Hidizs AP100 (DAP) Support Team - Now on Head-fi!
Feb 10, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #151 of 749
What's the point? I asked one of my electronics teacher about this, he told me they probably didn't bypass the whole amp section but still use the pre-amp stage, unlike Fiio X3 and the new AK lineup.

Feb 10, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #152 of 749
What's the point? I asked one of my electronics teacher about this, he told me they probably didn't bypass the whole amp section but still use the pre-amp stage, unlike Fiio X3 and the new AK lineup.

If it's like the iBasso units, the DAC chip.itself has a digital volume control which is also used by the player. So adjustable line out, bypassing the headphone amp, is perfectly normal.

Feb 10, 2015 at 7:35 PM Post #154 of 749
Hidizs need a pure firmware or enhanced firmware version like qls's pure wav firmware.
1- Only wav, flac and dsd. No lossy support. If hidizs plays dsd natively, (heavy breathing) :D
2- No album artwork, no eq, no unnecessarry features. Src and Hidizs Mode optional in settings.
3- Completely new coax menu. I think coax should work only in a coax menu. In normal fw, Coax detection always run in the background and coax decrease the battery life. I found another issue. Src won't work with coax.
4- 3 step gain option like, 0-16 ohm, 16-100ohm, 100-300 ohm
5- 256gb sdxc support. I can test :wink:
6- Fixed lineout.
7- Usb mode selector. ( Charging or data transfer) Any possibility for usb dac mode? Usb to coax convertors decrease sound quality. I'm not very hapy with coax convertors.

I believe, after all these hidizs' sq increased dramatically.

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #156 of 749
  069 firmware is available for download now.
Major updates include USB-DAC function, Softwre DSD support, Gapless playback support and more!

Download now:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hThmSfy5MbQVpJRVhUS1JxcWs/view?usp=sharing

Woohoo!!!

Feb 11, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #157 of 749
I've looked at the changelog, quite a change. Kudos Hidizs!

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #158 of 749
  069 firmware is available for download now.
Major updates include USB-DAC function, Softwre DSD support, Gapless playback support and more!

Download now:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6hThmSfy5MbQVpJRVhUS1JxcWs/view?usp=sharing

This is fantastic. 
smile_phones.gif
 I will share my impressions. Thank you. I'm waiting for you to raised capacity support.

Last of all i have a question. Can sd to micro sd convertors work with hidizs? Because i'm going to buy these kind of converters /w 256Gb Pny Sd. 

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sintech-SDHC-SD-card-to-micro-SD-TF-extension-adapter-FPC-cable-for-mobile-phone-/221149974785?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337d90d101

Feb 11, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #159 of 749
Installed the laest FW and I like what I am seeing already. This is so much better than before. Now I have yet to do some listening and I hope the SQ is better as well.

I also noticed that my battery level is 2 bars before updating and it became 3 bars after the update. LOL. Will report back later.

Feb 11, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #160 of 749

This is fantastic. 
smile_phones.gif
 I will share my impressions. Thank you. I'm waiting for you to raised capacity support.

Last of all i have a question. Can sd to micro sd convertors work with hidizs? Because i'm going to buy these kind of converters /w 256Gb Pny Sd. 

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sintech-SDHC-SD-card-to-micro-SD-TF-extension-adapter-FPC-cable-for-mobile-phone-/221149974785?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337d90d101

We don't recommend to use this kind of converter.
And the max. external capacity is 128Gb.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #162 of 749
  USB DAC function not working on Windows 8.1, the driver is not installing.

I didn't try the usb-dac function yet but check this.  https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/disabling-driver-signature-on-windows-8/disabling-signed-driver-enforcement-on-windows-8

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #164 of 749
Please, excuse me if it has already been explained!

How do I change the firmware?

On Hidizs site there are instructions in Chinese only and the translation of Google Translate is complete mess.

Thanks!

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #165 of 749
AP100 upgrade firmware steps
一、 Prepare
1、 Turn off the machine
2、 Remove the memory card
3、 Copy the file “AP100.fw” to the root directory of the memory card.
Make sure the memory card is FAT32 format。
二、 Start
1、 Insert the above memory card.
2、 First Press and hold the “Return” button, and then press the power button for 3 seconds.
3、 The machine automatically enters the upgrade screen, and display “updating …”
4、 After the upgrade is complete, the screen displays the “update success”, and the machine will automatically reboot and enter the main screen.
If the file is not in the root directory of the memory card,The screen will display “update file not found”
三、 End
1、 System Settings ->Restore Factory Defaults ->Ok
2、 Turn off the machine after enter the main screen.
3、 Remove the memory card
4、 Delete the AP100.fw file
5、 Start the AP100
6、 Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back