Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 11, 2015 at 7:55 PM Post #182 of 749
Thanks for the 069 firmware, great work Hidizs team!
Native flac 192/24 playback has been fixed 
beerchug.gif

But I still have the issue with no sound after fresh boot, sometimes. Maybe my unit is defective?    

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #183 of 749
upgraded to official FW69 without a hitch. UI is better & faster. now for the meat of the matter....

while i dont have any claims to golden ears (more wooden than anything), this latest FW does seem to sound smoother or perhaps the word should be more refined without losing any micro/macro details. listen to my pair of Phonak PFE232s as we speak & they sound great

good job HIDIZS!!!

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #185 of 749
im getting about 5-6hrs life out of mine (previous FWs) but then i do fiddle around with it quite abit. no vids though.

btw HIDIZS, is it confirmed that FW69 supports 128gb microsd cards?

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #186 of 749
im getting about 5-6hrs life out of mine (previous FWs) but then i do fiddle around with it quite abit. no vids though.

btw HIDIZS, is it confirmed that FW69 supports 128gb microsd cards?

Yes, it supports 128gb sd card now.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #187 of 749
  "first press and hold the "return" button and then press the power button for 3 seconds" ... and nothing happens. I tried it with powered off device as well as with powered on. still nothing happens. some suggestions as to what i am doing wrong?

This didn't work for me either. The instructions are misleading because it says "START" a couple of steps above.  However, this procedure only works if the unit is OFF first. Otherwise, pressing "Return" + "Power" will simply shut the unit down. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #188 of 749
Gapless seems to be functioning very well, which is a huge upgrade. 

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no FastForward or FastRewind function.  Holding down the back/forward buttons should really allow fast search.  This is especially important in a design with no touch screen method of advancing through longer tracks. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #189 of 749
This

I'm a bit disappointed that there's no FastForward or FastRewind function.  Holding down the back/forward buttons should really allow fast search.  This is especially important in a design with no touch screen method of advancing through longer tracks. 
this may be a problem because I have over 9000 tracks

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:30 PM Post #190 of 749
How do I know the battery is fully charged after the upgrade to 069?
In the previous FW versions the battery charge indicator was permanently visible, now the screen goes off and when I press any button the startup menu will be displayed.
Pressing on/off button shows shortly the charging battery, but it goes off again.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #191 of 749
Yes, it supports 128gb sd card now.

woohooo! 128gb makes it just about perfect! now if only the deals for such card were to follow.....
biggrin.gif

my ffrwd & frwd (bottom & top of wheel) works just fine. goes slow & progressively faster.

How do I know the battery is fully charged after the upgrade to 069?
In the previous FW versions the battery charge indicator was permanently visible, now the screen goes off and when I press any button the startup menu will be displayed.
Pressing on/off button shows shortly the charging battery, but it goes off again.

battery bar shows up whenever the display is on for me. perchance have u guys done the restore factory default & reboot sequence after FW install?

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #192 of 749

my ffrwd & frwd (bottom & top of wheel) works just fine. goes slow & progressively faster.

You are correct!  My mistake.  I would never have expected the UP/DOWN buttons to control FF and RW.  Logically, one would think the LEFT/RIGHT buttons would do that, so I just never tried it. 

I also see that the UP/DOWN buttons also allow faster browsing through lists, which is also helpful. 

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #194 of 749

You are correct!  My mistake.  I would never have expected the UP/DOWN buttons to control FF and RW.  Logically, one would think the LEFT/RIGHT buttons would do that, so I just never tried it. 

I also see that the UP/DOWN buttons also allow faster browsing through lists, which is also helpful. 

yes it is quite counter intuitive to have ff & fw being bottom & top button. O well it is a chiDAP afterall & not Apple 
tongue.gif

been playing with it a bit more now & im very liking FW69. everyone should update to this FW !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back