HIFIdiy's mini USB DAC MK2--Also a headphone amp!
Jan 25, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #227 of 377
Quote:

Originally Posted by shrisha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For some reason my AUNE not work from spdif if I set 24/192 in digital output properties of my sound card. Works fine with 24/96 setting though. Check there.

AUNE supports up to 24/96 on coaxial.

Jan 26, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #229 of 377
Quote:

Originally Posted by francisdemarte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your handy with a soldering iron and multimeter you can build your own. Just follow the link in my sig for an example that I built. I used Tangent's THREAD kit, a toroidal transformer, and parts from Radio Shack Product Details

I've never used it before but a lot of headfi'ers like Elpac power adapters:

Digi-Key - EPS374-ND (Manufacturer - FWC1818-760F)

Both items will replace the bulky adapter and power converter that came with the Aune.

I just got my Aune last week and LOVE it... Noticed an instant difference with my K271s. I use them at work and have always just driven them off my POS laptop with the exception of a Corda Move for a while. There was a very noticeably increase in clarity and the separation in the soundstage. Everything seems more defined and well controlled. Not to mention now I could completely make myself go deaf if I so desired.

Just a quick question... the included AC adapter is awful. I want to buy a laptop-style one to replace it like the one in the digi-key link above. Is this the exact one with the correct plug to fit the Aune? I see that the wattage is fine, etc.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #230 of 377
Good to see another fan! Try rolling some opamps next!

I'm pretty sure that one will work the plug size is very common. On my custom supply I used a radioshack size M DC power plug.

If your in doubt you can always measure the plug that came with the Aune.

Jan 26, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #231 of 377
Yea, I'd like to try some different opamps... I'm going to go ahead and burn the stock ones in and see how it goes. I like it a lot already, but I know there's always room for improvement!
tongue.gif

I tried measuring the one on the stock power supply... The external diameter seems more like 6-6.5mm and the digikey one says 5.5mm. It's also quite a bit longer (not that that matters so much... the stock one actually seems too long). The internal diameter is about the same at around 2.5mm.

Jan 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #234 of 377
This one has a 2.1mm ID x 5.5mm OD plug.

Digi-Key - T956-P5P-ND (Manufacturer - ETS180110UTC-P5P-SZ)

The stock psu says 12v but with the converter it actually outputs around 17v unloaded.

I've also used this radioshack 15v dc adapter with the Aune at one time with the "M" tip:
Enercell™ 15V/1000mA AC Adapter - RadioShack.com

If in doubt you can bring your Aune into radioshack and they will match the tip for you. Just make sure it is "tip positive" when you plug it in.

I currently run about 22v dc into the Aune and have tried up to 24v dc. I could not find a difference between the 22v and the 24v so I stuck with the lesser voltage.

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #235 of 377
Thanks a bunch guys! That's weird... i searched a ton on digi-key for one like that and couldn't find it. I guess I suck at teh digi-key search. I've had one of those Radioshack units before too and for $25 shipped this digi-key one seems like a good deal.

Just ordered it. I'll post impressions when it shows. Hopefully it's a good cheap alternative to the oem setup. Shame they couldn't include something like that with the Aune.

Jan 29, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #236 of 377
Well, that got here FAST. Doesn't seem that the Aune likes it though. When I plug it and the USB in the Unlock and Power lights begin pulsing steadily and there is a nice thumping in the headphones... regardless of whether the Aune is switched on or off. If I turn the Aune off and unplug the USB the pulsing stops.

Back to the ugly wall wart/converter I suppose. Fortunately doesn't seem to have damaged anything.

Any thoughts on what that's all about?

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #237 of 377
Quote:

Originally Posted by milagu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that got here FAST. Doesn't seem that the Aune likes it though. When I plug it and the USB in the Unlock and Power lights begin pulsing steadily and there is a nice thumping in the headphones... regardless of whether the Aune is switched on or off. If I turn the Aune off and unplug the USB the pulsing stops.

Back to the ugly wall wart/converter I suppose. Fortunately doesn't seem to have damaged anything.

Any thoughts on what that's all about?

My guess is a ground loop. Nothing you can do about that, without additional components. Just try to get a tread or something similar. Maybe you should build one yourself if you feel like it, it's fun
atsmile.gif

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #238 of 377
Try another plug in the house thats on a different circuit. Also be sure the adapter they sent you is a 18V DC not AC.

The Aune is pretty robust. Once by accident I plugged in a 24v AC adapter into it and caused it to completely shut down. Once I put it back on the original adapter it started up fine, I thought I fried it.

Jan 30, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #240 of 377
Quote:

Originally Posted by milagu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, it's 18V DC

Digi-Key - T956-P5P-ND (Manufacturer - ETS180110UTC-P5P-SZ)

Tried a couple different plugs here at work, might still be on the same circuit though. I'll take it home and try it although that kind of defeats the purpose since this puppy sits at work!
tongue_smile.gif

I actually just talked to digikey and they refunded my $... I even offered to ship it back on my dime.

Try an elpac psu maybe? Like this. But i think the aune uses 2.1mm plug not 2.5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back