HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Dec 15, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #781 of 1,290
Of course, I'm too late with this review, as everyone already did their reviews. But nevertheless, I'm really excited about this DAP, so here is my video

This is a great review. Thanks!! I want one more then ever.

1. Is the bug you mention (the progress slider in each song doesn’t work) fixed? As I listen to large scale classical music, this is very important to me.Edit: saw in the first comment on YouTube that this is indeed fixed.

2. How much if a quality gain would this be over a Fiio Q3 in terms of SQ, and of output power? So understand it, in terms of power they seem to be in the same league? Wondering about SQ though.

3. How fast does it scan a music library compared to other players to know?

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #782 of 1,290
Mine should be in hand tomorrow, been having some minor issues with my ears and IEMs are tricky to use, i wonder what headphones it can drive, hopefully the 109 Pros will pair well…

Also got the Helas coming in and i got as red case, not realizing it comes with one.

Dec 15, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #783 of 1,290
Mine should be in hand tomorrow, been having some minor issues with my ears and IEMs are tricky to use, i wonder what headphones it can drive, hopefully the 109 Pros will pair well…

Also got the Helas coming in and i got as red case, not realizing it comes with one.
109 Pro pair well. RS2 isn't really cut out for headphones, but these and 99 Classics do very well.

Dec 16, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #785 of 1,290
Some DAPs and software players (Foobar) can play RAR and 7z and ZIP files directly. No need to un-compress them.
Any way HiBy can step up to this task--say, in a future firmware update?

Dec 20, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #786 of 1,290
Hello friends,

Does anyone knows when the RS2 will be available in stores across Europe? Cannot find it anywhere and I'm no willing to buy it from Aliexpress since Custom fees are always a gamble.

Cheers.

Dec 20, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #787 of 1,290
Hello friends,

Does anyone knows when the RS2 will be available in stores across Europe? Cannot find it anywhere and I'm no willing to buy it from Aliexpress since Custom fees are always a gamble.

Cheers.
I asked Hiby UK on Amazon, they said that there are no plans for a release in the UK. Presumably that is the same in the EU, where I am residing. Hope to be corrected though, since I’m in the same position.

Dec 20, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #788 of 1,290
My RS2 -- only about 2 mos old -- has developed some sort screen defect. Like a dilute, dark ink stain ... seems to grow but may be fading a bit. Does not affect digitizer function (touch screen). I can still see thru it as stain is not that dark ... yet anyway.
Never abused, never taken anywhere near water (even a bathroom). The weather here in Southern Calif is dry. And when I travel with my DAPs, they are always in a waterproof fanny pack, zipped up.
Yikes! Not good, HiBy ... not good at all!

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:09 AM Post #789 of 1,290
My RS2 -- only about 2 mos old -- has developed some sort screen defect. Like a dilute, dark ink stain ... seems to grow but may be fading a bit. Does not affect digitizer function (touch screen). I can still see thru it as stain is not that dark ... yet anyway.
Never abused, never taken anywhere near water (even a bathroom). The weather here in Southern Calif is dry. And when I travel with my DAPs, they are always in a waterproof fanny pack, zipped up.
Yikes! Not good, HiBy ... not good at all!
Nothing to do with this? :poop::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::poop:
Lotta dirty ear wax on the JVCs.... my IE900 and FiiO FH7 ... and a half-a-dozen other IEMs are in my travellin 'bag so they can't be part of the family photo today.
About the TP ... do you have to ask? There is nothin' like listenin' to tunez on da throne. We all do it. Man ... it's like a drug.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #790 of 1,290
I asked Hiby UK on Amazon, they said that there are no plans for a release in the UK. Presumably that is the same in the EU, where I am residing. Hope to be corrected though, since I’m in the same position.
That's odd given that ever other Hiby DAP is available in UK/EU. I would just order direct from Hiby and hope to dodge customs fee.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #791 of 1,290
Yes, very weird. I attached their answer, but I guess it’s not open for interpretation. The last time I order from HiBy I had no custom problems btw

Attachments

• C418E5B5-1DD3-4E2C-ADF3-46F5296D0945.jpeg
    C418E5B5-1DD3-4E2C-ADF3-46F5296D0945.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 0
Dec 21, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #793 of 1,290
Still I wonder what the benefit might be from not selling it here. A few administrative actions should not outweigh the sale potential, even if only a few hundred units are sold (no clue how many units a typical DAP maker sells)

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #794 of 1,290
Anybody tried different MSEB setting? I copied one setting from this thread and be done with it. However, today I started to change the setting while listening to Z1R. I found out the impact is huge, and for certain bass boost setting, my Z1R actually sounded like XE6!

Dec 23, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #795 of 1,290
Anybody tried different MSEB setting? I copied one setting from this thread and be done with it. However, today I started to change the setting while listening to Z1R. I found out the impact is huge, and for certain bass boost setting, my Z1R actually sounded like XE6!
Its always nice to give the MSEB a good fiddle... It made me want an RS8. I cannot be bothered with frequencies and equalizers but MSEB makes it quite suckerproof to do a fiddle

Users who are viewing this thread

• e2e4
Back