HiBy R5 Gen 2 - Class A headamp, Dual ES9219C, 35h playtime, MQA 16x, open Android
Jun 2, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #556 of 1,092
I have some Meze 99s at home. I'll try them out this eveni

from 3.5 output, not balanced. Don’t have balanced cable yet, can’t test. Thanks.
Ok... Just had a listen. Not sure what your source material is, but I listened to some FLAC on the Hiby music app and I streamed a bit of Spotify over wifi and can't hear any hissing on the Meze 99s when I switch from economy mode to class a. Also switched from low to medium gain while listening--no problems that I could hear. Could be your unit, or it could be something else we haven't diagnosed yet.

Jun 3, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #557 of 1,092
Ok... Just had a listen. Not sure what your source material is, but I listened to some FLAC on the Hiby music app and I streamed a bit of Spotify over wifi and can't hear any hissing on the Meze 99s when I switch from economy mode to class a. Also switched from low to medium gain while listening--no problems that I could hear. Could be your unit, or it could be something else we haven't diagnosed yet.
Thanks! I have it with all sources, it‘s visible when sound volume is less then approximate 30 or if there are silent parts like in classical music.When the volume is greater then 30 in a normal pop/ rock/ etc it’s not noticeable.

Jun 3, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #558 of 1,092
Thanks! I have it with all sources, it‘s visible when sound volume is less then approximate 30 or if there are silent parts like in classical music.When the volume is greater then 30 in a normal pop/ rock/ etc it’s not noticeable.
Just had another listen at volume from 20 to 25 and still no hissing. Not sure what it could be.

Jun 3, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #561 of 1,092
I’m interested in this DAP, and will be streaming from my JRiver server while at home. I’m presently streaming via a JRiver iPhone app—can I ask how you’re accessing the MC server? Is it via DLNA, or via a JR android app? PCM or DSD? Does your means of access provide for PEQ’ing relative to IEM/HP frequency profiles? TIA…

I was using the JRiver app on my Windows PC through my R5 II via USB. But I do also occasionally use the JRemote android app. Or access the DLNA server with other music apps, such as UAPP.

Attachments

• IMG_9316.JPG
    IMG_9316.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9317 (2).JPG
    IMG_9317 (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9318 (2).JPG
    IMG_9318 (2).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9319.JPG
    IMG_9319.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9320.JPG
    IMG_9320.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 4, 2022 at 6:41 AM Post #562 of 1,092
I was using the JRiver app on my Windows PC through my R5 II via USB. But I do also occasionally use the JRemote android app. Or access the DLNA server with other music apps, such as UAPP.

I’m still trying to get my JRiver server to show up on the LAN as DLNA, but the JRemote client/server relationship works fine for bitperfect. I just wish the relationship allowed for IEM PEQ profiles like the app Neutron offers via DLNA.

Cheers!

Jun 5, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #563 of 1,092
So, I pulled the label off the front, and only the label came off. Shouldn't it have pulled up the screen protector application sheet? any suggestions? The back label pull off worked fine.

Jun 6, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #565 of 1,092
So, I pulled the label off the front, and only the label came off. Shouldn't it have pulled up the screen protector application sheet? any suggestions? The back label pull off worked fine.
I'd say:

Hey now you have an additional layer of protection!

Unless if it affects the touch screen sensitivity too much... :D

Jun 6, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #567 of 1,092
Anyone having issues using the 2.5mm jack? Mine worked fine for a while and now it’s super in and out when you touch/turn the plug. Tried another cable just to be sure and still persisted. 4.4 and 3.5 jacks are working fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back