Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 11, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #166 of 749
Thank you very much! I suppose this is a translation of Hidizs' instructions.

So I need to put the new FW file on a separate SD card (and even to one that is completely out of the player when I do it) rather that  to copy it to the own memory of the device.

Sounds a bit weird to me given that the manual says the usb port serves for software updates.

Feb 11, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #167 of 749
I have just copied and pasted the English version I downloaded before.

I don't connect my unit directly to copy files from PC as my experience with it was terrible. Realllllly slow.

When I updated today, I used my card with my music and there was no problem.

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #169 of 749
For LO control, I vol up to 40 and I go to setting menu and off my LO control, it will soften to the LO preset volume. But when I on back LO control it never go back to the existing volume which is a bit louder. Is it the way it supposed to be?

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #170 of 749
im recently updated my fw to 069.
imo, the sound more netral or natural..
n more responsive
i like it, good job hidizs

im read in this thread there are hidizs mode, but i can find it? can anybody explained where i can find it?

thx before..

pardon my yoda english..

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #171 of 749
Hidizs mode disappeared in options. I remember it exist in latest beta.

Feb 11, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #172 of 749
Yes, where is the Hidizs mode?

Regarding the sound, I felt it is less warmer than before which made it sound more neutral, more airy and the instrument separation seems more apparent. I like it better than before and I can say now that I prefer the AP100 over my X5 when paired with my Oppo PM-2. Very happy with the update!

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #173 of 749
  Yes, where is the Hidizs mode?

Regarding the sound, I felt it is less warmer than before which made it sound more neutral, more airy and the instrument separation seems more apparent. I like it better than before and I can say now that I prefer the AP100 over my X5 when paired with my Oppo PM-2. Very happy with the update!

How about just headphones between the two?

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #174 of 749
Feb 11, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #176 of 749
Oppo PM-2 is a headphone not external amp if that is what you were alluding to. I have mentioned previously that I prefer the X5 when using Oppo PM-2 whilst I prefer the AP100 when paired with AKG Q701 or Senn Momentum. Perhaps because AP100 'was' too warm and too smooth. With the new FW, I seem to prefer the AP100 now on all my headphones.

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #177 of 749
BTW, I tried the LO option. So what is does is just lock the existing volume when the LO mode is switched to OFF? A ridiculous mode if that is only what it does... 
basshead.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #178 of 749
AP100 upgrade firmware steps
一、 Prepare
1、 Turn off the machine
2、 Remove the memory card
3、 Copy the file “AP100.fw” to the root directory of the memory card.
Make sure the memory card is FAT32 format。
二、 Start
1、 Insert the above memory card.
2、 First Press and hold the “Return” button, and then press the power button for 3 seconds.
3、 The machine automatically enters the upgrade screen, and display “updating …”
4、 After the upgrade is complete, the screen displays the “update success”, and the machine will automatically reboot and enter the main screen.
If the file is not in the root directory of the memory card,The screen will display “update file not found”
三、 End
1、 System Settings ->Restore Factory Defaults ->Ok
2、 Turn off the machine after enter the main screen.
3、 Remove the memory card
4、 Delete the AP100.fw file
5、 Start the AP100
6、 Have fun.

"first press and hold the "return" button and then press the power button for 3 seconds" ... and nothing happens. I tried it with powered off device as well as with powered on. still nothing happens. some suggestions as to what i am doing wrong?

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #179 of 749
Nice work Hidizs, if only all DAP manufacturers were this responsive to customer feedback.

The player sounds great as well; has anything changed in the FW which would affect the sound or am I just imagining an improvement?

Edit. It sounds like a different (i.e. better) player, in fact!

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #180 of 749
1- Is your card fat32 formatted and empty? If its empty and fat32 formatted, put AP100.fw file directly to the root folder of card. My suggestion, use another micro sd for update process. I used 512mb my old microsd.
2- Fully charged hidizs better for update. If your device fully charged, turn off the device. Insert your card. (prepared another card) At the same time, press the power and return(back) button and don't release. When you see updating title, release buttons. 
3- After update, turn back default settings in options. 
4- Turn off the device, Insert your media card which contains songs etc.
5- Turn on, Now hidizs scan your songs and create own database. 
6- Customize your device and listen. Works for me. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back