Hiby R3 pro saber - What is the Wifi feature used for?
Dec 29, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 9
Is it possible to connect my Android phone to this DAP using WiFi and play music? I am unable to do it. What is DLNA and Airplay for?

You can use the DLNA function on the R3 and stream from an Android phone using mConnect or Bubbleupnp. There are other apps that can do this as well.

The R3 can also receive Airplay music from Apple products... Both functions work fairly well.

Dec 29, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #3 of 9
You can use the DLNA function on the R3 and stream from an Android phone using mConnect or Bubbleupnp. There are other apps that can do this as well.

The R3 can also receive Airplay music from Apple products... Both functions work fairly well.
Is it possible to connect Spotify through WiFi?

Dec 29, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #5 of 9
Is it possible to connect Spotify through WiFi?

The only way I know to stream Spotify to the R3 Pro is with Airplay or Bluetooth.

Dec 29, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #6 of 9
The only way I know to stream Spotify to the R3 Pro is with Airplay or Bluetooth.
I have an Android phone, so no Airplay. I live in India, so no Tidal.
I believe bluetooth streaming doesn't support high quality audio. Isn't that right? Spotify only has 320kbps max though. So I am not sure.

Dec 29, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #7 of 9
I have an Android phone, so no Airplay. I live in India, so no Tidal.
I believe bluetooth streaming doesn't support high quality audio. Isn't that right? Spotify only has 320kbps max though. So I am not sure.

The R3 Pro supports LDAC bluetooth which should be somewhat better than Spotify's 320 kbps. It also supports Qobuz, which may or may not be available for you as another option.

FYI, LDAC supports 330/660/990 (24 bit) or 303/606/909 kbps (16 bit) depending on signal strength.

Dec 29, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #8 of 9
The R3 Pro supports LDAC bluetooth which should be somewhat better than Spotify's 320 kbps. It also supports Qobuz, which may or may not be available for you as another option.

FYI, LDAC supports 330/660/990 (24 bit) or 303/606/909 kbps (16 bit) depending on signal strength.
But I still feel a difference in quality between a 320kbps song played directly from the R3 Pro and the song played via bluetooth Spotify. Why do you suppose that is?

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #9 of 9
But I still feel a difference in quality between a 320kbps song played directly from the R3 Pro and the song played via bluetooth Spotify. Why do you suppose that is?

I don't really know, but you should go with what your ears hear. It's possible that resampling to the LDAC codec sample rates is causing some changes to the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back