Which one sounds better ?

• Hiby R6 Pro

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • iBasso DX200

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Feb 20, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #2 of 17
In stock form I prefer the Hiby R6 Pro.
Add AMP8 to the DX200 then both have lots of power, I still prefer the sound of the R6Pro due to MSEB, I don't like the EQ on thr DX200 that much, I struggle to get the sound I like for metal. But there are boat loads of AMPS to chose from on the DX200 (Nutube AMP9 soon), then you can also mod them all to your taste without opening the main DAP, obviously both DAPs internals can be modded but the DX200 has some hardcore modders creating wonders with this device (@Whitigir)

With modded AMP8w then maybe a draw, with dx200-ex and amp8-ex then maybe the DX200, I haven't heard it yet as I haven't got round to doing a dx200-ex mod. These are just my thoughts...

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:11 AM Post #4 of 17
I would wait for the DX220 and compare that one to the hiby. It's a week or two away from hitting the iBasso website. Will also hit Amazon, but not sure if it will be around the same time or a little later. It will also be a bit more expensive.

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:23 AM Post #6 of 17
I don't expect the sound signature on the DX220 to change much (if at all) compared to the one of the DX200 (that is, if you don't account for the different stock amps), not that the DX200 is bad sounding by any mean, that said, stock, the R6 Pro definitely has the upper edge in sheer power output alone, with the AMP8 however, I am unsure as to which is better when it comes to sound quality, one thing's for sure though, I hate how the AMP8 only has a 4.4mm output and no Single Ended option, which means you can't seamlessly switch between the two and you have to physically swap the amp anytime you go back and forth from/to a single ended output, that's a big no-no for me as far as convenience goes. Finally the fact that the R6 has a better SOC allowing for a fluid android experience and has a better battery life as well eventually made the sell for me.

To be honest, I am more hyped on the Cayin N6ii or the FiiO M11 than the DX220, especially as the later will still be using the same rockchip SOC as on the DX200 and we all know how bad performance is on that one, as far as android lag goes.

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 17
As for comparrisons between the DX200 and DX220, the DX220 according to people and reviewers who have advanced units does sound better than the DX200. I am confident that iBasso will have plenty on hand when they hit the website. Europe is next week, I'm hoping the states as well. You should go and read up on the DX220 thread.

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 17
I thought battery life was pretty similar? The iBasso DX200s seem to have a serious following on this forum, including some advanced members.
I am afraid not, especially with the AMP8 on board. Even accounting for the bigger 4400mAh battery, The Rockchip RK3368 is nowhere nearly as power efficient as the Snapdragon 425.

The RK3368 is a lackluster in performance, and power efficiency, not to mention rockchip has a reputation for providing poor, badly optimized libraries for their SOCs. Using this in a DAP where the SOC is mostly in an idle state (where power efficiency is a premium), because most of the computations are performed on the dedicated DAC makes this choice even worse.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #12 of 17
I sit at a desk for work, usually plug my DX200/amp 8 into a charger. Yes, 7 hours if you are lucky, playing mostly high quality flac music files.

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #13 of 17
Cant speak for DX200 SQ but DX220/DX200 has advantage of interchangeable amp which alter the sounds quite a bit.

On its own, R6 Pro is very competitive package in term of SQ and general usability (based on USD650 price I paid for it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back