Hiby FC6 - another R-2R USB dongle
Nov 23, 2023 at 11:21 PM Post #319 of 417
Couldn’t see this anywhere: is it possible to use this hooked up to a desktop amp? Really looking to get a cheap R2R Dac to try out the sound and was thinking of this or the RU6…but not sure either would be possible/ a good idea. Would appreciate anyone’s insights…cheers

Nov 24, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #320 of 417
Couldn’t see this anywhere: is it possible to use this hooked up to a desktop amp? Really looking to get a cheap R2R Dac to try out the sound and was thinking of this or the RU6…but not sure either would be possible/ a good idea. Would appreciate anyone’s insights…cheers
The broad answer is that you can always double amp any USB dongle (assuming single-end-to-single-end or balanced-to-balanced). How much sonic gain you will get depend on how well the two ends matched up. Generally speaking, the cleaner (higher SNR and lower distortion) the USB dongle sounds, the better the result it should be.

Nov 24, 2023 at 7:14 AM Post #321 of 417
The broad answer is that you can always double amp any USB dongle (assuming single-end-to-single-end or balanced-to-balanced). How much sonic gain you will get depend on how well the two ends matched up. Generally speaking, the cleaner (higher SNR and lower distortion) the USB dongle sounds, the better the result it should be.
Thanks for the info; been wanting to try the R2R sound for a reasonable entry point so this seems like the best way forward for now. Quite a bit cheaper than a Musician Draco which is the next step up it seems. Cheers!

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #325 of 417
Could someone send me the file via email to install the latest firmware (I think it's 1.06 if I'm not mistaken) because on the Hiby site the link is corrupt. Thank you.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #327 of 417
Nov 26, 2023 at 8:22 PM Post #330 of 417
Personally cant tell a diff from NOS and OS Darwrin .07 HDR ..NOS a bit more bass and volume. I'm past 35 so.. :sweat_smile: JVC DX1000
NOS should provide a less focused but more musical and analog sound and with less separation between instruments and soundstage width... all this if implemented as on RU6 and other dongles so it doesn't necessarily have to be like this... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back