HIFIMAN’s HE1000 Upgrade Discussion
Sep 19, 2016 at 8:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 154

Smileyko

100+ Head-Fier
  We will offer a pa-needed update service in the future.
And I want to tell you that this luck activity will last a long time~ every month, three update to V2.
So don't give up!

I don't want nor need the upgrades. I just want some cooler pads to go with my HEX. These pads are HOT and ITCHES like crazy!!! Very bad design for a product that cost this much!!! I just went out last week and bought the Senn HD 800S and that's a cooler headphone then the HEX in term of face temp while listening. Please let me know IF you guys are on that track? Please get back to me ASAP. Hello..............

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 154
Yup...I can't listen to my HEK more than 30mins even in air-conditioned room. The pads are terrible

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 154
  Yup...I can't listen to my HEK more than 30mins even in air-conditioned room. The pads are terrible

Dear TM: Since I got into Head Fi I am a rookie impulse buyer expat living in Vietnam. I got deep into the after market cables and now have spend over $5K in cables. I bought the HEX, Nighthawk and the OPPO PM2 all because they take the 2.5mm connections. Sounds like nuts I know. I bought the HEX based on not just the sound since I bought them unheard unseen. Just the cable fits. Now, I love the sound but because of the heat and the ITCH I went back to the stock cables on the HEX. Why? Because it's long enough so I can sit directly in front of the aircon vents and blow and go. Now the other pads are hot but never ITCHES!!! Watch how long these Hihiman guys that's only interest in 3 FREE upgrades respond to our post then you will know how much they care. Let's wait. I am blowing and going and hot and itch but the sound......... sublime with my new 2Qute dac I picked up 2 days ago and the Violectric V220 amp. Cheers mate!!!

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 154
They have already withdrawn their free upgrade plan for HEX and drop the price for HEX V2 by close to 30%...how long do you reckoned before they withdraw the free upgrade for HEK V1 in its entirety?

I would rather just buy a replacement pads or pay for the upgrade asap and get it over with, or just put my V1 into storage since I'm only reaching out for Utopia nowadays anyway.

What a shambolic customer service here...boo!

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 154
They have already withdrawn their free upgrade plan for HEX and drop the price for HEX V2 by close to 30%...how long do you reckoned before they withdraw the free upgrade for HEK V1 in its entirety?

I would rather just buy a replacement pads or pay for the upgrade asap and get it over with, or just put my V1 into storage since I'm only reaching out for Utopia nowadays anyway.

What a symbolic customer service here...boo!

So, you like the Utopia better than the HEK...

Oct 2, 2016 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 154
So, you like the Utopia better than the HEK...

Love the Utopia way more over both V1 and V2...but I would still want to test out the V2 in a bit more in-depth, with different music, cables etc but initial 15mins impression of V2 doesn't impressed me at all, but like I said, I will want to hold back my final judgement on the V2 till I get some more quality time with it.

Would like to hear what's your take on these?

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:57 AM Post #9 of 154
Haven't heard them, just read a lot. Hopefully get to hear them at meets in the area in a few months. Really like my HEK v1, wonder if my take will be different.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 154

What a symbolic customer service here...boo!

I am in the same boat my friend. I did emailed them and I can see on their won website they are selling the V2 pads but their CS email me back yesterday to say they are still the old pads. They are charging $79 for them so I wanted to make sure they are the new ones. But no, they posted it for sale but it still has the OLD velour on it? This company is off with me. I don't want no upgrade just the NEW pads with polyester, for $79 that's what we get. BTW, the new and improved HEX is on sale on their website for $1299. What a deal. Those of us that bought the V1 are just white rats to them I think IMO. Cheers mate.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 154

I am in the same boat my friend. I did emailed them and I can see on their won website they are selling the V2 pads but their CS email me back yesterday to say they are still the old pads. They are charging $79 for them so I wanted to make sure they are the new ones. But no, they posted it for sale but it still has the OLD velour on it? This company is off with me. I don't want no upgrade just the NEW pads with polyester, for $79 that's what we get. BTW, the new and improved HEX is on sale on their website for $1299. What a deal. Those of us that bought the V1 are just white rats to them I think IMO. Cheers mate.

I'm just content with changing the pads to the V2 version. I've asked the same question of Hifiman's customer service and their answer was sometime in October. Well now it is October and the pads aren't listed on their website. Admittedly its only 4 days into the month, so hopefully they list them on their website soon.

Oct 3, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #12 of 154

I'm just content with changing the pads to the V2 version. I've asked the same question of Hifiman's customer service and their answer was sometime in October. Well now it is October and the pads aren't listed on their website. Admittedly its only 4 days into the month, so hopefully they list them on their website soon.

It's listed M31, don't pull the trigger on that one. Read the fine print. For $79 just wait. These you see on their website has the old velour on them. Their CS says so. The old pads makes my face itch and too hot. Of course the price drop to the floor so they can compete in today's TOTL marketplace. Once I get these pads I am off with this company. I already bought the HD 800S last month and I am watching Monday Night football with them right now and it sounds like I am at the GAME!!! Cheers.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:20 AM Post #13 of 154

...Those of us that bought the V1 are just white rats to them I think IMO.

Lab rats that's for sure...how else do you explain early HEX V1 owners see their headphone superseded and improved a mere 6 months into ownership, and the early V2 adopters saw their 2 weeks old HEX V2 drop by 30% in price. To add the ultimate insult to it all, HEX owners have their "free upgrades" withdrawn after 1 month. It's a peculiar HiFiMan's way to snub their loyal supporter. Support this farcical business for all you like...after 9 purchases from them, I'm out for good!

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #14 of 154
Wait they have told me that free upgrade opportunity will last a long time...

Lab rats that's for sure...how else do you explain early HEX V1 owners see their headphone superseded and improved a mere 6 months into ownership, and the early V2 adopters saw their 2 weeks old HEX V2 drop by 30% in price. To add the ultimate insult to it all, HEX owners have their "free upgrades" withdrawn after 1 month. It's a peculiar HiFiMan's way to snub their loyal supporter. Support this farcical business for all you like...after 9 purchases from them, I'm out for good!

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #15 of 154

Well...of course 
wink_face.gif

3 weeks ago...

Quote:
  ...And I want to tell you that this luck activity will last a long time~ every month, three update to V2.
So don't give up!

Last week...

Quote:
  ...in October, the free update for EDX V2's activity would be terminated. Sorry for that.

Thank you for your great support in HIFIMAN.
Have a nice weekend.

Your friend
HIFIMAN Customer Service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back