Hiby FC3 Portable DAC&AMP, MQA Compatible
Sep 15, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #181 of 220
@OniChap, thanks for the tips!

I noticed that the dongle enters in red mode (power saving) between tracks if they have different sample rate, so I set my Linux audio player (Audacious) to always sample rate at 44100 Hz.

Also, on Linux we need to change /etc/pulse/default.pa and comment the line: load-module module-suspend-on-idle. By doing that the dongle is always in blue mode, regardless if any player is open. :)

On Windows the dongle usually enters in power saving mode if it's connected to a laptop -- I haven't tried OniChap's tips though.

FWIW, on iOS the FC3 waits about three seconds before dropping into standby. As a result, songs with long lead-out of silence will sometimes trigger standby and I get a click when the amp turns back on for the next track. In the case of iOS it seems like a slightly longer time before standby would solve it. Maybe 5 seconds instead of 3.

Dec 16, 2022 at 3:24 AM Post #183 of 220
Hello, recently I have a new version of hiby fc3 (line-shaped led) and I have two questions. With MQA files enabled purple color, from time to time it flashes blue. this is normal? also on xiaomi mobile it has a problem if I am using Tidal and I want to use another application such as Spotify or Youtube, the sound will be played through the speaker and not through the earphone. The same thing happens in reverse as well. This does not happen if I use iPad. the software is up to date

Dec 21, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #184 of 220
I wonder if I control the volume on the device while playing back DSD materials it gets converted to pcm?
If the light remains the appropriate colour for DSD, then no. The FC3 is capable of receiving volume commands in the form of stream metadata.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 27, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #185 of 220
One of the channels on my fc3 no longer works - has anyone tried claiming warranty on their FC3?

Im from the UK and bought mine from AliExpress during BF couple of months ago

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #189 of 220
do you have a link to that facebook post? thanks
Unfortunately not, also that post was on Spanish, so maybe isn't gonna be that helpful, but 8nstalati9n is pretty straight forward on windows, you just open the .exe and slect the ROM on the zip file connect your fc3 with a headphone connected, no additional drivers needed, you select your FC3 as a target and rewrite the Firmware.

Jan 28, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #190 of 220
Unfortunately not, also that post was on Spanish, so maybe isn't gonna be that helpful, but 8nstalati9n is pretty straight forward on windows, you just open the .exe and slect the ROM on the zip file connect your fc3 with a headphone connected, no additional drivers needed, you select your FC3 as a target and rewrite the Firmware.
thank you, just flashed it, still only sound coming out of one channel and still doesn't work with my phone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back