience of perfection. I kept the V2's and bought Utopia's instead of Susvara phones.

Mar 17, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #154 of 154
Hello, HiFiMan.

I have sent my original HE1000 to Japan after paying for the V2 upgrade last January 4. They received them last February 1, confirmed bY DHL. According to your official website, I should rreceive my upgraded pair within 7 - 15 days. Well, it’s been six weeks since Japan received my phones and I am still waiting for them to come. I haven’t even received a confirmation or shipping notice.

I’ve contacted your customer service two weeks ago and been informed that they’re informed that they’rre on their way. I am in the Philippines, and China is not that far from me. I think that I have waited far too long without any confirmation, and the waiting is just stressing me out. I have spent a considerable amount of money for the HE1000 and its upgrade. I am worried, to say the least.

If needed I can give you my RA and Order numbers. Please let me know my phones’ status.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back