HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Jan 29, 2024 at 6:11 AM Post #1,263 of 1,511
I'm having an issue with the 2 line outs, and 2 headphones outs. If I use them, no sound is produced from uapp, Poweramp and hiby player. The tracks play at double or triple speed. When I disconnect headphones and line outs from these outputs and use Bluetooth or usb dac out, all 3 apps work well as expected. Trying to use the headphones outputs again, same issue as before. I've tried factory reset/wipe but the player is sticking on version 1.31.

Has anyone any ideas how to resolve? It's driving me crazy! I'm missing going for walks with me headphones in!

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,264 of 1,511
I had this happen to me.
I tried everything possible, didn't help.
I packed the player to ship it to HiBy.
Few days later it was returned to me by customs (they did not like battery shipped).
I tried to turn it on, just in case (it was powered off for like 3 days and nights).
It had magically repaired. (Before that I tried resetting, and what else not).

Jan 29, 2024 at 7:19 AM Post #1,265 of 1,511
I had this happen to me.
I tried everything possible, didn't help.
I packed the player to ship it to HiBy.
Few days later it was returned to me by customs (they did not like battery shipped).
I tried to turn it on, just in case (it was powered off for like 3 days and nights).
It had magically repaired. (Before that I tried resetting, and what else not).
I'm really sorry to hear that but glad you got sorted. I've contacted hiby support so will see what they say. Might have to return for repair as it's under warranty. I've tried every setting and action I can think of but am no further forward with solving. Thanks for your reply, thought it was just me!

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:16 AM Post #1,266 of 1,511
The tracks play at double or triple speed.
Just curious: how did you determine that it plays at double or triple speed?

2x or 4x speed may indicate an issue with the sample rate communication between the player app and the FPGA/audio chips… which could “repair” itself after some resets as in @VeightTripleDivision example.
EDIT: may be worth trying to play tracks at different rates, 44.1, 96, 192 kHz (try DSD?) to see if switching from one rate to the other “fixes” the issue.

But 3x speed is really odd, especially if it’s exactly 3x.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #1,267 of 1,511
Just curious: how did you determine that it plays at double or triple speed?

2x or 4x speed may indicate an issue with the sample rate communication between the player app and the FPGA/audio chips… which could “repair” itself after some resets as in @VeightTripleDivision example.

But 3x speed is really odd, especially if it’s exactly 3x.
Nothing exact measurements wise unfortunately. The track progress bar in uapp Poweramp and hiby moves at increased speed, flying through tracks. It does seem to vary in speed. The only consistent feature is the increased track progress bar speed, and no sound generated.

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #1,268 of 1,511
Nothing exact measurements wise unfortunately. The track progress bar in uapp Poweramp and hiby moves at increased speed, flying through tracks. It does seem to vary in speed. The only consistent feature is the increased track progress bar speed, and no sound generated.
Just added a suggestion in my post: you may want to try playing tracks recorded at different sampling rates, 44.1, 48, 96, 192kHz or DSD to see if it “fixes” the problem…

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #1,269 of 1,511
Just added a suggestion in my post: you may want to try playing tracks recorded at different sampling rates, 44.1, 48, 96, 192kHz or DSD to see if it “fixes” the problem…
Thanks for taking time to review and provide a suggestion. I've tested and unfortunately the issue persists. The interesting thing though is tracks that are 44.1 move at about 10x too fast, and there is no delay if I forward to the next 44.1 track. If I forward to a 192 or 96 track from 44.1 (or vice versa), there is a delay of about 10 seconds before the track then begins playing at increased speed

Jan 29, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #1,270 of 1,511

Have you deleted and reinstalled all the software?

To update firmware someone on this thread said "Select the three vertical dots in the System Update screen, select Clear The Cache, try again"

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #1,271 of 1,511
Thanks for taking time to review and provide a suggestion. I've tested and unfortunately the issue persists. The interesting thing though is tracks that are 44.1 move at about 10x too fast, and there is no delay if I forward to the next 44.1 track. If I forward to a 192 or 96 track from 44.1 (or vice versa), there is a delay of about 10 seconds before the track then begins playing at increased speed
10s delay is huge at the HW level. It's almost as if part of the HW (the FPGA managing the clock speed divisions?) is stuck at 352 or 384kHz--8x the 44.1kHz speed--and does not respond to a request to adjust the sample rate, until it times out after ~10s.

If you can get 352.8 or 384kHz test tracks, would they play correctly? Not sure what else to try save FW update (if any...) or sending to back to Hiby...

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #1,272 of 1,511
Have you deleted and reinstalled all the software?

To update firmware someone on this thread said "Select the three vertical dots in the System Update screen, select Clear The Cache.
Yes I've tried clearing the cache and factory reset multiple times. Each time the version remains 1.31. All apps are deleted during this process apart from the default apps. I've tried reinstalling Poweramp and uapp afterwards but the issue persists with the 4 line and phone outputs on the device

Jan 29, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #1,273 of 1,511
10s delay is huge at the HW level. It's almost as if part of the HW (the FPGA managing the clock speed divisions?) is stuck at 352 or 384kHz--8x the 44.1kHz speed--and does not respond to a request to adjust the sample rate, until it times out after ~10s.

If you can get 352.8 or 384kHz test tracks, would they play correctly? Not sure what else to try save FW update (if any...) or sending to back to Hiby...
Thanks, yes I've tried factory reset then reupdating fw but no matter the action the fw is stuck on the most recent 1.31. I'll reach out to hiby support. Thanks for all the assistance people, really appreciated.

Jan 29, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #1,274 of 1,511
Thanks, yes I've tried factory reset then reupdating fw but no matter the action the fw is stuck on the most recent 1.31. I'll reach out to hiby support. Thanks for all the assistance people, really appreciated.
I remember on a DAP I had, maybe the HiBy. When upgrading the FW don't have the SD card in....take it out before you do the update. May work.

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #1,275 of 1,511
I'm having an issue with the 2 line outs, and 2 headphones outs. If I use them, no sound is produced from uapp, Poweramp and hiby player. The tracks play at double or triple speed. When I disconnect headphones and line outs from these outputs and use Bluetooth or usb dac out, all 3 apps work well as expected. Trying to use the headphones outputs again, same issue as before. I've tried factory reset/wipe but the player is sticking on version 1.31.

Has anyone any ideas how to resolve? It's driving me crazy! I'm missing going for walks with me headphones in!

I had a similar issue with the R6 2020. My recommendation would be to try a full reset via Android Recovery Mode. Joe Bloggs provided the steps for this earlier in the thread:

Hold next button and then also the power button for 15 seconds to force reboot. If that doesn't help, you may hold previous button and then also the power button to power on the device into recovery mode. When you see the resting android robot figure, hold the power button and then press the previous button to enter the menu. From there you can perform a further factory reset on your device. If the device is still unstable after a factory reset, that should be a hardware fault and you should return the unit to us for repair or exchange, sorry for the inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back