HiBy RS2: dual card slots, Darwin R2R, FIR, NOS, MQA 8x--news and impressions thread
Oct 21, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #663 of 1,290
If you're really effin' serious about effin' goin' the direct (HO) effin' route, you're really effin' missin' out on the effin' potential of the RS2 you some effin' handsomely paid big effin' bux fer, toots.
I mean, is this too effin' much to effin; ask fer?????

sz.jpg

I miss the good ol' dayz of real-man DAP+amp jobs. And cables ... and analog Noble volume pots. RS2 is is tryin' to bring some o'da old-fashioned COMMON SENSE audiophilia back in by skippin' the WiFi and custom OS. Support the cause, folks! EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!
Effin, effin, fin!

Oct 21, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #664 of 1,290
New Firmware is there for download:
1. Added shortcut for USB Audio. With USB mode set to Audio, simply flick power switch to the left to enter;

2. Added switch to enable / disable volume changes via knob while screen off;

3. Optimizations to Darwin filters;

4. Sped up load times for certain functions;

5. Optimized display of album cover art.

Oct 22, 2022 at 3:54 AM Post #665 of 1,290
See my post https://www.head-fi.org/threads/hib...s-and-impressions-thread.963970/post-17159012
- Try putting the created playlist file in "playlist data" folder
- Edit the playlist, and check that the format is correct for the RS2. See my post for an example of what it should look like

I don't think there is a playlist data folder or at least I can't find it on the sd card and for the letter that goes on the file path does it have to be [a:] I tried to do it like you did and still doesn't show up. I might be doing something wrong or skipping a step, not sure.
Here's what I did on mine (please note that I created my m3u files using the Hiby Music app on my android phone, but I reckon it should work the same for foobar2000)

I followed the steps on ttt123's post, and then edited the m3u files using a text editor, following the format specified there (a:\..\.. etc.), and then I copied them into the sd card. They should show up if you go through the 'files' option -> sd card 1 or 2 -> whichever folder you put them in. I hope that helps.

As for the file path, I have only used [a:] and it's working fine for me

Edit: I just experimented and copied one of my m3u8 files I used to play on my Fiio X1 and the RS2 can read them just fine lol 😆

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #667 of 1,290
I don't think there is a playlist data folder or at least I can't find it on the sd card and for the letter that goes on the file path does it have to be [a:] I tried to do it like you did and still doesn't show up. I might be doing something wrong or skipping a step, not sure.
Maybe the playlist_data folder is created after you have created a playlist on the RS2. If you have never created a Playlist on the RS2, that may be why there is no folder.

Oct 22, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #668 of 1,290
Sundara, Denon 5200, dt770, dt177x, hd560s, hd600series, hd800s, ..., read the reviews
I am interested in HD800s, but it seems a mixed picture here. Some say it can drive well, other say it doesn't. So....

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #670 of 1,290
Here's what I did on mine (please note that I created my m3u files using the Hiby Music app on my android phone, but I reckon it should work the same for foobar2000)

I followed the steps on ttt123's post, and then edited the m3u files using a text editor, following the format specified there (a:\..\.. etc.), and then I copied them into the sd card. They should show up if you go through the 'files' option -> sd card 1 or 2 -> whichever folder you put them in. I hope that helps.

As for the file path, I have only used [a:] and it's working fine for me

Edit: I just experimented and copied one of my m3u8 files I used to play on my Fiio X1 and the RS2 can read them just fine lol 😆
That was the problem for me, I just had to write [a:] for the file path. After I edited that, the file was able to be read.

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #671 of 1,290
New Firmware is there for download:
1. Added shortcut for USB Audio. With USB mode set to Audio, simply flick power switch to the left to enter;

2. Added switch to enable / disable volume changes via knob while screen off;

3. Optimizations to Darwin filters;

4. Sped up load times for certain functions;

5. Optimized display of album cover art.
Yep ... every mother effin' thang 'cept da useful stuff. Like ability to play off a CUE file, maybe, kinda, sorta ?????

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #672 of 1,290
Maybe the playlist_data folder is created after you have created a playlist on the RS2. If you have never created a Playlist on the RS2, that may be why there is no folder.
Yup, after I created a playlist on the RS2, the playlist file appeared. I got it to work by just editing the file path to just [a:] once I did that the playlist showed up and worked. I was wondering if autoplaylist on foobar would work the same on the RS2 or would it just be a regular playlist? Also there is a recently added section on the RS2 but when I added some new music file none of those files showed up, what does the RS2 consider recently added?

Oct 22, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #673 of 1,290
Yep ... every mother effin' thang 'cept da useful stuff. Like ability to play off a CUE file, maybe, kinda, sorta ?????
Useful to you, not to everybody.

Oct 22, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #674 of 1,290
Yup, after I created a playlist on the RS2, the playlist file appeared. I got it to work by just editing the file path to just [a:] once I did that the playlist showed up and worked. I was wondering if autoplaylist on foobar would work the same on the RS2 or would it just be a regular playlist? Also there is a recently added section on the RS2 but when I added some new music file none of those files showed up, what does the RS2 consider recently added?
I don't know. Have not looked at this function. There is a setting in Play/Music update mode/ <manual, Auto> . Check what your player is set to/see if setting it to Auto will populate the Recent list when you add new songs.

Oct 24, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #675 of 1,290
Получил вчера свой mothea effea. Прибыл задолго до даты Amazon effin '. USPS. Типичная логистическая компетенция Amazoooooooooooon.
Горю в эффине сейчас.
Заблокирован на 10 долбаных минут после того, как нормально поработал 15 минут. Странное сообщение «Обновите v1.11, вставьте TF» на экране. Снято с эффинской перчатки - колпачка. Сделал все на ура. Убрана эффектная сила. Подключен к долбанному ПК. Нажимал/удерживал/молился на все без исключения кнопки RS2. Все под чертовым Солнцем. Никаких изменений. Жаль, что в большинстве других моих DAP нет сброса «вставить пин».
А потом ... пуф .... неисправность исчезла примерно через 15 чертовых минут ... и вернулась к норме. Положите обратно в effin 'перчатку. Широко используется. С тех пор никаких проблем.
Вы все хотите чертовски селфи ... лучшее, что я могу сделать ...

Got same firmware crush on brand new rs2 after 5 mins use. But nothing helps out. Just endless FW Upd again and again, or just FW Update mode with message "insert TF Pls" if I remove upd file from TF. I read in manual? hard reset is pressing pwr 30 secs, but it's not helped too. Just reload and FW upd mode again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back