HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Oct 6, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #814 of 872
And what setting do you put the R2 in to do that ? I’ve tried in my Mazda Cx9 and no dice .
There's no special setting. When you connect it to a charger it will only charge if I recall correctly. When it detects a connection, you have the option to use it as a DAC or storage. Just make sure that the USB mode is not in "Audio" but in "Storage".
I'm guessing you already tried it. Make sure the car supports the filesystem the SD card is formatted with.

Oct 6, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #815 of 872
There's no special setting. When you connect it to a charger it will only charge if I recall correctly. When it detects a connection, you have the option to use it as a DAC or storage. Just make sure that the USB mode is not in "Audio" but in "Storage".
I'm guessing you already tried it. Make sure the car supports the filesystem the SD card is formatted with.
Saw this on your car's manual :

The recommended capacity of the USB memory is 16 GB or less. USB devices formatted to FAT32 are supported (USB devices formatted to other formats such as NTFS are not supported).

Oct 6, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #816 of 872
Saw this on your car's manual :

The recommended capacity of the USB memory is 16 GB or less. USB devices formatted to FAT32 are supported (USB devices formatted to other formats such as NTFS are not supported).
Thanks . My R2 has 500 gb of music on it in exfat I think. I don’t think it’s gonna work. . It’s in usb storage mode

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #817 of 872
On trying to Turning On Unit Today no power tried Holding power button for 30 Seconds only sign of life is slight change in colour of Display very light Grey
has once got to main screen but once You try to touch screen to change function it goes blank

have tried with Card installed or No Card - The power button is showing a Pale Blue colour normally Green?

Oct 7, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #818 of 872
On trying to Turning On Unit Today no power tried Holding power button for 30 Seconds only sign of life is slight change in colour of Display very light Grey
has once got to main screen but once You try to touch screen to change function it goes blank

have tried with Card installed or No Card - The power button is showing a Pale Blue colour normally Green?
Have you tried charging it?
The unit can sometimes discharge itself.

Oct 8, 2023 at 2:09 PM Post #825 of 872
After Full charge still not functioning correctly screen appears garbled and touch screen works intermittently and keeps requiring hard reset

doesnt matter if Sd Card Inserted or Not
It sounds like an hardware problem. Send an email to hiby directly, maybe they know some troubleshooting steps we don't know.
After less than a month of use, my Hiby R2 II stopped booting up completely after being idle for 30 minutes

I do not recommend it.
I recommend the same to you. Contact hiby and inform us on the outcome. I'm curious to know if there's a fix other than sending the unit back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back