Hidizs MS5 - Impressions thread and review invitation
May 22, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #211 of 250

Teardown of MS5 by Hi-Fri. Some interesting points to me:
  • The teardown confirms my suspicion that MS5 is not semi-open. It does feel like a closed IEM with a bass vent rather than fully open.
  • I'm surprised about the engineering efforts and costs going into these IEMs.
  • Interesting to see that DD and BA woofers firing directly into the same chamber without tube
It's obviously a thoughtful and carefully built IEM. The technical performance is good. Could have tuned a bit more "accessible" to avoid all of the problems and make recommendation much easier.

The Hi Fri teardowns are always super interesting in my opinion. In this case you can see clearly Hidizs efforts on making the MS5! Premium quality drivers and structure, really good wiring and a really complex engineering. And that CNC shell is stunning! The more i use them the more a love them!

May 22, 2023 at 2:33 AM Post #212 of 250

• The teardown confirms my suspicion that MS5 is not semi-open. It does feel like a closed IEM with a bass vent rather than fully open.
  • Interesting to see that DD and BA woofers firing directly into the same chamber without tube
It's obviously a thoughtful and carefully built IEM. The technical performance is good. Could have tuned a bit more "accessible" to avoid all of the problems and make recommendation much easier.

interesting to see this, gained some insights and the engineering efforts of making the MS5 and premium component used all around

May 22, 2023 at 2:39 AM Post #213 of 250

Yep, from the first listen I instantly noticed the MS5 is not a semi open back design.
After watching the videos now I'm pretty curious on why Hidizs went with damper-less design on the treble BA, is it for the technicality(detail retrieval)?
Probably if I'm guessing, its for the sake of the technical performance.

Anyway, still loving my MS5 and probably for the asking price its a decent value for money.
I'm always feeling confident carrying the MS5 because of its solid build CNC machined aluminum, compared to the Blessing 3.
The Blessing 3 always feels like it could broke down any seconds if I'm not babying it, meanwhile every time I carry the MS5, I could multitask without worrying about the IEM, lol

and now after watching the video I'm feeling even more confident on making the MS5 as my go to multitasking / everyday carry IEM because of the solid and well made constructions

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #214 of 250
Hello, I'm going to do my text review of the Hidizs Ms5, I found the product packaging very elegant, with a good battery, the internal presentation of the box well organized, the Tuning Filter kit, good quality silicone tips and the case too and beautiful. The construction is excellent, I liked the black color, the dark Angie style was very stylish. The headphone cable is of excellent quality, despite being a little heavy, I removed the cable rubbers, those that are behind the ears, because it was hurting my ears, done that it was perfect. The sound The MS5 has physicality in the sub-bass, bass with impactful range and speed, the bass doesn't hurt the mids. The mids are warm, the voices are slightly backed up but sound very natural, instruments get a very correct Tiber. It has a good treble extension, delivering well sounds like a violin and a drum cymbal, It has a good separation of instruments and a wide sound stage of 360, like a good immersion The headphone does not need very strong sources to play, I liked it a lot from Hidiz MS5

May 23, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #215 of 250
The MS5 is an iem that surprises with its build quality and sound quality, the additions are enough to be able to try different settings, especially the filters, personally the red filter is the one I liked the most along with the pads for the voices , share a harmonic and fun sound for prolonged listening and if I combine it with the Dap hidizs Ap80 Pro X its performance improves, it seems that this is advertising, but the reality is that hidizs did an excellent job and it must be recognized.
IMG_20230417_114133.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230417_114320.jpg
    IMG_20230417_114320.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 23, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #219 of 250
$400?:scream: Is it really worth it?:thinking: but looks really cool
Hard to say. How geeky you are in this audio hobby? To me, personally, I pick MS5 over the other two mid-fi IEMs I reviewed recently (the Blessing 3 and the SA6II) simply because I like the bass, the soundstage imaging, and resolution of these way more, so that I can kind of work around the treble peaks. But I'm all about the bass and soundstage. Others might be strongly repulsed by the treble of these IEMs that they would ignore everything else.

Trying to retune these IEMs with dampeners at the moment. Quite tricky.

May 23, 2023 at 10:34 PM Post #220 of 250
Hard to say. How geeky you are in this audio hobby? To me, personally, I pick MS5 over the other two mid-fi IEMs I reviewed recently (the Blessing 3 and the SA6II) simply because I like the bass, the soundstage imaging, and resolution of these way more, so that I can kind of work around the treble peaks. But I'm all about the bass and soundstage. Others might be strongly repulsed by the treble of these IEMs that they would ignore everything else.

Trying to retune these IEMs with dampeners at the moment. Quite tricky.
Just waiting for more feedback, buddy.:) I'm just interested in MS5. :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #221 of 250
The reason why MS5 is probably one of the best midrangers out there.

This is another beauty of Hidizs MS5, Since I really don't like the combination of red ring nozzle of EA500 with its cavity base as I really preferred the black ring nozzle on EA500. I put them on MS5 them voila, it really changes it sound signature to became one of the most technical Harmanish-sounding IEMs out there. The tonality of EA500 red ring nozzle and Hidizs MS5 reminds me of that the best TOTL IEM with Harmanish-type of tuning in my opinion. If you think that you are tired of MS5 sound signature, this is it and try it to yourself.

Modularity gives you that particular food for thought maxim "experimentation is a necessity towards innovation".

20230426_220508.jpg20230426_220325.jpg20230426_220029.jpg
just got the Simgot EA500 today, which EA500 filter did you use with the MS5? pretty curious for some experiment

May 24, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #222 of 250
just got the Simgot EA500 today, which EA500 filter did you use with the MS5? pretty curious for some experiment
I tried all of them

May 25, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #224 of 250
I've tried all of them, and in the end I go back to the stock bass filters, still sounds the most cohesive to my ears 😂
You should try using some little cotton in the treble nozzle.
Personally, it works much better than bass nozzle since you are treble sensitive.
Feels less congested than the bass nozzle.

I actually find it enjoyable to "re-tune" it to my ideal preference.

May 25, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #225 of 250
Sí, desde la primera vez que lo escuché noté al instante que el MS5 no tiene un diseño trasero semiabierto.
Después de ver los videos, ahora tengo mucha curiosidad sobre por qué Hidizs optó por un diseño sin amortiguador en el triple BA, ¿es por el tecnicismo (recuperación de detalles)?
Probablemente, si estoy adivinando, es por el bien del rendimiento técnico.

De todos modos, sigo amando mi MS5 y probablemente por el precio de venta es una buena relación calidad-precio.
Siempre me siento seguro al llevar el MS5 debido a su construcción sólida de aluminio mecanizado CNC, en comparación con el Blessing 3.
El Blessing 3 siempre se siente como si pudiera averiarse en cualquier momento si no lo mimo, mientras tanto, cada vez que llevo el MS5, puedo realizar tareas sin preocuparme por el IEM, lol

y ahora, después de ver el video, me siento aún más seguro de hacer que el MS5 sea mi IEM multitarea / transporte diario debido a las construcciones sólidas y bien hechas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back