Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 21, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #226 of 749
  Please can anyone explain, how does the software DSD support work? Neither of my dsf or dff files are played. The player shows the files, can upsample using SRC button but when attempted to play, it says file not supported. It does not work in FW 069 obviously. Anyone tried this?

I've tried with single rate 2.8MHz/64fs dsf files today. Absolutely flawless. Another great working feature! Many thanks Hidzis team
beerchug.gif

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #227 of 749
  hi.. just upgraded my AP100 into the newest firmware, i think the sound more natural, and i noticed the bass more controlled (on my headphone) because previously the bass is very strong in a couple songs with previous firmware, i dont know whether my ears already accustomed or exactly because the affect of new firmware, i just feel the bass is like more smooth..

But, i also noticed that the sound more nice if i play 1 to 3 songs first, i feel the first song i played after turn on my AP100 is not sounds as good as after i played 1 or more songs afterwards. Is that internal dac/amp in the AP100 need to be heating up just like a tube amp?

And one more, i still dont understand what is "SP" stand for? http://postimg.org/image/i6yg5ijir/

SP means SPDIF
it shows white color when coaxial output/input is inactivated , and theme color when it is activated.

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #228 of 749
  SP means SPDIF
it shows white color when coaxial output/input is inactivated , and theme color when it is activated.

Thanks for the reply..

But now I have serious problem with my AP100, the device turned off by itself after a view seconds, i set auto off for 30 minutes. After it turned off, it starts to turn on by itself after a view minutes..

What should i do? Is my AP100 broken or something? My AP100 is new, i bought it last month

Feb 24, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #229 of 749

Thanks for the reply..

But now I have serious problem with my AP100, the device turned off by itself after a view seconds, i set auto off for 30 minutes. After it turned off, it starts to turn on by itself after a view minutes..

What should i do? Is my AP100 broken or something? My AP100 is new, i bought it last month

Are you using sd card?
If so, try using another card, or just try it without any card.

I had the same problem with you in my first week of using AP100 (still in fw 067 i think, see my older post).

I switched the card (fat32 format) with another card (fat32 format too, smaller capacity) and the problem's gone. Looks like the bigger sd card is broken.

Well but I also hit the super tiny reset button at the side quite a few times before the problem completely solved, so don't really know which one solved my problem 
biggrin.gif

(it was a month ago so I could safely say my AP100 is stable, even after firmware update to 069 beta and 069 final, at least for now 
rolleyes.gif
)

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #230 of 749
  Are you using sd card?
If so, try using another card, or just try it without any card.

I had the same problem with you in my first week of using AP100 (still in fw 067 i think, see my older post).

I switched the card (fat32 format) with another card (fat32 format too, smaller capacity) and the problem's gone. Looks like the bigger sd card is broken.

Well but I also hit the super tiny reset button at the side quite a few times before the problem completely solved, so don't really know which one solved my problem 
biggrin.gif

(it was a month ago so I could safely say my AP100 is stable, even after firmware update to 069 beta and 069 final, at least for now 
rolleyes.gif
)

Yes, SanDisk Ultra 64gb formated in NTFS as a suggested by WeirdG in older post.. I think we have the same problem, now i'm listening for a view songs with internal storage then the problem dissapeared..

well now i try to reformatted the card in Fat32, but i have to search 3rd party software to do it. Any recomended software? I'll try with HP USB Storage Format Tool

=========================================

BTW Anyone using 128 GB with AP100? Is there any problem?

Feb 24, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #231 of 749

Yes, SanDisk Ultra 64gb formated in NTFS as a suggested by WeirdG in older post.. I think we have the same problem, now i listed for a view songs with internal storage then the problem dissapeared..

well now i try to reformatted the card in Fat32, but i have to search 3rd party software to do it. Any recomended software?

I don't have any particular formatter software, since I use the default one from Windows 8.

But I suggest you to try other card first, because I had reformat the problematic card to fat32 and the problem is still there.

Feb 25, 2015 at 1:31 AM Post #232 of 749
  I don't have any particular formatter software, since I use the default one from Windows 8.

But I suggest you to try other card first, because I had reformat the problematic card to fat32 and the problem is still there.

Well you're right, after format my 64 gb card to Fat32 the problem still exist. My friend also had the same problem with me and he suggested using 32 gb card and works fine.

Unfortunately i don't have another card right now but i have a 1 gb in my old GPS, so i formatted to Fat32 then copying some musics to AP100. Seems working fine, no crazy rebooting appear after playback many times.

I'm sure my 64 gb card is not broken, i've tried using it to another device and it work fine.

Dear @Hidizs many users had similar problem with 64 gb card either it formatted to Fat32 or NTFS, is it a real bug that can't be solved yet until 069 fw?

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:11 AM Post #233 of 749
Geez, IDK why some are having this problem. I am using a 64GB card fat32 format and no problem whatsoever. It's a shame if you will be limited to 32GB only.

Feb 25, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #235 of 749
3rd party. I don't think Windows 8.1 can format 64GB card fat32 natively. Not that I know of anyway.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:01 AM Post #236 of 749
3rd party. I don't think Windows 8.1 can format 64GB card fat32 natively. Not that I know of anyway.

Did you try HP usb formatter as @WeirdG suggested?

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #238 of 749

may i know what is the name of the software? i will try with my 64gb card..

i'm using HP formatter, but not works at all with Fat32, i'm curious if with another software can solved the problem..

Also try to format to NTFS by using HP formatter and let us know if it helps.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #239 of 749
may i know what is the name of the software? i will try with my 64gb card..

i'm using HP formatter, but not works at all with Fat32, i'm curious if with another software can solved the problem..

Can't remember what I used. I am at work right now, I will check with my laptop later.

Feb 26, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #240 of 749

Also try to format to NTFS by using HP formatter and let us know if it helps.

I did, seems works for a moment, but this morning the problem happened again, so i think NTFS format using HP Formatter still can't solved the problem

Can't remember what I used. I am at work right now, I will check with my laptop later.

okay, i'll wait..

========================================

Well, formatting my 64Gb card to Fat32 or NTFS using HP Formatter didn't work. And my problem getting weird right now, found my 1Gb card (Fat32) got the same problem this morning, AND, i try with no card the problem still appear, not while playing music but after i turn off then it turn on by itself after for about 25s, here's the video:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back