HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Nov 12, 2022 at 6:21 AM Post #722 of 1,283
Yes doing this. Maxed out with about 22,000 tracks. Manageable and works but some patience is required for loading.
Thanks.... I think I'm on about 15000 on 1tb, about 75 % full ..was just intrigued how it would handle large amounts of data, say double this .... I only play from folder so not to bothered as long as it's a smooth operation and the lagging is not extreme

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #723 of 1,283
Thanks.... I think I'm on about 15000 on 1tb, about 75 % full ..was just intrigued how it would handle large amounts of data, say double this .... I only play from folder so not to bothered as long as it's a smooth operation and the lagging is not extreme
From folder, it's totally fine. No lagging. Lags is only in the library itself.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #724 of 1,283
Small screen hinders scrolling a bit in folder view but it is manageable with some patience. I think I have about 40,000 files on 2 cards. No issues accessing them.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #725 of 1,283
From folder, it's totally fine. No lagging. Lags is only in the library itself.

Small screen hinders scrolling a bit in folder view but it is manageable with some patience. I think I have about 40,000 files on 2 cards. No issues accessing them.
Thanks guys .... Always good to get nice straight answers, I am tempted as I have a mojo2 and I could use it as my transport as well....
I had cayin n6ii ro1 ( literally just sold it) and also own ru6 so I am intrigued.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #726 of 1,283
Thanks guys .... Always good to get nice straight answers, I am tempted as I have a mojo2 and I could use it as my transport as well....
I had cayin n6ii ro1 ( literally just sold it) and also own ru6 so I am intrigued.
Got the MOJO2 myself. RS2 is perfect transport in terms of size and when using coax. This is why I bought it but also use RS2 on its own.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #728 of 1,283
I see you have meze 99 classics as well ...any good on the hiby?
Yes great. Really good. Easily driven from SE output. Punchy and quite dynamic. As mentioned before, the LO on the Hiby is very clean so when connected to an external amp, the DAC performance scales up as do the headphones connected.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:56 AM Post #729 of 1,283
I think the 99s match great with the RS2. Wonderful sound.

Nov 12, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #730 of 1,283
Yes great. Really good. Easily driven from SE output. Punchy and quite dynamic. As mentioned before, the LO on the Hiby is very clean so when connected to an external amp, the DAC performance scales up as do the headphones connected.
Excellent ...I'm using the meze at work so they need to be paired with something that drives them nicely.
I maybe will buy rs2 and I'm still contemplating.

Nov 13, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #732 of 1,283
Tried resetting by pressing power for 30 seconds and tried rebooting with firmware update rs 2-2.upt on the sd card. Doesn't seem to solve it.

Happened to me, the case is pushing in one of the volume buttons causing the RS2 to boot into firmware update mode. Just take it out of the case will fix the problem, and massage the leather case a bit so it is softer over the button area.

Nov 15, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #733 of 1,283
Happened to me, the case is pushing in one of the volume buttons causing the RS2 to boot into firmware update mode. Just take it out of the case will fix the problem, and massage the leather case a bit so it is softer over the button area.

Thank you. The issue was resolved by pushing the power button for about 30 seconds with the sd card containing the firmware update inserted. A reboot might have been enough but I went for the reset 😁.

Edit: the RS2 was out of the leather case when I did this.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #734 of 1,283
Is it any reasonable to use as a DAC for a smartphone? Comparing to a R6, for example. Only used for IEM, not headphones.

It doesn't have any Qobuz or Tidal on-board, right? Only in the new R5 II...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back