HiBy RS6 Android DAP - Snapdragon 660, 4+64GB, 5” full HD, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 16x, copper chassis
Dec 14, 2021 at 12:04 PM Post #1,666 of 3,181
Total Android noob here...

I'm pretty excited about getting my RS6 next week. If I want to load an app on to it, can I download it from the Play store on a Mac? I have both Android File Transfer and Commander One already loaded to do the transfer to the RS6. If necessary, I can use BootCamp to transfer it. Do I simply copy the installer to the internal RS6 drive? Does it go into the root directory or is there a specific directory it should be placed? How do I actually install the app?

Or can I simply enter my Google credentials on the RS6 and do all that on the DAP?

thanks!!
Yes you log into Google, and then Play Store works fine, just like a phone. Android File Transfer works fine on my Mac, I don't need BootCamp/Parallels.

Enjoy RS6 :)

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,667 of 3,181
Total Android noob here...

I'm pretty excited about getting my RS6 next week. If I want to load an app on to it, can I download it from the Play store on a Mac? I have both Android File Transfer and Commander One already loaded to do the transfer to the RS6. If necessary, I can use BootCamp to transfer it. Do I simply copy the installer to the internal RS6 drive? Does it go into the root directory or is there a specific directory it should be placed? How do I actually install the app?

Or can I simply enter my Google credentials on the RS6 and do all that on the DAP?

thanks!!
You can do it direct from the Google Play Store on the Hiby RS6 mate.

Dec 14, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #1,668 of 3,181

Got my RS6, unboxed it and doing a comparison to my AK SE100 here... so far seems like the RS6 (with firmware 1.3 update) sounds a bit more lively and enjoyable than the SE100 although not quite as technical or warm as the SE100. They are both on the same level SQ wise I would say but different in their own ways.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,669 of 3,181
My impressions on the RS6 are ready. I got the unit a few weeks back. here are my thoughts on it. I bought the unit from a friend after auditioning it at his home. He sold it as he doesn't has time and I got myself a great deal haha.

266620548_4709074785803041_2502974103586360561_n.jpeg

HiBy RS6: The Ultimate Music Player!!

As the title says, This right here in my palm is my audio nirvana. After exploring plenty of music players across different price segments, I am finally settling with the HiBy RS6. This is the latest Sub-flagship from the house of HiBy and their first DAP to feature R2R DAC and Darwin Architecture.

Sound Technicalities:-

RS6 is my first interaction with the R2R world, I can say I fell in love with the organic, warm, pleasing tone of this DAP with the very first track that I played on it(It was Tere Bin from the Bollywood movie Guru). I can simply say the resolution, the clarity, and the dynamics of this DAP is simply outstanding. You will be able to hear every single detail in your music with a pleasing warm tone. Yes the DAP has a warm tuning but it doesn’t sacrifice even a single bit in terms of detailing. Billie Jean is a fully loaded song filled with multiple tracks of instruments and vocals, one can identify them precisely with the RS6 and a good IEM(Using Tansio Mirai Land here). The output has a pitch dark clean background with no noticeable hiss or noise even with sensitive IEMs(such as the Land with me).

One thing to praise here is that the RS6 remembers your volume settings with output ports. Like if you were previously listening on an IEM via 3.5mm output at 45/100 volume but then switched to Balanced at 30/100 volume. When you switch back to the 3.5mm output it will change volume back to 45/100(your last used on that port) and vice versa for Bal port. Another thing here is the line-out quality, I am yet to hear such a clean output from any portable device. Of all the DAPs I have explored so far, nothing has ever sounded so clean whether it be from Line out or via Phone out.

Tonality & Timbre:-

RS6 has a warmer than neutral sound tuning. No, it isn’t as warm as N6ii(with E01), but still, it is warmer than R6 2020 and Shanling M3X. It makes the sound pleasing and charming IMO. Both male and female vocals maintain good clarity, thanks to the outstanding resolution by RS6. One thing I can guarantee you, if you like listening to vocals or acoustic music just like me, you are gonna love the tonal balance and timbre quality of the RS6.

