Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Nov 15, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 2,070
headfonics did a nice comparison between the R3 and R3 Pro and the Pro is looking pretty sweet. It looks equal to or better than the R3 in every area including sound quality. Super excited now for the R3 Pro to become available, maybe an early Christmas present for me.

Nov 23, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #17 of 2,070
Any update on this? I’m a bit confused by the new generation of daps capable of streaming. My current x5ii is great as a player and DAC when in the office. I stream all day. Currently trialing amazon hd, on hiatus from tidal and always have Apple Music family for, well, the family. Can I load the big streaming services via WiFi and just use this without the limitations that iPhones offer (limited output quality regardless of source etc?)
I’d assume my SD cards just slot right in without then need for additional work?
Sorry for the basic questions. Hope someone can help.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #18 of 2,070
Any update on this? I’m a bit confused by the new generation of daps capable of streaming. My current x5ii is great as a player and DAC when in the office. I stream all day. Currently trialing amazon hd, on hiatus from tidal and always have Apple Music family for, well, the family. Can I load the big streaming services via WiFi and just use this without the limitations that iPhones offer (limited output quality regardless of source etc?)
I’d assume my SD cards just slot right in without then need for additional work?
Sorry for the basic questions. Hope someone can help.
Hi. I had been using the Chinese model for about a week now. It has multi language and only has Tidal integrated. The SD card goes in and just becomes USB storage meaning it will just show up as a USB drive when you plug into the PC. There are some glitches and inconvenient options here and there so not the most sophisticated software implementation but hey it's still on firmware v1.00. Hopefully it will get better. As for sound I will leave that to other pro reviewers.

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #19 of 2,070
Picked up one of these. Should arrive Monday

Nov 23, 2019 at 11:45 PM Post #20 of 2,070
It is on musiteck now for $199 US so it is becoming readily available.

Hearing that there are some issues to be dealt with I can certainly wait until a Canadian dealer starts carrying it and a firmware update or 2.

Nov 25, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #22 of 2,070
Heya. Received mine today. Ive had the R3 since it came out until i sold it a week ago. Ordered over the weekend from Musicteck on Amazon. Delivery date was Dec 2-8, but it came today. Same body as the R3, same UI, same CPU. Mine had a | bar firmware.

I bought it primarily because of better battery run time, better channel separation and distortion, little more power is also nice, latest BT and both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi.

- Its dead silent on standby, no trace of any noise, hiss or w.e... And my ocd always catches even the slightest noise ( that is with IMR R2 @2.5mm, PA Carbon @3.5mm )
- Hardware is the same as the R3, buttons work, fine, it seems lighter but i might be wrong, both 3.5 and 2.5 jacks work good, nice and tight, screen is good, i use it at 1% brightness and its sufficient for home use
- As far as sound goes [Disclamer- everyone has different hearing and different IEMs] it is good, but better to wait for someone to compare them both side by side R3 vs R3pro, i EQ my sound a little bit with MSEB, but even without it sounds good
- Enough detail and low end for me, i was satisfied w the old R3, this one is just as good, with a tiny bit refined sound due to different hardware.

If you have R3 and it works, upgrading might not be worth it, its a sidegrade if anything. I am not disappointed, good sound w crystal clear black background, 3.5 and 2.5 jacks, excellent size and functionality. Worth it to me.

-Had a few UI freezes after you disconnect the jack while the song is playing, have to turn off and turn on again to get it playing again, fw is 1.0 says its the latest

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 12:22 AM Post #23 of 2,070
Mine came today as well. It’s for my bday in December so i got to check to see if it works for few and then had to put it away. From memory I’d say it sounds a good bit better than than the R3. The old R3 sounded like a toy to me. Agree w the above post about it being hiss free. It was dead quiet w my Oriolus Mk2. The R3 Pro seems like serious little DAP. Can’t wait to hear more from it

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #24 of 2,070
Nov 26, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #25 of 2,070
Heya. Received mine today. Ive had the R3 since it came out until i sold it a week ago. Ordered over the weekend from Musicteck on Amazon. Delivery date was Dec 2-8, but it came today. Same body as the R3, same UI, same CPU. Mine had a | bar firmware.

I bought it primarily because of better battery run time, better channel separation and distortion, little more power is also nice, latest BT and both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi.

- Its dead silent on standby, no trace of any noise, hiss or w.e... And my ocd always catches even the slightest noise ( that is with IMR R2 @2.5mm, PA Carbon @3.5mm )
- Hardware is the same as the R3, buttons work, fine, it seems lighter but i might be wrong, both 3.5 and 2.5 jacks work good, nice and tight, screen is good, i use it at 1% brightness and its sufficient for home use
- As far as sound goes [Disclamer- everyone has different hearing and different IEMs] it is good, but better to wait for someone to compare them both side by side R3 vs R3pro, i EQ my sound a little bit with MSEB, but even without it sounds good
- Enough detail and low end for me, i was satisfied w the old R3, this one is just as good, with a tiny bit refined sound due to different hardware.

If you have R3 and it works, upgrading might not be worth it, its a sidegrade if anything. I am not disappointed, good sound w crystal clear black background, 3.5 and 2.5 jacks, excellent size and functionality. Worth it to me.

-Had a few UI freezes after you disconnect the jack while the song is playing, have to turn off and turn on again to get it playing again, fw is 1.0 says its the latest

Better battery life than R3 ? How many hours were you able to squeeze in ?

Nov 26, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #26 of 2,070

hey, the sound of pro warm? natural?

Nov 26, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #28 of 2,070
It sounds good. I want to say it is slightly warmer and more balanced compared to R3 with 9028, which are usually regarded as clinical and detailed ( it might have had the ESS hump, not sure ). I have nothing to compare it to on hand. Details are there. Space and soundstage are dependent on your IEMs and songs/recordings. Testing out batter life today. 8 hrs at 50% volume from 2.5 balanced out - a mix of FLAC and 128-320 mp3 and it is at 50% battery left. Pretty good for such a small unit. Shanling M0 would have been dead by now. Shanling M2s would not have lasted that long either. I had M2s, M0, R3 and i like R3PRO out of all these the most.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #30 of 2,070
Almost 12hrs of 2.5 balanced play at 50% volume and still around 25% left, thats pretty good for a small unit.

Fantastic.Thank you testing it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back