Hiby R3 Pro Portable Bluetooth DAP
Jul 22, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #931 of 2,070
I have the original Hiby R3 Pro and Meze Noirs. I also have Meze's balanced cable for the Noirs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FQ2BCK5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, and use the balanced input with no need for adapter. It all sounds very good to me. I do have an adapter (also from Amazon) that I use with the iFi Hip Dac... it works well, too... this is the one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0751B7PTS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Whoops! I realized you're looking for the opposite sort of adapter than the one I have. Sorry.

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #932 of 2,070
I’m leaning a bit more towards the Saber since most comparisons I’ve read here favored it over the original Pro...I admittedly am scared though, that I may get a defective copy, gauging from some posts here and of one from Reddit, stating that theirs had some problems. My first (original, not Pro) R3 was pretty glitchy, but my luck fared better with my second one. However, there were a couple weird instances with the second when swiping to get the menu selection screen, resulted to a blotched UI, in which the selection screen literally fused with the now playing screen. Very strange indeed.

But hey, all of my gadgets do have some defect in some way, minute or otherwise. I’ll take my chances with HIBY. With my balanced Meze Noirs, I prefer the sound of the original R3 over even the once flagship Shanling M5s. I’m wagering the Pro would be even better!

Jul 23, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #933 of 2,070
Does the new 1.4 update to the R3Pro work on the "Saber" version. I have that version and I cannot get it to update via wi-fi or from the card. Is this update supposed to work on the Saber version or is it just for the CS version? @JoeBloggs

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:19 PM Post #934 of 2,070
Hi everyone,

I just installed the new 1.4 firmware and i want to confirm that all my previous Bluetooth issues with my Jaybird Tarah Pro are GONE !

I did some gardening and irrigation work all afternoon listening to the Interstellar Score without any hiccups !!!

Everything now work as expected which is really great !

(In my previous post, i explained that - with firmware 1.3 - the range was really poor and that moving, working, exercising with my saber in a pocket was stuttering in bluetooth with repetitive connection loss.)

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #935 of 2,070
Hi everyone,

I just installed the new 1.4 firmware and i want to confirm that all my previous Bluetooth issues with my Jaybird Tarah Pro are GONE !

I did some gardening and irrigation work all afternoon listening to the Interstellar Score without any hiccups !!!

Everything now work as expected which is really great !

(In my previous post, i explained that - with firmware 1.3 - the range was really poor and that moving, working, exercising with my saber in a pocket was stuttering in bluetooth with repetitive connection loss.)
Hope my R3 pro (non saber) can be updated soon. It's frustrating that I've tried almost everything but no success updating to latest 1.4 firmware.
Tried using 3 different micro sd cards for manual update and OTA but still unsuccessful.
The 1.3 firmware BT stutter is really annoying.

Jul 24, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #937 of 2,070
ok, so Hiby just posted this on their FB group, which may help some:

"Is the symptom the device restarts when you click OTA or file upgrade?

If so, this should be the update program that is missing "recovery". Please download the relevant installation file and installation guide from the link to install it manually: https://drive.google.com/.../1l10NVyFRpPUAVhDvPww_l1-RSmC...

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us via PM. Thanks for supporting HiBy.

Jul 24, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #938 of 2,070

If so, this should be the update program that is missing "recovery". Please download the relevant installation file and installation guide from the link to install it manually: https://drive.google.com/.../1l10NVyFRpPUAVhDvPww_l1-RSmC...

If there are any questions, please feel free to contact us via PM. Thanks for supporting HiBy.
Is it only supposed to work with the Saber version, or can be used for both?
Screenshot_20200724-152221.png

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #942 of 2,070

successfully installed driver, ran clone app, restarted r3 pro saber and now I was able to update to firmware 1.4, many thanks!

Jul 25, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #944 of 2,070
OTA update worked (almost) perfectly for me. When I tried to download it, it said "no SD card" (or maybe it was "SD card not found") even though it had a card in it. Ejected and reinserted card (without even exiting the download screen) and retried - worked perfectly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back