Hidizs Audio Thread - Discussion and Impression
Nov 28, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #61 of 78
mp145.jpg

An incredible synergy with Effect Audio Cadmus 8W...

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:05 PM Post #62 of 78
Is it just me or have the Mermaid MS2 and MS3 to much treble?
MP145 coming this week, hope they sound better…

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #63 of 78
Is it just me or have the Mermaid MS2 and MS3 to much treble?
MP145 coming this week, hope they sound better…
I don't know the other two, but the MP145 will certainly amaze you with their sound... you just need good amplification to make them fly. :wink:

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #64 of 78
I don't know the other two, but the MP145 will certainly amaze you with their sound... you just need good amplification to make them fly. :wink:
Hopefully my hip dac 3 with 400mW has enough juice 😊

Nov 28, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #65 of 78
Hopefully my hip dac 3 with 400mW has enough juice 😊
In terms of power we are easily there... although perhaps they would also deserve a nice dongle with more details... but already with the ifi you will immediately realize what level of iem we are talking about. :wink:

Nov 29, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #66 of 78
Hi
I’m new to this thread.
I bought a Hidizs MP145 in Kickstarter long ago and the tracking number is stopped for the last month in Spain ( 180 km from here).
Any of you had the same experience with the package being stopped for a month with MP145?
Should I consider it lost?
Any advices?
Regards

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #68 of 78
Hi
I’m new to this thread.
I bought a Hidizs MP145 in Kickstarter long ago and the tracking number is stopped for the last month in Spain ( 180 km from here).
Any of you had the same experience with the package being stopped for a month with MP145?
Should I consider it lost?
Any advices?
Regards
Try to contact your local post by email and ask why is stuck and check the package status!

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #69 of 78
I have a 20USD coupon for hidizs.net, valid for a >200USD buy (MS5 excluded but bundles are included). I will not use it; it is valid until 2023/11/30 9:30 AM (EST) .
It costed me a single USD, but I am giving it away for free.

Anyone interested ? First PM to me gets it.

Nov 30, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #71 of 78
Since there is an Hidizs Audio thread now, I would like to share my (unfortunately) bad experience with this company:

My experience with their (English speaking) customer support is, that they are only helpful as long the questions are on a level where they can copy and paste information from their website as a reply or sell you something...but as far questions/issues with a device get more complex they really seem to have no clue at all about technical aspects of their own products! And the worst thing is, instead of at least trying to solve my issue, they just stopped responding to me at some point!

Actually I was confronted with the lack of knowledge of the customer support already before I bought my AP80 Pro-X Copper and I asked them some very simple questions - one was about the weight differences of the Copper version compared to the regular version. They gave me an answer, but it was only after I bought the device that I realized, this information was totally wrong (in fact it was copied from their website, where it is also wrong)!
Well, I can forgive that, because weight of a DAP is maybe not the most important thing in the world.

But when I started to have an issue with my Bluetooth connection, it turned ugly.
Actually it seems there is a bug in the firmware of all versions of the AP80, when the device automatically connects with an Apple device over Bluetooth. It never automatically connects via AAC but SBC instead, and you need to annoyingly cut the connection and reconnect the device twice every time (one time only leads to playing no sound), to establish a proper AAC connection. I have tried that with several Apple devices and even several AP80s (in an audio shop) - and it`s always the same problem, so definitely firmware related.

When I reported this to the customer support and asked them about it, the only answer I got was a copied and pasted reply where they wrote me something about LDAC - that had literally nothing to do at all with my issue. I wrote to them again to ask if they actually understood that my question is not related to LDAC but to AAC and Apple devices and explained to them once more.

The next reply I got were some questions, for example if I had tried it with another device. Even though I had explained to them in detail in my first mail, and I described all steps I went through already (I did try several devices and told them already)!

I explained to them for a third time in another mail and even sent them a video (!) that showed my issue in detail!
They wrote "thank you for the video" and that they will forward it and my issue to the "engineering team". I waited for two weeks for a reply and the only (unbelievable!) reply I got was, I should try to change a setting in the Hiby App that was only related to USB output (!!), not Bluetooth.

I wrote them for a fourth time (!!!) that my problem is related to AAC Bluetooth, not USB (I started to wonder if the support person actually knows what Bluetooth and AAC is:thinking:), and that I don`t use the Hiby app for playback, and I have written that to them several times. And asked them if their engineers could maybe at least try to reproduce my issue from my video with an Apple device and then get back to me.

