Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Apr 2, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #317 of 749
  Just got my AP 100 today.  Went to the website to download the latest firmware and found a spot to enter a serial number for my unit.  The bottom numbers on the box with one letter in it were entered and the site said that it was invalid.  It is 12 numbers on the box only.  Could not find anything on the unit itself or in the menus.  Also is there plastic on the screen when shipped, because there seems to be a small problem in the bottom left corner.  I attempted to put a screen protector on first so I ruined that one.  
Did get to listen to it and it sounds terrific, better than my x1 on regular res flac.

Thanks.....Now if they could only recognize my serial number...this is my 2nd unit.

IDK.  But I do know that I have 2 units and the AP 100's  serial number is not recognized.

Well, I went to check the website after seeing your post (oh my, they redesigned it, much better than the old one) and enter my ap100 SN to check.

Aaaaand it was not recognized too 
biggrin.gif
 Invalid serial number or something like that.

Which version of ap100 you own, the 1st gen or 2nd (the one with new logo on the back)?

Mine's the 1st gen.

Apr 3, 2015 at 6:23 AM Post #323 of 749
Flosa well, Hidizs said to me in private message that he believe it is a hardware problem and suggested me to request a replacement to seller, but i'm not sure if it is a hardware problem, i'm still waiting for 070 final fw

Apr 3, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #325 of 749
Flosa have you try my sollution? Even though its not really sollution but it works for about 2-3 weeks and the problem may happended again. Mine happended a week a go, and after do my sollution then works fine until now, if it happen many times in a week i will request for replacement

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #326 of 749
If it s still the same with all the firmwares it s a hardware problem i presume

I finally got the firmware to work.  I was copying the whole file not just the  "ap100.fw" portion.  It should be simpler, but I may have missed something along the way.  The serial number not working on both units has me scared though.  II am comparing both of the AP 100's to the X1 and so far on music I am liking the AP 100 more all set flat.  However the X1 has a better UI (Both AP 100's pause a little when scrolling up or down) is smaller and is less than half the cost, plus it will handle up to 128gb.  I do like the fact that the AP 100 becomes a one source solution, so it has become a tough choice.  I wonder if the X3 will be the all in one solution for under 250 range?

Apr 4, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #327 of 749
Guys, i need 070 beta 2 fw. Could someone upload somewhere except from baidu? I cant download from there. I want to test it with 256gb pny sd and give feedback to hidizs.

Apr 4, 2015 at 7:09 PM Post #328 of 749
Guys, i need 070 beta 2 fw. Could someone upload somewhere except from baidu? I cant download from there. I want to test it with 256gb pny sd and give feedback to hidizs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6M3GqZEdxc6M1VWQS1zNkhxWUk/view

Apr 7, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #330 of 749
  @HaypurTiryading So how's the 070 beta 2? is it stable?

I just installed it.  The first thing I noticed is, there's a balance control menu.  I had issues with beta 1 in DAC mode.  I'd start Foobar and hit play, but couldn't hear the audio.  I always had to restart Foobar to get the audio to work.  I hope that problem is fixed in beta 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back