Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 12, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #211 of 749
I've just tested the DAC function with my Linux laptop. Works like a charm 
smily_headphones1.gif

Great work!

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:49 AM Post #214 of 749
Hello,

I would like to commend Hidizs for the AP100, especially with the ongoing improvements brought to it by the frequent firmware updates.

This is often a weak point for many companies, who offer great hardware but poor software support, leaving promises unfulfilled.

If I could have a wish for the next release, it would be a very simple one : improve the "now playing" display in "navigation by folder" mode.

Originally the AP100 didn't support MP3 tags, so that was the only mode available (which suits me fine, as I don't use tags either).

But isn't it strange to have a nice big colour display, and so little information on it ?

At present it only shows the song title : actually it is really the file name, with extension (not needed, as the file type is shown elsewhere).

What most DAPs have been doing for a long time, is to also show the two levels of folders above the current file, which generally amounts to "Artist" and "Album" for most people who use a folder structure.

Also, it bugs me that the nice colour screen always display the same static background, although I have "folder.jpg" files in all my folders.
As I don't have tags, they are not used (or do I need to change the name for the cover to be displayed ?).

I would love to see these two simple changes in a future update !

Thank you for your attention,
FP

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #215 of 749
Just setup my AP100 as a USB DAC in Win7, and it installed without any issues.  I'm using Foobar with it right now.  Sounds really good.

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #216 of 749
Thanks Hidizs for creating this awesome update! Really think that this FW really amplifies the overall great 
value of this DAP. Was really looking forward to the USB-DAC option. :D

I compiled the various changes and installation instructions all in: One Post

Hope that helps! Everyone upgrade! This one is worth it...

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:30 AM Post #217 of 749
In the next update I hope you guys will include playing through folders (after playing everysong in a folder, the player will go to the next folder and keep playing music not playing songs in the same folder again)

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #220 of 749
  Thanks Hidizs for creating this awesome update! Really think that this FW really amplifies the overall great 
value of this DAP. Was really looking forward to the USB-DAC option. :D

I compiled the various changes and installation instructions all in: One Post

Hope that helps! Everyone upgrade! This one is worth it...

Very nice! Thanks for the article.
beerchug.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #221 of 749
hi.. just upgraded my AP100 into the newest firmware, i think the sound more natural, and i noticed the bass more controlled (on my headphone) because previously the bass is very strong in a couple songs with previous firmware, i dont know whether my ears already accustomed or exactly because the affect of new firmware, i just feel the bass is like more smooth..

But, i also noticed that the sound more nice if i play 1 to 3 songs first, i feel the first song i played after turn on my AP100 is not sounds as good as after i played 1 or more songs afterwards. Is that internal dac/amp in the AP100 need to be heating up just like a tube amp?

And one more, i still dont understand what is "SP" stand for? http://postimg.org/image/i6yg5ijir/

Feb 19, 2015 at 4:02 AM Post #223 of 749
Please can anyone explain, how does the software DSD support work? Neither of my dsf or dff files are played. The player shows the files, can upsample using SRC button but when attempted to play, it says file not supported. It does not work in FW 069 obviously. Anyone tried this?

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #225 of 749
Has anyone experienced backlight problem? When I opened the hidizs, backlight brigthness resets itself. I'm using lowest setting but everytime I see full brightness. Also brightness circle didn't show until I change it again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back