HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Sep 3, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #3,031 of 3,181
@22 ohms 94db it requires a little more power than other IEMs but RS6 in balanced can do 690mv @32 ohms is enough to drive it to the full potential IMO.
:gs1000smile:Thank you so much!

Sep 3, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #3,032 of 3,181
:beyersmile:Hello, I'd like to ask if the Hiby RS6 can be paired with the Elysian Annihilator. I've read some reviews, and they all say that the Elysian Annihilator is a rather hard-to-drive IEM.
I have both the Annihilator 23 and the RS6. The RS6 drives it without an issue.

Sep 4, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #3,035 of 3,181
Tell the HiBy RS6 owner how much the sound changes with burning and how much time it will take?
It sounded great to me from day one. I felt that it's the best DAP for me when I compared it to RS8.
Does it sound better than before I am not really sure. But I am liking it more than before.

If you already have RS6 and you like it, then it's only going to get better. If it's the other way, then it's not your cup of tea IMO.

Sep 5, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #3,037 of 3,181
It sounded great to me from day one. I felt that it's the best DAP for me when I compared it to RS8.
I'm curious on which criteria does is beat RS8 for you? Aside from money in your pocket? hahaha

Sep 5, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #3,038 of 3,181
I'm curious on which criteria does is beat RS8 for you? Aside from money in your pocket? hahaha
I always prefer warmer and thicker sound of RS6. RS8 sounded leaner in comparison, notes have less weight. The bass was tighter but it left me wanting for more, I was pushing for more volume than RS6 and it sounded harsher in some songs.

You can say that RS8 is more refined and resolving but it just didn't cut for me. So, I decided to stick to RS6.

It's a matter of preference IMO.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #3,039 of 3,181
I always prefer warmer and thicker sound of RS6. RS8 sounded leaner in comparison, notes have less weight. The bass was tighter but it left me wanting for more, I was pushing for more volume than RS6 and it sounded harsher in some songs.

You can say that RS8 is more refined and resolving but it just didn't cut for me. So, I decided to stick to RS6.

It's a matter of preference IMO.

I have both and find myself reaching for the RS6 more often than for the RS8 for that reason exactly + for what the RS6 does with female vocals ☺️

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #3,040 of 3,181
Question for RS6/8 owners, can you plug in a USB C adapter into the USB port and get HDMI video out from it?
Thinking of using my RS6 for watching films on an external HDMI monitor while using the line out for headphone amp.

There is always a bit of lag if I use RS6 as a USB DAC for audio from my iPad, so wanting to find a better solution...

I tried it last night with my RS6 and a basic USB C hub and my monitor doesn't get a signal.
Thanks!

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #3,041 of 3,181
I have both and find myself reaching for the RS6 more often than for the RS8 for that reason exactly + for what the RS6 does with female vocals ☺️
I usually have tastes like what you both describe. Interesting, have you compared both using line out to an external amp, desktop or portable? I'm curious to know if the main factor in your love of the RS6 is coming more from the DAC section itself or the amp. I would assume the DAC of the RS6 and RS8 are probably very close in performance, it's probably the amp that makes the RS8 more resolving, refined and at the same time more analytical. of the RS4

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #3,042 of 3,181
I usually have tastes like what you both describe. Interesting, have you compared both using line out to an external amp, desktop or portable? I'm curious to know if the main factor in your love of the RS6 is coming more from the DAC section itself or the amp. I would assume the DAC of the RS6 and RS8 are probably very close in performance, it's probably the amp that makes the RS8 more resolving, refined and at the same time more analytical. of the RS4
Sandal Audio had actually written about what you just ask in his RS8 review, here is the translated review.
https://sandalaudio-blogspot-com.tr...l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Sep 12, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #3,043 of 3,181
Question for RS6/8 owners, can you plug in a USB C adapter into the USB port and get HDMI video out from it?
Thinking of using my RS6 for watching films on an external HDMI monitor while using the line out for headphone amp.

There is always a bit of lag if I use RS6 as a USB DAC for audio from my iPad, so wanting to find a better solution...

I tried it last night with my RS6 and a basic USB C hub and my monitor doesn't get a signal.
Thanks!

One way to know whether a device supports HDMI Alt Mode over USB C, is to see if there's an HDMI logo anywhere on the packaging or in the manual.
I don't see HDMI Alt Mode mentioned on the HiBy RS6 web page - https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-rs6

Sep 13, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #3,044 of 3,181
One way to know whether a device supports HDMI Alt Mode over USB C, is to see if there's an HDMI logo anywhere on the packaging or in the manual.
I don't see HDMI Alt Mode mentioned on the HiBy RS6 web page - https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-rs6
Thanks! Yeah that make sense…shame couldn’t use external monitor while utilising the DAC/AMP…

Sep 13, 2023 at 1:22 AM Post #3,045 of 3,181
Thanks! Yeah that make sense…shame couldn’t use external monitor while utilising the DAC/AMP…

There may be the possibility of "casting" the display to a WiFi connected TV, or PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back