Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 26, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #241 of 749

I did, seems works for a moment, but this morning the problem happened again, so i think NTFS format using HP Formatter still can't solved the problem

okay, i'll wait..

========================================

Well, formatting my 64Gb card to Fat32 or NTFS using HP Formatter didn't work. And my problem getting weird right now, found my 1Gb card (Fat32) got the same problem this morning, AND, i try with no card the problem still appear, not while playing music but after i turn off then it turn on by itself after for about 25s, here's the video:

Did you reset to factory default settings after installing fw?

Update Instructions:

1. Download and unzip

2. Copy ‘AP100.fw’ to the root of your MicroSD card (Make sure it is on FAT32 format)

3. Reset your AP100 to factory default settings

4. Turn off your AP100, then turn on again while holding ‘back’ button

5. AP100 will be rebooted into recovery mode, firmware update will be started automatically

6. Reboot and reset your updated AP100 to factory default settings

7. Enjoy your refreshed AP100 with 069 firmware!

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #246 of 749
  Are you using sd card?
If so, try using another card, or just try it without any card.

I had the same problem with you in my first week of using AP100 (still in fw 067 i think, see my older post).

I switched the card (fat32 format) with another card (fat32 format too, smaller capacity) and the problem's gone. Looks like the bigger sd card is broken.

Well but I also hit the super tiny reset button at the side quite a few times before the problem completely solved, so don't really know which one solved my problem 
biggrin.gif

(it was a month ago so I could safely say my AP100 is stable, even after firmware update to 069 beta and 069 final, at least for now 
rolleyes.gif
)

Thanks for the reply..

But now I have serious problem with my AP100, the device turned off by itself after a view seconds, i set auto off for 30 minutes. After it turned off, it starts to turn on by itself after a view minutes..

What should i do? Is my AP100 broken or something? My AP100 is new, i bought it last month

After using the AP100 for about half a year (got it mid 2014) this problem also cropped up for me around mid Jan. Nothing worked. With SD, without SD, songs on internal, empty internal storage, poking the reset button, doing factory reset in the menu, and upgrading to 067, 068 and 069 beta.
In the end it would just turn itself on if left alone, if hold switch was on it would then repeatedly turn itself on and off till 0% battery. Had to send it back for warranty as it was unusable. Still in the process, will update you guys with the outcome.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #247 of 749
@hte80 i set auto off to 2m, so when it turn itself on so after 2m the device automatically off, even though after a view seconds it turn itself on again.. repeatedly. Maybe 2m auto off function is the temporary way to solved the "turn itself on" problem
confused.gif
this is so weird.

I hope @Hidizs hear us

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #248 of 749
@dragonsan16 - wouldnt hold out hope. http://www.head-fi.org/t/721487/review-of-hidizs-ap100-portable-hifi-music-player/345#post_11265366 Already posted and "tagged" the Hidiz team on the other AP100 thread. Still no replies from them. Just hope that they manage to fix my unit when they get around to it.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #249 of 749
@dragonsan16 Does the problem still happen after upgrading to 069?
 @hte80 Have you updated to fw 069 official version?

We found this bug in previous version, but it should be fixed in official 069.

Sorry that we are not able to answer every questions all the time, but we will try our best to do so.

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #250 of 749
@Hidizs: Thanks for the reply. No I was not able to try 069 final, at the time when I had the problem 069b3 was the latest firmwares which I did try (firmware supplied by Penon). After that did not work I returned my unit to Penon for warranty servicing as I mentioned above, now waiting for you guys to get around to taking a look at my unit.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #251 of 749
@dragonsan16
 Does the problem still happen after upgrading to 069?

Yes, when i'm still in 067 fw for about 3 weeks i didn't found anything problems, these problems came in a view days after upgrading to official 069 fw. Even though i like 069's changes than the 067.

I tried to format my 64gb card to Fat32 using guiformat, seems work, never "turn off itself" while playing music, but i'll update for couple weeks if it is really work.

And the "turn on itself" problem still there in official 069 fw

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:16 AM Post #252 of 749
Alright, some news here. As per message sent to me by Hidisz this morning, the AP100 player can support DSD files of 2.8 MHz only. Files of 5.6 MHz or higher cannot be played on AP100 at this time. Please take note of that when buying hi-resolution music online as it could be a waste of money for you. This information is not available anywhere officially from Hidisz yet and I hope they'll announce it in the nearest time.

Feb 27, 2015 at 7:20 AM Post #253 of 749
I use 6m auto off and it works fine, but only starting from FW069. I had the same problem before throughout FW067 and FW068. After I installed FW069 over FW069 beta, the problem dissappeared. Maybe one of the key things is that I use the reset pinhole button after every upgrade instead of resetting to defaults in the menu.

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #254 of 749
I used microsd Sandisk 64Gb Ultra /w ntfs formatted and I never see a problem, freezing or crazy resetting issues. Firmware is final 069. Now I'm using Sdxc Pny 256Gb /w ntfs formatted and again I never see a problem. My card and internal storage is everytime full. Photo is before transferring music to sdxc. My cards always formatted /w windows, quick formatted, no name ( or whatever you say no label tagged, empty name), default allocation size and ntfs. Also I didn't format my cards seperately. I format my cards via Ap100's usb connection.
AF8B3C91-4AA5-45A9-9FED-046CA58B8B7C_zpsykdl425m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back