UI and Build:-

Top-notch. Though it is very identical to the R6 2020, the RS6 has Rose Gold body with a Carbon Fiber style glass back panel. The device is loaded with Snapdragon 660 SoC, making it one of the fastest DAPs I have experienced to date. Even though the R6 2020 also uses the same SoC chip, I feel like the RS6 is a tad bit smoother in the user interface. HiBy has designed the UI following their Darwin Architecture green-gold theme. In terms of UI, you can load this with a 1TB microSD card and it will still swift through thousands of songs(personally tested).

Darwin Architecture:-

I just couldn’t explore this much because as of now none of my IEMs are in the preset list. Eagerly waiting for HiBy to release some preset for any budget IEM. I wish HiBy releases more presets soon.

The Not So Good With RS6:-

Like every other device in the market today, HiBy RS6 is not free from any kind of flaws, here are the ones I noticed with the device.

>Battery life:-

Hardly 7-8 hours of music playback. I am telling you if not for its sound quality, I would have sold the RS6 already because of this poor battery life. But it just sounds too good to me so I am ignoring this. Telling you, you will have to charge this like you charge your smartphones.

>No variable line-out:-

The digital audio players at this level have variable line-out options. It would have made this dap better.

>Soundstage a bit intimate:-

RS6 produces an immersive, intimate soundstage. N6ii was wider.

Some comparison with N6ii(With E01/A02):-

>UI is much better and faster in RS6.

>Resolution is better with the RS6.

>Tonal balance and Timbre with the RS6 is simply exceptional.

>Battery life is better with N6ii.

>Soundstage is wider with N6ii.

>N6ii has a warmer tonality.

>N6ii allows one to experience different tonality and timbre with swappable audio motherboards.

A Few Final Words here:-

I am back to square one, back to the original words with which I started this write-up with. HiBy RS6 sounds like it is tuned specifically for my taste in music. The resolution this player produces in our music is simply top-notch. It is a tad bit warmer than the R6 2020, but it doesn’t allow any single detail to miss from my music. I personally feel like I have achieved audio nirvana in terms of digital audio players for me. Now the only thing left for me is a TOTL IEM, I have my eyes set on a target 64 Audio U12t(Out of my reach for at least one to two years though).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #1,670 of 3,181
Very Quick listening with DS and I noticed a great Darwin work!
Later I’ll check again.

Attachments

• 6FA33607-3752-4CA5-BBC4-2F7A8F6B8208.jpeg
    6FA33607-3752-4CA5-BBC4-2F7A8F6B8208.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #1,672 of 3,181
Any degradation in sound when listening to tidal on wifi? I had an N6ii and it was terrible when streaming tidal compared to being plugged in to the usb as a dac

Dec 14, 2021 at 2:12 PM Post #1,673 of 3,181
RS6 sounds great with tidal

Dec 14, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #1,675 of 3,181
Dec 14, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #1,677 of 3,181
native tidal app doesnt sound as good as using uapp, which is the case with most android daps. rs6 excels with streaming
it was fine if I downloaded the file and switched off wifi...but that's not convenient. I think it had more to do with wifi radio interference or the power gain it required. just not optimal. I had the same issue on other android DAPs before giving up on them for the time being.

Dec 15, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,678 of 3,181
My new toy:)
Hiby RS6 r2r dap
Firmware 1.30g
Darwin 1
Nos
Ve erlkonig preset

Iems Sony ier Z1r / Ambient Acoustic Mad 24

Initial impressions;

-Super fast UI for an android dap
-Addictive organic, sweety warm but very detailed , you can feel the artist's breath and you can hear the brass of horn:)
-Vocals are amazing
-Streaming is stable
-Uapp's bit perfect is very good, you can bypass the android side, better than the native app
Long live the new king! R2R

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #1,679 of 3,181
Initial impressions;

-Super fast UI for an android dap
-Addictive organic, sweety warm but very detailed , you can feel the artist's breath and you can hear the brass of horn:)
-Streaming is stable
-Uapp's bit perfect is very good, you can bypass the android side, better than the native app
How do you like it with your Z1R? Any upper mid/treble issues/harshness/peakiness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back