HiBy Zeta - Tribrid quad-EST 5-way full-range flagship IEM
Mar 19, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #31 of 64
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 1, 2023 at 9:56 AM Post #32 of 64
I might just buy a pair. The most intriguing thing about these is that they look small. I have small ears so I'm pretty much stuck with the low driver count in iems and I never really check out the flagship stuff.

Can you guys share some pictures with different iems (small and large) for scale?

Apr 2, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #33 of 64
I might just buy a pair. The most intriguing thing about these is that they look small. I have small ears so I'm pretty much stuck with the low driver count in iems and I never really check out the flagship stuff.

Can you guys share some pictures with different iems (small and large) for scale?
They are pretty small for being a tribrid including dynamics. I've seen and used my fair share of hi-end IEMs in my time so I can confirm that, but right now don't have anything suitable on hand to put next to them I'm afraid.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 2, 2023 at 4:20 AM Post #34 of 64
Today we review the new Zeta on Headfonia. An article by @Virtu Fortuna

https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-zeta-review/

chrome_2023-04-02_10-14-03.png

Apr 18, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #35 of 64
Hey guys, my full review of HiBy's flagship IEM, Zeta, is now online here.

Zeta_19.jpg

This one took me completely by surprise. I expected little more than a very decent companion IEM. It has since evolved into one of the most enjoyable IEMs I've heard, and sits alongside Z1R as my current picks for my library and preferences. The review dives deep into sound impressions and comparisons, in case you're interested. Not trying to hype it - as always, try before you buy, but I really think this one is worth a demo.

Apr 24, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #36 of 64
Hi folks, my review of Zeta, including comparisons with my U12T and Andromeda 2020, is online on head-fi and my blog. The review is also available on my YouTube channel if you prefer watching / listening:

The kilo-buck market can be challenging for buyers and manufacturers alike. When entering this market, cost considerations often take a back seat to the pursuit of quality. The two most important questions for me are: (1) Does this IEM belong in this price range? and (2) What kind of sound does it offer? In the case of the HiBy Zeta, I believe the answer to the first question is “yes.” As for the second question, the Zeta has a pleasant tonality and presentation that most people will enjoy unless they seek the most pristine and open listening experience. Overall, I recommend the HiBy Zeta, but with some reservations.

Pros:
  • Warm and engaging tonality
  • Bouncy, fun, yet controlled bass
  • Refined and detailed treble response
  • Resolving and detailed
  • High-level soundstage and imaging
Cons:
  • Soundstage lacks diffusion to be holographic
  • Lower-midrange might be too thick for some recordings
  • Treble air could be more highlighted

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #37 of 64
Hi folks, my review of Zeta, including comparisons with my U12T and Andromeda 2020, is online on head-fi and my blog. The review is also available on my YouTube channel if you prefer watching / listening:

Great review. I'm still perplexed as to how this IEM isn't getting a wider audience. Maybe production issues?

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #38 of 64
Great review. I'm still perplexed as to how this IEM isn't getting a wider audience. Maybe production issues?
Probably they need more exposure, in the shape of more reviews.

I'm interested in these because of their shape and size. (They should be one of the smallest tribrids out there) but in both reviews you guys adressed lpw upper treble and bassy/warm tonality which makes me kind of reluctant for now.

Apr 24, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #39 of 64

I'm interested in these because of their shape and size. (They should be one of the smallest tribrids out there) but in both reviews you guys adressed lpw upper treble and bassy/warm tonality which makes me kind of reluctant for now.
Yeah you have to really enjoy the tuning of any IEM, let alone one at this price point. I really do, it's exactly what I look for - warm/fun + technically excellent - and Zeta ticks all the boxes. If one of that 'brand names' were to release this type of IEM you'd see it selling for much more.

Apr 24, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #40 of 64

I say this is a solid alternative to U6T and Nio (buying new). I would personally pick this over both, if I am on the market for one with this kind of signature. I might pick it over Monarch II as well, due to the bass. However, it is noticeably more expensive than Monarch II, so it would be less “no brainer” than with the 64 audio pairs.

Apr 24, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #41 of 64
I think because it is expensive, and Hiby is not exactly trusted when it comes to IEMs. Since there are so few reviews, people would think us as nut-jobs or bought reviews. Maybe Hiby should do a bigger tour. I am personally surprised by how decent both this one and the Crystal6II are. The drivers used are also new and high-end (quad EST, liquid silicone DD). From a certain perspective, Zeta is “good value” due to the drivers.

Apr 25, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #42 of 64
I think because it is expensive, and Hiby is not exactly trusted when it comes to IEMs. Since there are so few reviews, people would think us as nut-jobs or bought reviews. Maybe Hiby should do a bigger tour. I am personally surprised by how decent both this one and the Crystal6II are. The drivers used are also new and high-end (quad EST, liquid silicone DD). From a certain perspective, Zeta is “good value” due to the drivers.
Yes I agree. With Z1R as my constant, and the likes of Xe6 and Rn6 in rotation at the moment, I fully expected this to be a 'nice but no thanks' IEM. Was caught off guard when I enjoyed it instantly out the box, and even more so after burn-in. Now that I've found the right tips, it's a set I reach for as often as the other 'fancied' sets when I do personal listening, and I'm under no obligation to do so. And yes, I'd take these over any of the 64A sets I've used and owned, even Fourte.

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #43 of 64
Anyone can comment on these versus Beyer Xelento both sound wise AND size wise? I'm stuck with Xelento for several years now mostly because of their size/comfort since I often sleep on the side with my IEM. The Zeta on the pics seem "relatively" small and comfy but I have yet to see them side by side with something else or someone pictured wearing them. Many thanks.

Apr 25, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #44 of 64
Anyone can comment on these versus Beyer Xelento both sound wise AND size wise? I'm stuck with Xelento for several years now mostly because of their size/comfort since I often sleep on the side with my IEM. The Zeta on the pics seem "relatively" small and comfy but I have yet to see them side by side with something else or someone pictured wearing them. Many thanks.
They're compact for tribrids but not small enough to sleep on the side with.

Apr 25, 2023 at 6:30 PM Post #45 of 64
They're compact for tribrids but not small enough to sleep on the side with.
Snif snif, thanks a lot, though I was expecting this answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back