HiBy R8 User Impressions
Aug 20, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #556 of 3,161
Lovely!!! Now we just need optional digital filters while upscaling too lol..
How is the heat
Also, what USB and digital interfaces are being used inside R8 ?

Heat is fine from 768khz most of the heat comes from when turbo mode is enabled.

Do you mean if its using XMOS USB audio or similar. Maybe @Joe Bloggs can answer.

or @DarginMahkum as he uses the USB DAC function I believe. Not tried it myself.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #557 of 3,161
Another endgame goal reached on the open back HP front, after declaring R8 my endgame portable DAP. After weeks of waiting D8000 Pro has arrived and its pairing with R8 is excellent!

The player you see there is a test version of UAPP, which still has some glitches, so I need to provide the developer some logs on the weekend.

1597934662351.png

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #558 of 3,161
Another endgame goal reached on the open back HP front, after declaring R8 my endgame portable DAP. After weeks of waiting D8000 Pro has arrived and its pairing with R8 is excellent!

The player you see there is a test version of UAPP, which still has some glitches, so I need to provide the developer some logs on the weekend.

Congrats on those headphones pal 👍 and good work to progress UAPP compatibility 😁

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #559 of 3,161
$200 with a sales expectation of how many units?
I don't begrudge anyone, any purchase. If one can truly afford something and they will really appreciate what they get, enjoy!

I also respect manufacturers making high end devices so (hopefully) the tech trickles down over time to cheaper ones. That way, I can play too.

I just ordered the R3 Pro for $180. Some folks would easily say that that is overpriced too, but its in my comfort zone, so I'm cool.

Aug 20, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #566 of 3,161
Aug 20, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #567 of 3,161
I don't begrudge anyone, any purchase. If one can truly afford something and they will really appreciate what they get, enjoy!

I also respect manufacturers making high end devices so (hopefully) the tech trickles down over time to cheaper ones. That way, I can play too.

I just ordered the R3 Pro for $180. Some folks would easily say that that is overpriced too, but its in my comfort zone, so I'm cool.
Be careful i used to own shure se215 and i thought they were pricy. Now I own custom legend x .I guess what's overpriced changes in your mind once you heard the right system .But to each his own .Been wanting something that sounds as good or better then my dx208 with usable Android R8 really the only option .

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #568 of 3,161
Does anyone have any thoughts around the HiBy R8 and Astell&Kern SE200? These are the two players that are currently on my short list and with both of them being new there seems to be limited impressions, let alone any direct comparisons.

Aug 21, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #569 of 3,161
Does anyone have any thoughts around the HiBy R8 and Astell&Kern SE200? These are the two players that are currently on my short list and with both of them being new there seems to be limited impressions, let alone any direct comparisons.

Well the Hiby R8 is only getting released internationally at the end of the month hence the lack of reviews. I’d wait a month or two for them to start rolling in.

Aug 21, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #570 of 3,161
Hiby send us an email this week in Europe for ordering the R8 and should be delivered by 10th of September.. but no 4g version will be sold to Europe :sob:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back