Hidizs AP60
Mar 21, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #542 of 773
Due to the Hidizs poor customer support and the advertised N3 DSD256 compatibility I'd go for the N3.

Hi, I scan all of your post and know about the issue.
We are sorry that you send email to our email address and did not get a reply.
It seems we miss your email for some reason.
You can also send private message on Head-Fi, we will reply you in time.
Please note that we have report the issue you ask to our enginners, they will look it over and solve it.
We are also thank you for your comparison of AP60 and Shanling M1.

Mar 22, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #543 of 773
  Finally AP60 (1.05) worked with xDuoo. You have to raise the volume at 70-80 on ap60. Previous firmware (1.01) had fixed volume as transport and I haven't noticed it.

I want fixed volume. With fixed volume AP60 playing around 12 hours as transport on firmware 1.01. On firmware 1.05 playing time around 8 hours! and volume level smaller! bad firmware for transport...

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #544 of 773
Hi, I scan all of your post and know about the issue.
We are sorry that you send email to our email address and did not get a reply.
It seems we miss your email for some reason.
You can also send private message on Head-Fi, we will reply you in time.
Please note that we have report the issue you ask to our enginners, they will look it over and solve it.
We are also thank you for your comparison of AP60 and Shanling M1.

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to hearing from you with details about the upcoming firmware when available.

Mar 26, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #546 of 773
I've not scanned through the thread, but I'm interested in using this as a transport with my Mojo. The buttons... are they capacitive?

Yes, they are. The only caveat is they are located very close to each other so when you try to push "return" often you push "cursor right" instead. So the trick , in this case, is to push slightly above the position of the "return" button.

Mar 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #547 of 773
Ok. Thanks, I guess I'll look elsewhere then. I want "tactile" physical buttons. I have always had issues with Capacitive buttons... (maybe I'm a Zombie and don't know it... hence the cold finger tips).

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #551 of 773
This isn't strictly related to the AP60, but I was bored, so I came up with this. I'm sure many of us would like to have a cheap-ish "player" (where the sole focus is not on audio quality, perhaps on par with what the AP60 offers if the user WANTS to use it as a standalone from time to time), but rather as a fantastic little transport. Solid build quality, dual card slots, COAX out, bluetooth/Apt-X, touch screen, stacking kit.  

The AP60 works ok as a tiny transport, but I'd love to see it evolve into something great.

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #552 of 773
  This isn't strictly related to the AP60, but I was bored, so I came up with this. I'm sure many of us would like to have a cheap-ish "player" (where the sole focus is not on audio quality, perhaps on par with what the AP60 offers if the user WANTS to use it as a standalone from time to time), but rather as a fantastic little transport. Solid build quality, dual card slots, COAX out, bluetooth/Apt-X, touch screen, stacking kit.  

The AP60 works ok as a tiny transport, but I'd love to see it evolve into something great.

Good idea! We  are able to put all the functions you need in a new DAP. But with all of the function, the power dissipation of the DAP will be large. It needs  high-capacity  battery. It's difficult to make it in a tiny size.The price would be higher too. Also, we will design it in a more attractive appearance.Haha! But you get to the point, we are planning to launch one like this!

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #553 of 773
  Good idea! We  are able to put all the functions you need in a new DAP. But with all of the function, the power dissipation of the DAP will be large. It needs  high-capacity  battery. It's difficult to make it in a tiny size.The price would be higher too. Also, we will design it in a more attractive appearance.Haha! But you get to the point, we are planning to launch one like this!

Thanks for the reply. 

I get what you're saying. But for people who prefer to use external DACs (like Mojo or IFI, etc), we don't care about the internal DAC of the DAP. So, for us, it makes no sense to buy a DAP that has amazing internal dual DACs, as we won't be using them. 

Honestly, the AP60 doesn't sound bad for a low cost player at the $90 price-point, given all its functions. So if we could get a device that sounds like the AP60, has bluetooth, dual storage slots, a full touch screen, a couple of digital output options, good software, and good battery life, we really wouldn't mind paying $150-200 for such a device.  

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #554 of 773
Hello guys, i bought hidizs ap60 today on AliExpress. İ want to connect my xiaomi redmi pro usb/dac. My phone have a usb type c and hidizs micro b. Which cable i need for connecting hidizs to phone?
İs that work?
http://s.aliexpress.com/YVZJbEfu

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #555 of 773
hi, what is the latest firmware version? can somebody provide a working link to the latest firmware? the one in the official website doesn't seem to work. thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back