Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Mar 1, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #256 of 749
I bought different brand sd to microsd adapter but different one is too big and not flexible for case. So i found yesterday a small and flexible one and purchased.

Here it is: http://www.dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001#.VPLF6PmsVps I hope it will came quickly and work flawlessly.  

Mar 3, 2015 at 9:16 PM Post #258 of 749
I'm just curious, did anyone tried the line out of the AP100?

Correct me If I'm wrong, but isn't the volume in line out supposed to be fix/unchangeable?

Just this morning I plugged my headphone to LO, and yes, I can't change the volume (previously it sets on 35).

But then I put my headphone to the HO, turn down the volume to 20, put back the headphone to LO, and the sound volume is lowered.

Is this normal for a LO? 
biggrin.gif

I did notice slight differences in sound though.

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #260 of 749
Just a quick update on my experience with the AP100
I sold my Fiio X5 (keeping my X3 with latest firmware) and purchased this unit - I personally found that this sounded better to my ears when using the headphone out direct to headphones compared to other players - I found there was no significant difference using the HO or the LO through a Fiio E12 amp and in fact preferred the HO direct - this is one of the few players that I have that are not improved by portable amp like the E12 or little dot MK1+ . The sound using LO through a better headphone amp like my Shanling PH300 or little dot MKIV did improve  but on the whole this player internal amp is pretty good.
I did initially have lots of problems using micro SD cards above 32GB and problems with the player updating the media library and then freezing up and not being able to play until i removed sd card and reset.
I found the Hidizs were very responsive to answering back my emails and providing the latest firmware to update and try and resolve problem - however what I found in the end was that my player at least did not like too many music files in the root directory of the microsd card - if I have over 100 files in the root directory the problem occurred - if I moved these into folders instead, the player had no problem updating and playing. I also tried having just 2-4 folders in the root directory and filling player with music (64gb of FLAC files) into these 4 folders and the player again would update the media library and then freeze up - spreading the files into more folders resolved the problem. - I repeated this with 32GB card and 64GB cards and could repeat this problem. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this - I did email Hidizs and ask if there was a file limit the player could handle and this was the only time I never had a response ??
I do really enjoy this player - I recently got a Shanling M3 for comparison which has a similar SRC upscaling function and this is also very good player and has a much better stable UI (and a shuffle function that actually appears to shuffle through all folders and files compared to many other players). The only current player I have that is better for sound quality to my ears is the Shozy alien - this however is very sensitive to some FLAC files and a number have a stutter/jitter that I have had to re convert
The AP100 is very much a quality sounding player but the UI is not as good as the Fiio x5 or M3 and does sound good without the need for external amp

Mar 4, 2015 at 2:37 PM Post #261 of 749
Now I'm using Sdxc Pny 256Gb /w ntfs formatted and again I never see a problem. My card and internal storage is everytime full. Photo is before transferring music to sdxc. 

Hum... SD card, are you sure ? The AP100 read only MicroSD card, no? How do you do what "miracle"? 
confused.gif

The biggest MicroSD card is the new Sandisk card "200 GB".

Mar 5, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #263 of 749
Just a quick update on my experience with the AP100
I sold my Fiio X5 (keeping my X3 with latest firmware) and purchased this unit - I personally found that this sounded better to my ears when using the headphone out direct to headphones compared to other players - I found there was no significant difference using the HO or the LO through a Fiio E12 amp and in fact preferred the HO direct - this is one of the few players that I have that are not improved by portable amp like the E12 or little dot MK1+ . The sound using LO through a better headphone amp like my Shanling PH300 or little dot MKIV did improve  but on the whole this player internal amp is pretty good.
I did initially have lots of problems using micro SD cards above 32GB and problems with the player updating the media library and then freezing up and not being able to play until i removed sd card and reset.
I found the Hidizs were very responsive to answering back my emails and providing the latest firmware to update and try and resolve problem - however what I found in the end was that my player at least did not like too many music files in the root directory of the microsd card - if I have over 100 files in the root directory the problem occurred - if I moved these into folders instead, the player had no problem updating and playing. I also tried having just 2-4 folders in the root directory and filling player with music (64gb of FLAC files) into these 4 folders and the player again would update the media library and then freeze up - spreading the files into more folders resolved the problem. - I repeated this with 32GB card and 64GB cards and could repeat this problem. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this - I did email Hidizs and ask if there was a file limit the player could handle and this was the only time I never had a response ??
I do really enjoy this player - I recently got a Shanling M3 for comparison which has a similar SRC upscaling function and this is also very good player and has a much better stable UI (and a shuffle function that actually appears to shuffle through all folders and files compared to many other players). The only current player I have that is better for sound quality to my ears is the Shozy alien - this however is very sensitive to some FLAC files and a number have a stutter/jitter that I have had to re convert
The AP100 is very much a quality sounding player but the UI is not as good as the Fiio x5 or M3 and does sound good without the need for external amp

Which fw is your Ap100? If yours is 069 official. i suggest you turn volume on to maximun then turn off LO control. And try LO again

Mar 8, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #264 of 749
Hi, what is the average battery life for your ap100? Mine just lasted 5-6 hours and it never reached 100% while charging, always stuck on 99%. Is that normal?

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:07 AM Post #266 of 749
I have 900 mp3s and 1800 lossles music in old msd card. Previous night playing in all shuffle mode and tested battery life. Test options: B&W P5 headphone and %50 (40/80) volume. Screen off and backlight minimum. Src setted to 24/176. Eq off. Results are interesting. Battery died in 7:30-8h. Only flac results 5-5:30h.

I'm curious about new fw. When it will be release? Any update yet? I saw 070 beta 1 on baidu but cant find link.

Mar 14, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #267 of 749
If anyone experience stutter, crackle in windows 7/8/8.1, i will help you. I solved the mine.

3 things cause issue:
1-Stock usb cable and usb port. Change stock cable to another good one. I'm using my old short Nokia cable. ( I didn't said bad usb port, if happens try another one)
2-Usb driver. (Try hidizs method. Disable the driver signature etc. and use only one working usb port/hub. Check your ports via device manager)
3-Check your dpc latency. Sometimes something in our system causes high latency times and creates popping/crackling/stuttering. Search google dpc latency. Also fix your cpu speed via turning of cool quiet or speed step help a bit. Mine lan card causes dpc issue and i disabled in bios and tadaa.

But i cant solve mac's stuttering/crackling problem. Why do this, i don't know.

I will try in Linux in a week. :wink:

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #268 of 749
Ok, after almost 3 weeks i test my AP100, and my problem still happen (see my older post), i tried everyone suggested but the problem come again and again, maybe i will return to Jaben and see what happen then..

just recorded this video, "turn off itself" problem while playing music still happen:

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #269 of 749
Your folder is too crowded i think. It have about 1000 songs. Try to divide 2 or more parts. And try again.

Another one, firmware maybe causes. Delete all files inside the onboard memory and keep empty if possible. Try these steps. Try hard reset first, after reset all settings from options, format tf card and use microsofts formatter. Try ntfs file system. Reflash 069 final fw, be careful on every step. Reset settings again and copy divided musics via ap100s usb.

And if it happens again, try rma/service option.

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #270 of 749
  Ok, after almost 3 weeks i test my AP100, and my problem still happen (see my older post), i tried everyone suggested but the problem come again and again, maybe i will return to Jaben and see what happen then..

just recorded this video, "turn off itself" problem while playing music still happen:

Yes, your folder seems to have too many songs for the device to begin with. At least divide into 2 or 3 folders. Follow the steps as @HaypurTiryading stated. Hope it works. Good luck! 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back