HiBy R5 Saber Tour
Jun 5, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #31 of 41
My review is posted here, on FB sites and my blog. Thanks, @Wiljen !

R5 Saber

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #32 of 41
I'm glad I got in on the tour, I like the sound of R5 Saber. I do wish I can compare between the various Hiby units however. I'm curious what the differences in sound between the units are. I generally like cirrus logic chips in DAPs.

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #35 of 41
I'm glad I got in on the tour, I like the sound of R5 Saber. I do wish I can compare between the various Hiby units however. I'm curious what the differences in sound between the units are. I generally like cirrus logic chips in DAPs.

The new Cirrus flagship dacs sound really good to my ears. ✌️

Jun 26, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 41
The new Cirrus flagship dacs sound really good to my ears. ✌️
I liked the sound of A&K back in days due to cirrus logic chip implimentations. With the exception of Opus #2 DAP, I didn't like the sound of DAPs with Sabre implimentations. I generally find Sabres to sound lean and trebly. Sabre treble is real to me.

For desktop DACs, I'm a multibit guy no matter how worse they measure. I'd rather listen to worse measured than a Sabre that sounds too emphasized in the treble.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #40 of 41
Got the package...the original delivery date was the 5th...I just checked the tracking number and it was delivered on the third...box has been downstairs 2 days and i didn't know it... :sweat:

Initial impressions...really sounds fantastic! I wish there was a bit more volume to the bass, but the bass still sounds very good. Sound stage is good, but wish there was a bit more depth, but there is still good layering... The mids are very detailed and a bit forward, and it sounds great...vocals especially are very rich... I like the highs, too... not the greatest extension, but I find I really enjoy it...I'm listening to Paul Simon song, and the 12 string acoustic sounds amazing...hanging in 3d space with perfect air and clarity. This DAP also has great resolution and clarity, also great musicality and warmth.

It seems the R5 is greater than the sum of it's parts...not only does it do individual things well, but it combines all the elements with perfect coherency and synergy. It's a dynamic, fun sounding DAP!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #41 of 41
I'm done with the R5S who is next on list, I will ship it today.??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back