HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Jun 26, 2023 at 5:26 PM Post #721 of 872
When using 12-hour fomat, betweenf 12:00am-12:59am the screensaver clock shows PM instead of AM. The time remains correct at the top of the menus. This happened on firmware v1.0 and v1.1. Can anyone else confirm?

Jun 27, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #722 of 872
When using 12-hour fomat, betweenf 12:00am-12:59am the screensaver clock shows PM instead of AM. The time remains correct at the top of the menus. This happened on firmware v1.0 and v1.1. Can anyone else confirm?
Can confirm.
Also, i don't know if it was like this on version 1.0 (i don't think it was) but if you pause the song and turn on the display, the screensaver will display the correct album art an song information but if you swipe up, it will show the song it display last time you had the screen turned on and will only update if you unpause it.

Edit: Even when the song is playing. When you swipe up there is a pause before it shows the correct song info and album. I really don't remember if it was like that on v1.0 but have the idea it wasn't

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #723 of 872
One more thing i've never seen with V1.0. Sometimes the album art only shows behind the clock, in the screensaver.
IMG_20230627_171034.jpg

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #724 of 872
FW v1.1 doesn't seem to have fixed random battery drain issues, either.
I've just experienced one - my first since, maybe, 6-7 weeks.

And like always - I didn't do anything extraordinary, nor did I alter my usage habits. It just happens.

Jun 27, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #725 of 872

And like always - I didn't do anything extraordinary, nor did I alter my usage habits. It just happens.
Are you manually shutting the player down by holding down the power button? The only time I've noticed the battery drain is when the player shut down by itself after finishing an album or playlist.

Jun 29, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #727 of 872

Happened this night to me too.

EDIT: one more thing that seems it's not working correctly: the yellow fullscreen battery indicator when it's charging no longer gives accurate state of the battery. It gets stuck in one value and won't update. The LED still works fine and changes color when it finishes.
As far as i remember, this wasn't a problem with version 1.0. Already did a factory reset but it changed nothing.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2023 at 11:50 AM Post #728 of 872
Happened this night to me too.

Aaannd it happened again. This time i managed to caught it. I was going to try a new pair of IEM's and already had them in my ears. Unplugged the old ones and plugged the new ones with the DAP turned off and i heard that sound you hear when the output has power, even if it's not playing anything. Removed the plug and inserted it several times and it kept making that sound. Also, the unit was warm and the last time i used it was 2 hours before. It also had 7% less battery just for sitting there, turned off.
Sent an email to Hiby asking for version 1.0 of the firmware. This new one feels more sluggish and i want to compare both versions to see if it's just me or is it real.

Jun 30, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #730 of 872
Truth be told, the new firmware looks like it didn't fix anything at all.
Like it was released just to keep us quiet from saying that we feel let down and forgotten.
They did improve the recording volume. But that was the only thing they described in the changelog, all the other stuff smells like the usual "let's say we fixed some bugs and improved performance so people think our devs are hard working on it, but let's be vague about it".
There is a chance that they updated the bluetooth driver, but since it's most definitely closed source, probably even they don't know what changed.

EDIT:
Found this in the update files.
1.Build Time: 2023年 06月 15日 星期四 18:24:49 CST 2.System Log: [1edfe20f0901217de89bd41b65fd02dfb976c78a] (Fri Jun 9 11:11:29 2023 +0800) <“changzez”> firmware upgrade of tp_cst8xx 3.Litegui Log: [60925280ddaf705e40ecfae909bb30a497e83bc1] (Thu Jun 15 18:22:17 2023 +0800) <fkp> [ALL] reduce MSEB memory used again

The cst8xx is the touch controller.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #732 of 872
What's the best/easiest way to get lyrics on the Hiby R2 II? It doesn't seem to read the embedded lyrics, and from what I've found online each track requires its own .lrc file?

A workaround seems to be using HibyLink Controller through the HibyMusic on Android, then searching for lyrics there to apply. Is there a way to mass search/apply lyrics?

EDIT: Also just to add, on FW1.1, no battery issues so far, but I do still get spotty bluetooth connection when I bring it out on a run.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #733 of 872
What's the best/easiest way to get lyrics on the Hiby R2 II? It doesn't seem to read the embedded lyrics, and from what I've found online each track requires its own .lrc file?

A workaround seems to be using HibyLink Controller through the HibyMusic on Android, then searching for lyrics there to apply. Is there a way to mass search/apply lyrics?

EDIT: Also just to add, on FW1.1, no battery issues so far, but I do still get spotty bluetooth connection when I bring it out on a run.
If you already have the lyrics embedded, you can use MusicBee to manage you colection and select "always copy to .lrc file" when you sync with the DAP.
If you don't have lyrics, there is also a plugin for MusicBee to batch download lyrics to your entire collection.

About your bluetooth earbuds/headphones, do you know what codec it's using?

Jul 4, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #734 of 872
If you already have the lyrics embedded, you can use MusicBee to manage you colection and select "always copy to .lrc file" when you sync with the DAP.
If you don't have lyrics, there is also a plugin for MusicBee to batch download lyrics to your entire collection.

About your bluetooth earbuds/headphones, do you know what codec it's using?
I didn't notice that option, thanks! Does the Hiby R2 II only support synced .lrc files? It didn't seem to be working for the few songs I was trying it out with. Definitely seems like the case, it's not reading neither the embedded nor .lrc file (same name and within same folder as the .flac).

I'm using the Galaxy Buds Pro 2 with AAC.

EDIT: Also is ejecting the SD card a bit difficult or do I just have short nails? I usually have to use a plastic tool to eject the card.

EDIT 2: It seems like it's not picking up a singular song in my library, I sync to the folder on my SD card with MusicBee and the folders are the same in Windows.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back