Since then they never replied to me again! I have asked two more times (in a friendly and patient tone...like all of my other messages) but they just ignore me since then! That`s....terrible for a customer support...imo! I rarely had such a bad communication with a customer support and my issue stays unsolved....:rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2023 at 5:40 AM Post #72 of 78
I also had a problem with Hidizs.
Different than yours but also bad customer service.
I ordered a MS3 from them and when it arrived it was doa.
I had to send them back but had to pay the shipping costs myself which was 22,- euro.
I don’t think this is fair because they send me a defective IEM.
For me this is poor customer service.

Dec 6, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #73 of 78
I received my Hidizs MP145 titanium limited edition a few days ago, and I'm quite impressed with them. They are quite heavy compared to other IEMs but I don't get tired wearing them at all.

I can only really compare this MP145 to my other planar IEMs, the 7hz Timeless. I like them both but for me te MP145 sounds more 'mature' or better tuned.

I only used them with the stock filters and the balanced tips, sound is excellent. The rest of the filters/tips I will try at a later time, but I personally think this is already the sweet spot for me.

It's all nicely packed in a cardboard box instead of the standard plastic ones which seem to damage often with transport.

So far money well spend :relaxed:

Dlev6mP.jpg

tyFlH8r.jpg

5E1eNl2.jpg

Dec 6, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #74 of 78
Since there is an Hidizs Audio thread now, I would like to share my (unfortunately) bad experience with this company:

My experience with their (English speaking) customer support is, that they are only helpful as long the questions are on a level where they can copy and paste information from their website as a reply or sell you something...but as far questions/issues with a device get more complex they really seem to have no clue at all about technical aspects of their own products! And the worst thing is, instead of at least trying to solve my issue, they just stopped responding to me at some point!

Actually I was confronted with the lack of knowledge of the customer support already before I bought my AP80 Pro-X Copper and I asked them some very simple questions - one was about the weight differences of the Copper version compared to the regular version. They gave me an answer, but it was only after I bought the device that I realized, this information was totally wrong (in fact it was copied from their website, where it is also wrong)!
Well, I can forgive that, because weight of a DAP is maybe not the most important thing in the world.

But when I started to have an issue with my Bluetooth connection, it turned ugly.
Actually it seems there is a bug in the firmware of all versions of the AP80, when the device automatically connects with an Apple device over Bluetooth. It never automatically connects via AAC but SBC instead, and you need to annoyingly cut the connection and reconnect the device twice every time (one time only leads to playing no sound), to establish a proper AAC connection. I have tried that with several Apple devices and even several AP80s (in an audio shop) - and it`s always the same problem, so definitely firmware related.

When I reported this to the customer support and asked them about it, the only answer I got was a copied and pasted reply where they wrote me something about LDAC - that had literally nothing to do at all with my issue. I wrote to them again to ask if they actually understood that my question is not related to LDAC but to AAC and Apple devices and explained to them once more.

The next reply I got were some questions, for example if I had tried it with another device. Even though I had explained to them in detail in my first mail, and I described all steps I went through already (I did try several devices and told them already)!

I explained to them for a third time in another mail and even sent them a video (!) that showed my issue in detail!
They wrote "thank you for the video" and that they will forward it and my issue to the "engineering team". I waited for two weeks for a reply and the only (unbelievable!) reply I got was, I should try to change a setting in the Hiby App that was only related to USB output (!!), not Bluetooth.

I wrote them for a fourth time (!!!) that my problem is related to AAC Bluetooth, not USB (I started to wonder if the support person actually knows what Bluetooth and AAC is:thinking:), and that I don`t use the Hiby app for playback, and I have written that to them several times. And asked them if their engineers could maybe at least try to reproduce my issue from my video with an Apple device and then get back to me.

Since then they never replied to me again! I have asked two more times (in a friendly and patient tone...like all of my other messages) but they just ignore me since then! That`s....terrible for a customer support...imo! I rarely had such a bad communication with a customer support and my issue stays unsolved....:rolling_eyes:
That is a very popular problem with no known solution, unfortunately. I think it is baked into the hiby OS itself. The R3 Saber I borrowed to test (same OS) has exactly the same problem.

Dec 7, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #75 of 78
That is a very popular problem with no known solution, unfortunately. I think it is baked into the hiby OS itself. The R3 Saber I borrowed to test (same OS) has exactly the same problem.
Interesting - thanks for that comment! I just don`t get why Hidizs can`t listen (or even reply) to their customer`s feedback, forward it to Hiby and at least TRY to solve the issue.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back