HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Sep 8, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #796 of 872
I want to "report" about my user experience after a week of having this device: the battery issue has gone by itself - after next charging discharging was ok, a percent for night, without any problems.
The "site" for file transfer is already on chinese language)
As a result - the device is good, wait for some firmware improvements, as a adding only a one folder to a library. I hope, that Hiby will check this.

Sep 9, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #797 of 872
Does anybody have low volume issue with Hiby R2 II? I have to crank up the volume to 70-80-85, I had Fiio M3K and I only used 30-35 volume max on Olina SE. GAIN only increase volume a little bit but it also elevate treble region and make sound grainy.
Don't have battery drain issues but battery back-up is around 9-10 hours with mostly FLAC.

Sep 9, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #800 of 872
Seems like it's my unit. same issue with both firmware.
That's strange, the Fiio M3K has less than half the power output of the r2 II, and at 32ohm (the impedance of your iem's) it only has 25mW.
Are you using the EQ? It lowers the volume when you use it. Also, can you try another pair of iem's to see if it behaves the same?
Most of mine run fine at 45% volume but i have a pair that asks for 85%.

Sep 10, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #801 of 872
That's strange, the Fiio M3K has less than half the power output of the r2 II, and at 32ohm (the impedance of your iem's) it only has 25mW.
Are you using the EQ? It lowers the volume when you use it. Also, can you try another pair of iem's to see if it behaves the same?
Most of mine run fine at 45% volume but i have a pair that asks for 85%.
It is peculiar and I believe it's the issue with my RII 2. Issue is with both firmware 1.0 and 1.1 and yesterday I move back to 1.0. Never used EQ 'cuz I don't have to, surprisingly Olina SE is so balanced for me that I don't have to use EQ. I have TRN MT4 and CS2 and have low volume issue on those as well. Reset the DAP many times as well but no luck.
Bought from Hiby official store Aliexpress and sadly I can't return it because shipping will cost me a lot.

Sep 11, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #802 of 872
It is peculiar and I believe it's the issue with my RII 2. Issue is with both firmware 1.0 and 1.1 and yesterday I move back to 1.0. Never used EQ 'cuz I don't have to, surprisingly Olina SE is so balanced for me that I don't have to use EQ. I have TRN MT4 and CS2 and have low volume issue on those as well. Reset the DAP many times as well but no luck.
Bought from Hiby official store Aliexpress and sadly I can't return it because shipping will cost me a lot.
Sad to hear that... With 50-55 volume on hi gain with in ear earbuds and 60 when connected to bt speaker.
Never need more volume.

Sep 23, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #803 of 872
Hi! Have a situation: I have M0 Pro and considering: does it worth it to switch to R2ii? Talking mainly soundwise, because I listen from SDcard so stuff like WiFi and steamings isn’t really criteria for me. I have a balanced cable and the adapter so I use this variant.
Has anyone compared M0 Pro and R2ii back-to-back? There aren’t a lot of comparisons I’ve found and all of them are kinda radically different or not very informative.
Thank you!

Sep 23, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #804 of 872
Hi! Have a situation: I have M0 Pro and considering: does it worth it to switch to R2ii? Talking mainly soundwise, because I listen from SDcard so stuff like WiFi and steamings isn’t really criteria for me. I have a balanced cable and the adapter so I use this variant.
Has anyone compared M0 Pro and R2ii back-to-back? There aren’t a lot of comparisons I’ve found and all of them are kinda radically different or not very informative.
Thank you!
I have both and personally prefer the R2-II because of the features, especially WiFi streaming, DLNA, Airplay, MSEB, and the UI (nicer on my eyes). The R2-II is SE only: you’ll have to go to the new R3-II to get balanced output. If in addition you listen mostly from the SD, I see zero reason to switch to the R2-II. I don’t think SQ is significantly different between the two: IMHO, comparisons tend to far exaggerate the differences or even create differences where they don’t exist…

Sep 23, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #805 of 872
Another bug I've noticed and I don't know if someone mentioned that yet. When I'm charging my r2 it will show 26% charged and only when I unplug it and turn it on it's gonna show 100%.

Sep 24, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #807 of 872
I have both and personally prefer the R2-II because of the features, especially WiFi streaming, DLNA, Airplay, MSEB, and the UI (nicer on my eyes). The R2-II is SE only: you’ll have to go to the new R3-II to get balanced output. If in addition you listen mostly from the SD, I see zero reason to switch to the R2-II. I don’t think SQ is significantly different between the two: IMHO, comparisons tend to far exaggerate the differences or even create differences where they don’t exist…

Thank you very much! Calmed me down:)

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #808 of 872
Got my first TWS today so was trying them with R2ii and while trying to change Bluetooth codec player crushed and restarted, apart from that no mater what I pick it shows AAC. This software is really nowhere near stable version and it's a shame it's been released like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back