Hifi at CES 2011
Dec 24, 2010 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bridge8989

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone have any suggestions on what companies I should check out for speakers/amps?  I've been reading this forum for the past year and only know about headphones; I have no idea what the "good" speaker brands are.

Here are the companies listed under "audio" http://ces11.mapyourshow.com/3_0/search.cfm?main_cat=2|Audio&search=category&sub_cat=2|Audio|AllSubCategories

This is what looks interesting so far:

audio research
audioengine
audio-technica
beyerdynamic
cambridge audio
cardas
cary audio
dynaudio
etymotic research
furutech
harman (akg)
head-direct
kimber kable
klipsch
may audio
mcintosh
nordost
nuforce
paradigm
peachtree
revolver audio
sennheiser
swans
VAC
westone

Dec 25, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #3 of 7
are the venetian rooms invite only?  I know some of the hotel stuff isnt really open to the public.

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 7
Rumor is that AKG will have a new flagship headphone. Of course, that rumor went around last year, as well. But if I could be there, that's one I'd look into.

Jan 2, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
are the venetian rooms invite only?  I know some of the hotel stuff isnt really open to the public.

The Venetian rooms are open to all attendees.  The only exceptions would be the press conferences for media only.  And perhaps invite only suites, although those are often held at locations other than the Venetian in my experience.

Jan 3, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #7 of 7
Hmm... will make sure I seek out AKG when I'm there in case they decide this is the year they want to exceed rather than underperform expectations. Any ideas on which Harman booth might be most promising for headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back