HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Jan 24, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #543 of 872
I have a unit given to my niece as a gift. It currently boots to black screen. Don't see anything regarding a factory reset in the manual.

Anyone have any insight?
In the R2 Instructions PDF - 'Notes and Precautions':
(If) the system fails and crashes, you can press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to force a restart.

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #544 of 872
In the R2 Instructions PDF - 'Notes and Precautions':
(If) the system fails and crashes, you can press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to force a restart.
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, that didn't do the trick. I've contacted HiBy. Apparently, they're temporarily unavailable due to celebrating the Chinese new year.

Might just go through Amazon.

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #545 of 872
Hello, can You help me with 2 questions:
1) It's possible to make calls using HiBy R2 connected to phone? Build in R2 or external in cable, it doesn't matter.
2) R2 will work as a USB transmitter to another USB DAC/AMP device? I understand HiBy link, but it's working with other devices too?

Feb 13, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #546 of 872
Can the hiby app stream files from the device to a phone? I don't think it can, but if there's an option I can't find it, so I wanted to make sure. I know you can use the hiby app as a remote for the device, but I wanted to stream files from my player to a connected device if possible.

edit: a word.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #547 of 872
I really like the design and look of Hiby R2
For a Hi-Fi device, the R2 is incredibly small. It weighs 85 grams and measures 61x61x12mm. It boasts a bright screen with a 480*360 resolution. The design, in my opinion, is fantastic. The screen is easy to read and has a good degree of brightness.

These gadgets are notorious for having weird button locations, but the R2 isn’t one of them. It features an excellent button arrangement that is simple to use and remember. With its shiny finish and glass design, the device appears to be highly modern and stylish.
I purchased it from Conceptkart at fair price.

Mar 30, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #550 of 872
I really like the design and look of Hiby R2
For a Hi-Fi device, the R2 is incredibly small. It weighs 85 grams and measures 61x61x12mm. It boasts a bright screen with a 480*360 resolution. The design, in my opinion, is fantastic. The screen is easy to read and has a good degree of brightness.

These gadgets are notorious for having weird button locations, but the R2 isn’t one of them. It features an excellent button arrangement that is simple to use and remember. With its shiny finish and glass design, the device appears to be highly modern and stylish.
I purchased it from Conceptkart at fair price.
Using the HibyMusic app from a phone makes it easier to control the R2.

Downloading album art and lyrics while you're listening is also handy. :)

Apr 17, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #551 of 872
Have a Fiio M5 but it's got some software bugs and my experience with Fiio is they don't fix much and move on to new products instead. How is the current state of this device software wise?

Other annoying thing is my music library is sorted by Artist/Album/Tracks and I can't quick move in folder browsing on the M5. Means every time I update the contents of the microSD it has to rescan the entire 80GB library. Takes quite a long time. Can you just play by folder on this?

Apr 18, 2022 at 4:00 AM Post #552 of 872
Can the hiby app stream files from the device to a phone? I don't think it can, but if there's an option I can't find it, so I wanted to make sure. I know you can use the hiby app as a remote for the device, but I wanted to stream files from my player to a connected device if possible.

edit: a word.
I don't think so. It would be pointless to output worse audio from your phone when you could use the DAC/AMP in the R2.

You can use the HibyMusic App with HibyLink to control playback of files from the MicroSD card in the Hiby R2 (up to 2TB apparently). That is especially handy if you bought one of those phones with no 3.5mm jack and/ or can't take a microSD card (eg. iJunk).

Aug 10, 2022 at 2:32 AM Post #554 of 872
Have a Fiio M5 but it's got some software bugs and my experience with Fiio is they don't fix much and move on to new products instead. How is the current state of this device software wise?

Other annoying thing is my music library is sorted by Artist/Album/Tracks and I can't quick move in folder browsing on the M5. Means every time I update the contents of the microSD it has to rescan the entire 80GB library. Takes quite a long time. Can you just play by folder on this?
Yes you can to the second question

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 3, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #555 of 872
going to finally get to use my R2 on my first 4 day business trip since covid
going to test it's battery capacity going from Hawaii to San Antonio Texas
9 hr in-air flight time going with a 3 hr layover in denver and a 9 hr in-air flight time returning with a 4 hour layover in SFO
bought a cheap Phinistec DAP with a 30 hr ply time for comparison testing.
Goal is to not have the DAP go dead before I reach my destination
Bought the Hiby WU1 bluetooth neck dongle to test UAT with the R2
Using my BGVP DM6 mmcx iems with the dongle and Etymotic ER2XR iem for plug in when the dongle battery dies.
Still with the plastic case had a clip like my M0 and FIWWAT mini DAPS.
The R2 supposedly has better battery life than the other two plus UAT BT and the M0 is too difficult to use in the darkness of a plane
But we'll see
I miss the old DAPs and my old mini disc player that ran on a single AAA for 4-5 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Back